All Activity
- Today
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
srthomsen replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
My guess too> -
Could be a coincidence. But there was once an old hull with an Air Fryer upgrade. 🤣 To me none of the new features mean so much. What I think they should do is not really marketable. It's not good copy on the website to state, "you won't have to mess up the beds anymore!" But it sure would make things better for new owners if they thought more about convenience and maintenance! For example... 😎 And their choices of inverters and chargers, etc. could truly be improved! They ran with Xantrex inverters for a decade. But for SCs went from Blue Sky, to Zamp, to Victron. Now Rush Solar on both? You'd really want the Apex with TWO (2) of those 48V 100A batteries (for 800 vs. 400 Ah). One is not enough and two won't fit! 🙃 Lithionics and Platinum upgrades are extremely expensive. They could offer a econ-model LiFePO4 battery. They could go 100% Victron. Now that's marketable! It just makes sense to use components that work well together, and view status all on one app!
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
DanielBoondock replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
Yeah after I wrote that I thought “nah, it’ll be an upgraded I”. But $2M?? I knew those molds are expensive but that is nuts. Well $500k per mold I guess makes more sense. You make a fiberglass one-off model (the ‘plug’ I think?), then build the fiberglass mold off that. Still seems high but what do I know … Edit: easier bet; first reveal will be at the Rally - Yesterday
-
Hi. Read through this forum. Use Google search: "Oliver trailers forum <insert your question here>." Tons of good information available.
-
As @topgun2 suggests, I hope you come to the rally -- you will meet many happy Oliver owners, see personalized trailers, and OTT usually includes informational seminars by the Oliver team as well as some of the component manufacturers.
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
Boudicca908 replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
The OTT website has been updated since I last looked and has a nice comparison of the different current models. I notice that OTT has picked up on some of the Oliver Owner's personal upgrades, which is neat (such as offering an air fryer in lieu of a microwave). -
If possible - try to attend the Oliver Owner's Rally. It's too late to register as a full participant, but, there is no reason that you can't attend many of the functions of the Rally to include visiting with current owners in the campground and touring the vendor area. Any of the Sales staff at Oliver will be happy to give you all the details. Bill
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
topgun2 replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
I'd bet - the same size as the current Elite I. Simply put - with each of the four molds that it take to make any Oliver costing in excess of $2,000,000 (i.e. total cost would be in excess of $8,000,000) the cost of introducing a third size of travel trailer is simply too high. I'd also bet that similar to what has been done with the Elite II, a different model and/or trim level for the existing Elite I is behind that cover in the pic. Bill -
Ken_Judy started following Running A/C off new large lithium battery
-
Hi guys, the 4 AGM’s on my 2018 Oliver are kaput. I am installing a new Vatrer 460ah and was wondering how hard it would be to run the A/C off of it. I know I would need a 3000 watt inverter. Would I just take the A/C wires off the charger/converter and make a plug that plugs into the new inverter? Thanks
-
Getting closer to the rally. Lake Manawa SP in Council Bluffs Iowa. Clear view across lake to the Mutual of Omaha building.
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
Chuck and Beth replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
My guess is an Apex version of the single axle -
From their Twitter/X feed. Single axel, I’ll guess larger than the I but smaller than the II
-
annasteve started following Potential owners.
-
We are Anna and Steve from Staten Island New York. We've been arving since 2009. We camped in a camp in tear drop trailer from 2009 to 2014 and then we purchased a casita Fiboglass trailer in 2014 that we sold and we never should have We now own a grand design. Imagine,2026 which is our third RV that we are extremely unhappy with. We are looking forward to purchasing an Oliver 2027 Elite. We have just completed a 13,000 mile trip from Staten Island New York to Fairbanks. Alaska and back.
-
-
annasteve joined the community
-
Gwyn joined the community
-
YES - same on my Hull #117 Bill
-
This is exactly what we have. Was OTT installing these back when our hulls were made? I assumed it was OEM but maybe previous owner upgraded. I realize many newer ones look like what Bill showed above. The shut-off on ours was tight but works well after a CLR soak. In shower head mode, pressure not so great but good enough.
-
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
Steph and Dud B replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
We have a crew cab long bed. The long bed is good for storage, especially if you have a large Clam screen room. The downside is maneuverability. Our truck and trailer combined are about 45' long. Makes it harder to back into some campsites with narrow roads and trees. -
"Red sky at night - Sailor's ...." Pretty.
-
-
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
GregCA replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Really apreciate all your informative posts. And it looks like I opened up a can of worms on OEM DC-DC with the ENs in the comunity. OBTW the CA in GregCA are my initails. I am actully in Navarre Fl close to Pensacola -
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
GregCA replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Was going to just do a cover, but like the cap and bed slide idea. May have to consider something like this to make life easier. Yes please send me some pictures -
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
GregCA replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Thanks for the input. Didn't even consider payload and assumed a 3/4 ton would be plenty. Just based on numbers from what I know now, I should have about 2,500 lbs. of payload left after people, pets, and Oliver with 2 e-bikes are accounted for. Hopefully will be enough. Thinking back, I must have been a disaster waiting to happen back in my Casita/Ridgeline towing days. Was looking at a cap but probably leaning towards a bed cover to keep things locked up and dry. -
Ironically, I just went through this when our awning began to jam because of a piece of debris. I was really annoyed that the bottom end cap screw was inaccessible and went hunting for a right angle screw driver. But even with that the screws were pretty locked up and took an effort to remove. I ended up replacing the bottom end cap screw with a hex cap screw so I could (next time) remove it with a wrench or socket. You won't realize how good @Tom and Doreen tips above are until you need them. 🙂
- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
taylor.coyote replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Jd, If driving with an open truck bed will make me feel like a kid again, I'm all in🤸♀️ -
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
jd1923 replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Taylor and Dave are exactly right. So how do we get away with a 2500 diesel with only 8800 GVWR? We don't have a cap. I don't want to drive a truck with a cap again (after 18 year with previous truck). Then since we don't have a cap we don't need a slide. Cap and slide could be 500 LBS, more on a long bed. We ALWAYS carry a FULL 35-gal fresh water tank in the bed (300 LBS). My truck toolbox, who knows what it weighs now full, but it has extra hubs for both truck and trailer and other parts, tools to do most roadside repairs (no maintenance stuff, I do that at home). I can change a hub, even press a new axle bearing with tools always in the TV. Check with our friend Steve who has the tools on board to do anything Oliver, almost anywhere! Best wishes @ScubaRx! I like this statement and I'm an engineer who has actually taught statistics. I forget where Dave lives, but Taylor lives in that quiet part of CA near OR and I believe it rains a LOT and has that salt ocean air! He must have a cap. I love the fact that we don't need one. Yeah, sometimes I worry about theft, but try to keep my head up above those kind of thoughts since we left the west-side of Chicago 32 years ago! I LOVE an open truck bed, makes me feel like a kid again with a first truck, just pile up the chairs, break camp in minutes, reach in and grab anything, it's easy! But if you travel in rain a lot an open bed would be a PITA! When we see rain is coming all we do is put our two camp chairs in the truck (if we're in the Oliver), or in the Oliver when towing. The toolboxes are waterproof, the fridge is covered, and the rest of the stuff will get wet whether in the bed or at the campsite. The extra weight of the Cummins is likely equal to the cap and slide in a long-bed truck. And 2WD over 4WD saves 100s of LBS! Except for body height, 4WD would be a plus! But what a pain to repair! I did the starter motor in a 4WD 4Runner but first had to remove the front driveshaft to do so. We're certainly not light packers but I still have over 500 LBS available capacity when fully loaded (in both the TV and TT). No kayaks for us, but that little Weber grill is not enough, we have the dual-burner Napoleon, much heavier. We have lots of cooking equipment, pressure cookers and more, can cook over our fire ring with multiple attachments. Then there's a truck bed Dometic CFX5 45L fridge full of water and meats, etc. A diesel truck is more expensive, but our older 2WD Dodge Cummins was actually 20% of what the same truck, 4WD brand new would have cost. Diesel fuel prices today are worse than ever, diesel now being over $6 and $2 more than regular gas per gallon! I still MUST have the exhaust brake, just drive one down a hill and you'll know. Greg from CA, this is just a bunch of my ramblin's, things think about, consider or dismiss. Like Taylor wrote, "Calculate." Start a spreadsheet and keep working it. You have loads of time, think long on what you want, so don't rush the order! 😎
