EGO 765 battery powered leaf blower for drying our rig.

Patriot

I recently did a fairly deep dive on lithium battery powered leaf blowers in attempting to come up with the best blower to use after washing our rig. I wanted a cordless blower since I occasionally wash our truck and Ollie while on the road. Yep, we like a clean rig, just us.😊

This YouTuber does a a pretty decent in-depth comparison of (8) battery powered blowers. His info helped me finally decide to purchase the EGO Lithium powered 765. So today with my Lowe’s Veterans discount I paid $296.10 for the EGO 765 with charger, 56v battery and attachment's. I ordered the shorter nozzel/tube with silicone tip soft tip off Amazon. This shorter nozzel/tube seems to be much easier way to maneuver the blower while drying a car or truck. The 765 will travel with us in the bed of our truck.
After charging the battery and briefly testing out the EGO 765 on our rain soaked Ford Ranger today, I am initially very impressed with its water removal/drying power. It will be interesting to see how well it will perform regarding battery run time on our rig. I will post up additional info after putting the EGO 765 through its paces.
A clean shiny rig makes a for a happy rig owner!😄

Patriot🇺🇸

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=ego leaf blower

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BQMR622L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

We use a Craftsman leaf blower that uses the same Li battery all our other Craftsman hand tools use (drill motors, saws, angle grinders, LED light, vacuum, etc.) - it's handy to use to blow out Husky hair from the interior of the TV as well as the Casa Blanca... WOOF!

• Like 4

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

I have not tried our new EGO 765 out yet on drying vehicles or the Oliver on SPA day. The optional tip really dials in the full on after burner jet air speed Vaaaaroom! 😄 It’s full On 💯 the most powerful blower I have ever owned. I also like how compact it is for stowing in the TV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BQMR622L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0366.thumb.jpeg.34df275e8bd0ec32b49457e06c09ef7d.jpeg

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

new EGO 765 out yet

You cost me some money Patriot. I have one on order now! 😂

• Haha 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

4 hours ago, snakeriveridaho said:

You cost me some money Patriot. I have one on order now! 😂

I would be interested to know what your thoughts are on the 765. I am hoping the battery has a long life. I use to run a gas leaf blower to dry our Ollie and vehicles. It’s way just too loud. Hopefully this is the ticket! 

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

While you folks are enjoying your EGO wind blowers I'm getting ready to put our EGO snow blower to work for the first time. Think I'd rather be washing the Ollie... :classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

4 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

While you folks are enjoying your EGO wind blowers I'm getting ready to put our EGO snow blower to work for the first time. Think I'd rather be washing the Ollie... :classic_sad:

Post up a pic if you can. I would be interested to hear your review of the snowblower.
Hopefully you won’t get too much winter weather. 

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg

15 hours ago, Patriot said:

I am hoping the battery has a long life.

Hopefully the battery has enough power to dry the full rig. It would be nice not to have to carry an extra battery. 

Our winter has been one of the mildest on record so far. We have been rock climbing in t-shirts all December instead of skiing. Hopefully we will get some snow over the next few days and that will change. 

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

Hopefully we will get some snow over the next few days and that will change. 

Yes - those fish in the streams and all those fire prone trees, bushes, etc. really need that winter snow for moisture.

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 1/2/2024 at 6:21 PM, Patriot said:

I would be interested to hear your review of the snowblower.

I have the EGO 2405 24" 2-stage snowblower with four 7.5Ah batteries (a pair to run and a pair on the charger). We have an odd-shaped gravel drive (lots of little notches and spurs) that I'd estimate at about 1700 square feet with a slight incline. I added ARMORskids to the EGO because of the gravel, so it leaves about a 1/2" of snow behind.

First snowfall was 5" of heavy wet snow with temps right around freezing. I cleared the entire drive in about 1 hour on the first pair of batteries. The 10% charge light was flashing when I finished. I did not suck up any gravel or break any windows 😅. The only thing I didn't do was the plow pile at the end of the driveway. I'm sure the EGO could have done it, but a neighbor with a plow truck got that for me.

The snow blower is quiet and there's no gas engine to dither with, which I like. It's pretty light, which is both a plus and minus. Makes it easy enough to maneuver around, but it did have trouble biting into hard pack snow because it wants to ride up on top of it. It throws snow really well. I kept the auger speed low to save battery and it still threw as far as I needed. You can run it one-handed (left) and use your right hand to adjust the chute on the fly. They make a fancier one with heated handles and power turning, which I'm envious of, but it was $350 more and I figured the heaters would eat more battery.

So far, one storm in, I'm pleased with it. 

UPDATE: 2ND PASS: Another 2" of snow fell. This time I used a more efficient pattern and moved a little faster. Finished the whole drive in 30 minutes, using 3/5 of the battery power. Nice machine.

PXL_20240107_150037958.thumb.jpg.4d85d3c304c096384e5a14eae378516d.jpg

PXL_20240107_150058607.thumb.jpg.21570c38e906f9f4a07243d53492aa02.jpg

PXL_20240107_150110579.thumb.jpg.98f6337032cb2771c86e506c4059b923.jpg

Edited by Steph and Dud B
Update
  • Like 6

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

So that’s what a snowblower looks like! (Native Texan)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

Yes... I'm with you Snakeriveridaho!   I think Patriot has cost me $350 bucks too!    It was good timing though.    I've been planning on getting a small (less powerful) corded electric blower just to keep the  back of the truck,  campsite, and top of awnings cleaned off but now I realize how nice it would be to have that EGO 765 power available to dry truck and Ollie off after cleaning.   We too, roll better, with a clean and shiny rig.   

An FYI:   I also checked that the EGO string trimmer is a pretty highly rated.   My Stihl blower and trimmer are starting to get tired, so I like the idea that all the EGO implements use the same 56 volt battery (which are UL approved) and therefore would be interchangeable.

• Like 2

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ronbrink said:

So that’s what a snowblower looks like! (Native Texan)

Be careful - "payback" could be tough.😇

• Haha 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Some interesting trivia: Last year not a single freeze temp here in Houston, and Texas had the hottest summer on record! 

• Wow 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Ronbrink said:

Texas had the hottest summer on record! 

See -

I told you that "payback" could be tough!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

See -

I told you that "payback" could be tough!

I’d take a snow day over an extreme heat/high humidity day anytime. That said and given the issue of “payback”, maybe I should go ahead and invest in a snowblower?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

5 hours ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

I also checked that the EGO string trimmer is a pretty highly rated.   My Stihl blower and trimmer are starting to get tired, so I like the idea that all the EGO implements use the same 56 volt battery (which are UL approved) would be interchangeable.

I have the EGO string trimmer, blower and lawnmower; will never go back to gas lawn equipment again! I find each to be of high quality, powerful and very durable.

• Like 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

21 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

I have the EGO string trimmer, blower and lawnmower; will never go back to gas lawn equipment again! I find each to be of high quality, powerful and very durable.

I'm glad to hear that the quality of the blower and string trimmer implements are good!    While I might get away with using an electric trimmer and blower... I have way too much grass to give up my 60" gasoline mower.    The future is certainly coming where more and more of the items we use will be electric instead of fossil fuels.

• Like 4

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

On 1/8/2024 at 10:12 AM, Ronbrink said:

Last year not a single freeze temp here in Houston

It's 17F here this AM as I read @Ronbrink's FYI....  We're getting ready to head to "The Q" this Friday (where its warm) and we're planning to depart once the temps are above freezing - probably around noon! HA!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

spacer.png

• 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs

...just another beautiful "above-freezing" sun rise at Quartzsite - Day-5:

Screenshot2024-01-17at08_02_19.thumb.png.95a0330c091c1dda367ffd8010184ffe.png

Cheers!

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 1/8/2024 at 9:50 AM, topgun2 said:

Well you were right! Just came out of a two-day ‘Arctic blast’ across Texas. ‘Payback’ indeed, thinking all of my Northern Oliver comrades purposefully left their freezer doors open in retribution of my comments!

• Haha 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4