Delivery photos...sorta

59 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

More than a few of our vintage doors seem to develop a sage.  Wonder if the older hulls can easily be modified to accept the new door?

Our 2018 def has a sag.  I asked about it last we were in Hohenwald, they said they'd have to start from scratch, which would mean filling holes in the fiberglass, drilling new ones to re hang the door correctly.  This looks like the same piano hinge that's on our old ones, but I wonder, since our door is already sagging, that it might be more extensive.

• Like 1

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Bummer on the sag deal - my 8 year old door is in exactly the same place as when it was delivered.

Perhaps this is because (basically) when the Ollie is in motion, the door is closed and locked.  When I'm camped, the door is open - unless I have guests.

If I had to replace a sagging door then I'd certainly consider getting that new door instead - it appears to be more substantial than the one I have now.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

5 hours ago, Liana said:

I asked about it last we were in Hohenwald, they said they'd have to start from scratch, which would mean filling holes in the fiberglass, drilling new ones to re hang the door correctly. 

So long as the holes are covered by the frame from the cabin side, I see no issue.  Seems like it is a normal door replacement.  Now if the frame would not cover the old holes, then it becomes somewhat of a problem making them "go away".  Certainly worth further discussion if your door is no longer closing enough for appearances sake and keeping shower water out of the main cabin.  If not, looks like you may be a "Pioneer" on this one.

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Perhaps this is because (basically) when the Ollie is in motion, the door is closed and locked.  When I'm camped, the door is open - unless I have guests.

Ditto TopGun.  But i have only some sag.  Possibly because of the "ditto".  This is on my departure check list.

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

The new door appears to be curved, at edges.. Our door is a rectangle, no curves.

One check of "level, with our now 16 year old door, is if the bath door closes and opens easily. Out of level, not great. 

So far so good, but I do really like the looks of the new door!

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

8 hours ago, Liana said:

Our 2018 def has a sag.  I asked about it last we were in Hohenwald, they said they'd have to start from scratch, which would mean filling holes in the fiberglass, drilling new ones to re hang the door correctly.  This looks like the same piano hinge that's on our old ones, but I wonder, since our door is already sagging, that it might be more extensive.

What is causing the sag?  The hinge, the frame or the door itself?

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

7 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Bummer on the sag deal - my 8 year old door is in exactly the same place as when it was delivered.

If I had to replace a sagging door then I'd certainly consider getting that new door instead - it appears to be more substantial than the one I have now.

Bill

This is exactly what im doing. The door would stay closed all the time except the bathroom seems to get much colder thannthe rest of the camper. The heat vent doesn’t put out as much air back there. 

14 hours ago, dewdev said:

The glowing door would make a nice picture to post, if possible.

Congrad on your new Oliver.

Here you go. Not as dark inside but the opportunity was there. 

IMG_3213.thumb.jpeg.d2d09ae54c19ffdbe37bd166eb061f3b.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Interesting view of the bolts/rivets on the hinged side of the door.  Kind of like looking at an X-ray.

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Interesting view of the bolts/rivets on the hinged side of the door.  Kind of like looking at an X-ray.

This might also provide a good nightlight for those who need it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

looks like you may be a "Pioneer" on this one.

Won't happen anytime soon, that's for sure!  

19 hours ago, topgun2 said:

when the Ollie is in motion, the door is closed and locked. 

Same.  Tho, we learned that lesson the hard way, had to replace the glass...

12 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

What is causing the sag?  The hinge, the frame or the door itself?

I don't honestly know, Mike in service didn't really know, either, thus the proposal to completely start over with its installation. The door seems to be square, it's screwed into the frame exactly as it came out of there, No clue.  But we sure can't use it to check level as @SeaDawg said!  I have to use the closet door for that!

12 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

The door would stay closed all the time except the bathroom seems to get much colder thannthe rest of the camper.

When we're in winter conditions, we *have* to keep the door ajar with a little space heater in there to keep the supply lines from freezing.

• Like 1

2015 Silverado 2500HD

19 minutes ago, Liana said:

When we're in winter conditions, we *have* to keep the door ajar with a little space heater in there to keep the supply lines from freezing.

That would be great if there was an electrical outlet in the cabinet. I guess maybe a small Mr. Heater would also work with the vent left open. 

16 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

That would be great if there was an electrical outlet in the cabinet.

Our 2018 OE2 has an outlet between the bathroom door and the coat closet.  Perfect for plugging in a heater.  We use that outlet a lot for many purposes.  Did that feature evaporate on later models?

GJ

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderator+

For years, I've used a small electric heater plugged into the outlet under the dinette and sitting in the aisle. It can easily keep the inside temperature throughout the trailer at 70 or above. This is only when the trailer is at home and plugged in. Except for draining the tanks and blowing out the lines, the heater is our winterization. We'll be leaving for the desert southwest in a week or so anyway. For the rare instance that we find ourselves in a campground with electricity, I carry the small electric heater with us during the colder months.

• Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
8 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

Our 2018 OE2 has an outlet between the bathroom door and the coat closet.  Perfect for plugging in a heater.  We use that outlet a lot for many purposes.  Did that feature evaporate on later models?

GJ

It did, although it would be very easy to add one there by pulling power off the one under the dinette.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

18 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

would be very easy to add one there by pulling power off the one under the dinette.

I use the one between the lav door and closet (isn't there another outlet *inside* the closet?), and I see from @Jason Foster's picture that two vents have been added, really good move!

• Like 1

2015 Silverado 2500HD

• Moderator+
Just now, Liana said:

I use the one between the lav door and closet (isn't there another outlet *inside* the closet?), and I see from @Jason Foster's picture that two vents have been added, really good move!

@Liana Oliver has moved outlets around through the years. I have one in the basement, one on the outside and five more inside the coach and that's besides the two used by the refrigerator and the microwave. Some folks have them mounted in the sides of the nightstand also. At first they would just put them wherever you wanted them, but that went away when they streamlined the assembly line to not included anything that went outside of the normal layouts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

GJ

Apparently they decided it didn’t need to be there anymore. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Liana said:

I guess the vents allow moisture and heat to move easily from the cabin to the closet. Plus, if you leave the light on, then vents glow. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

That's exactly where I plug in my small electric heater when I have commercial camp ground power -  just like ScubaRx

Edited by topgun2
added detail

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

The outlet between the bath and closet is what Carol uses to blow dry her hair.  We also have an outlet in the closet at the lower shelf for the handheld vac.  Also, one in the attic, one under the curbside bed and the normal kitchen and dinette outlets.  I think we all get used to what we have.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

@Jason Foster, is your dog a Miki? His ears definitely remind me of Bugeydriver's Bosker. (our dog Liv's favorite camping pal.)

@Liana, I'm guessing your door sag is a door frame problem, unless it's been that way from the get-go. As far as i know, Oliver has always used a good piano hinge on the bath door, and those rarely "sag." If your hinge is damaged, you can feel it by running your finger down the hinge. The hinge should feel pretty smooth (just an interiotin at each juncture), not a big change as you go down the  hinge. 

Screenshot_20240106_211834_Gallery.jpg

• Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Outlets moved around, over the years.

We only have 110 above the stove, and below the small dinette seat, and on the right side of the kitchen, over the bed.

Doesn't really matter to is,,as we no longer have an inverter,  and rarely have hookups. But,it's interesting to see.

I know Chuck, iin the early 2008 days,,asked for a 110  between the bath door and the closet.  Logical spot.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

20 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

@Jason Foster, is your dog a Miki? His ears definitely remind me of Bugeydriver's Bosker. (our dog Liv's favorite camping pal.)

Screenshot_20240106_211834_Gallery.jpg

Probably. We got him from a lady who’s husband hated him. She didn’t tell us what kind he was. 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Jason Foster said:

Probably. We got him from a lady who’s husband hated him. She didn’t tell us what kind he was. 

Oh, sad for them, lucky you, and lucky dog! He's obviously  a much  loved little dog, and now,he's camping, too!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4