Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. Todd B - If you are still in the Teton area be sure to look up "Elk Ranch" road. It is located north of your campground, is on your right as you travel north and is easy to get into and out of even when towing your Ollie. Great views of the Tetons are available here without dealing with 5,000 of your closest friends. Also, Dornann's is a good place for a decent pizza - located just north of the airport. Safe travels! Bill
  3. Dean & Mary - Re Rallies: In a recent conversation with Aaron Wolters at Oliver he told me that he is working on and is interested in "regional rallies". If you would be interested in helping organize such a rally in your area, I'd suggest that you get in touch with Aaron. There are and have been a number of these regional rallies - the New England area, the Texas rally and the Florida rally all come to mind. Therefore, any organizer would not have to re-invent the wheel to get it done. Bill
  4. Wrapping up a week in Grand Tetons. Gros Venture is the campground and the fall colors, even though we were a little late, delivered! Also, thought I would post some solar number as some of these days it was really pulling in some good numbers hitting almost 350w out of a 400w panels one day. Another 6 days discounted, running invert most the day with Starlink and laptop and even some small microwave use. Batteries are sitting at 70% still.
  5. I just upgraded from a 2" Bulldog hitch to a 2‑5/16" hitch. Thanks, Patriot, for the information and the link to the Collar Trailer Hitch Lock for Bulldog‑style Couplers. I just placed my order, and it will definitely help with security while towing, since the wire that holds the collar offers virtually no real protection. I’ll be using a Proven lock on that collar so it matches all my other Proven lock keys.
  6. When we are driving it just sits on the dash. When at camp we just put it wherever we can get a decent sky view. Plugs into our Elite on the outside and with the long power cord it’s easy to work with. It’s a great thing to have for so many reasons
  7. We live in the mountains about an hour from Denver off Highway 285. We hope to attend a big rally someday if one is held close to Colorado, and a smaller regional rally would definitely interest us as well. Thanks for checking out our signature line about the equipment upgrade. I’m still working on it and hope to have everything wrapped up soon. Once it’s finished, I’ll put together a full write‑up and share the process. And yes—I agree that an Oliver‑offered Victron upgrade would definitely appeal to buyers. Dean
  8. Welcome to the Oliver family! Nice looking trailer - enjoy!! Mike
  9. That Power Foam Turtle Wax bug remover gets high ratings. Once you get your ceramic coating done you will find that the bugs are a bunch easier to remove. CGI (that Patriot mentions above) has a product that will also aid in bug removal while enhancing and adding to the life of your coating - I believe that "Ceramic Shield" is the name. Bill
  10. Pending your ceramic coating 🙂....a great / inexpensive option is Turtle Wax 50595 Power Foam Bug & Tar Remover. Interesting video here from Dallas Paint Correction. I am sure there are better products, but maybe not for the price and the foaming dwell time. As mentioned in the video, good for bugs horrible for tar. Citrol also works but is a harsh chemical. Just a thought!
  11. A professional ceramic coating will allow those bugs to wash right off with a PH neutral car wash soap. We had our Oliver ceramic coated by CGI and they did an outstanding job. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Highly recommend! https://www.cgidetailing.com/
  12. Congrats and wishing you all the very best on your adventures. Don’t forget to chock the front of those trailer tires! 😊 Welcome to the Oliver family! Patriot 🇺🇸
  13. The long wait is finally over!!! 2Dreamin has a new beginning, those planned and those that are unexpected on the road or off the road we are Apex ready. Come along with us on our journey to see what is just around the corner. Click on the link, subscribe and ring the bell to get notifications when a new video or short is uploaded to our YouTube channel. Hull #1738 https://youtube.com/shorts/gxLY7IRslJo?si=UfrcGxzsi_Mkrd0V
  14. As a first step, i wash off with alot of sudsy soap water and sponge bath, letting it soak the bugs, then go bug and tar remover for the relatively few that persist.
  15. Can anyone connect me? I lost their contact info. They had just had some major changes/additions to their electrical set up. It was done in Lebanon, TN. Thanks, Pat, #1189
  16. What a beautiful start and the perfect name — Odyssey. Welcome to the Oliver family — see you at the Rally!
  17. Yesterday
  18. Thank you topgun2 for getting me in the right string. I think I’m starting to understand how the strings work. We are camping now in Nova Scotia, but when I get the covers off, I’ll take a picture. I think I understand that Baker ships the jacks with vertical steel plates welded to the tubes and Oliver has changed to a single piece steel angle iron, which looks a lot stronger than the older ones. Not sure about the square holes in the steel and iron? if I were making it, I would drill round holes and use regular Bolts and washers instead of carriage bolts.
  19. Bug and Tar Remover, then wash and re-wax.
  20. Alex & Kelly, Looks like a great launch into the next chapter of your lives. The Odyssey will take you to many wondrous places throughout this land and your experiences will enrich your lives and souls. Welcome to the Ollie family. I look forward to meeting you at the rally in a few weeks. Pete / site B49
  21. Wow, that's the way to start out with your new Oliver! 🤠
  22. This is my thought too as long as it being turned in the right direction as suggested. It's a brass fitting on my Oliver so not easy to break and mine is stiff but it turns.
  23. Welcome to the family! Remember to bring a camera and a notebook to the Rally. Hopefully we will get a chance to exchange a few words there. Bill
  24. I did take the anode back out and will install a new access hole thankyou and drained all fluids from the hot water tank.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information