Lukewarm Water

Hi,

On my second big trip with my 2018 LE2 trailer. My hot water is just warm enough to shower with. I have a Suburban hot water heater and it runs fine. I crack open the pressure relief valve and the water is very hot. Running the hot water in the sink it is only slightly warm. My valves are configured correctly around the pump etc. Before we left home I changed the anode rod and flushed the tank with a homemade copper wand. After some research I might have broken or dislocated the cold water inlet “dip” tube with my wand I’m speculating. The attached graphic shows how this could easily happen I believe.  This I suppose might allow cold water to better mix with outgoing hot water. So in summary what are thoughts about my conclusion.  And how in the heck does one fix this tube seeing that it is inside the tank?

Thanks.

IMG_0072.png

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
14 minutes ago, Mark Penton said:

Frank,

Holy cow! That was EXACTLY the case. How in God’s creation did you learn that? Many, many thanks.

Glad that was it.  It’s one of those collective knowledge items that you get from this forum.   I don’t think it’s actually documented anywhere in any of the instruction manuals. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This is the things that you learn by watching (on the Forum) the problems, little discoveries, etc...  and more importantly what they did to resolve the problem.   After a while, you will develop a level of confidence in your ability to handle most anything that comes up in your travels.   Bigger things... might require some support from Oliver... or can be fixed at home in your driveway where most likely you have access to more tools.  I tend to go around my Ollie after I get home and check, clean, adjust, fix or whatever while things are fresh in my mind.   Then after it's washed and waxed I put the cover on it while awaiting the next adventure.

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

Ditto:

We had a call to Truma at one point and their first question was if we had an outside shower.

Same issue fixed Truma as well.

Hot and cold  shower valves must be off or hot and cold water mix and the heater will run and only produce lukewarm water. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 9/23/2023 at 3:58 PM, Frank C said:

Make sure both valves (hot and cold) for the outside shower are turned off.  If they are left open it allows cold water and hot water to mix in the plumbing system. 

A little of topic from the OP, but I was told in another thread there was no way to turn the water off for the outside shower.

Where are those valves?

Thanks

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, HDRider said:

I was told in another thread there was no way to turn the water off for the outside shower.

Where are those valves?

I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate.

HDRider is asking if there is a way to turn off the entire water supply to the outside shower while FrankC is referring to the knobs/handles that are located on the outside shower itself that allow for water to flow from the outside showerhead when turned on.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

@HDRider:  I seem to remember reading a post some time ago from @ScubaRx where he installed electrically actuated cold and hot water valves in the shower plumbing feed PEX lines under the port rack, but I've slept since then - so...  

This mod would allow for eliminating water in the PEX lines close to the outside shower - better protecting them from freeze cracks in colder weather conditions.  We're thinking about doing the same mod in ours as well...  Anyhow, maybe it was his post that you were referring to.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX