Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/09/2016 in all areas

  1. Here's another winter project for you. Shortly after picking up Twist this past February I was in my workshop cleaning up a bit when I noticed I still had some left over cedar closet lining boards. So, I took the black mats from the two shelves in the closet of Twist, laid them on top of the shelving boards, traced the outline and then cut each of the boards using a band saw (one could use a scroll saw, small hand saw, or coping saw) on the inside of the line that I traced. I put the boards back together (each board is tongue and groove) and tested for fit. You don't have to be exact on the cuts since most of the edges are difficult to see inside the closet and pantry. A little sanding of the edges and then I took wood glue, placed a small amount in the groove and allowed the boards to sit overnight with a little weight on them to keep them from warping. I did this same procedure for the bottom of the pantry. Finally, I took the little scrap pieces that were left over, sanded them and placed them into the other overhead cupboards. This thin cedar lining can be found at Lowe's and probably Home Depot too. Now, not only does the closet and pantry smell nice, but, the cedar is a natural bug repellent too. Bill
    4 points
  2. I have been following this thread wondering if I needed to install some Eze Gutters on the Lone Star Oliver. At the end of our long October trip on the way home we endured a Texas gully washer. Heavy rain for hours. I had the awning out about 5 feet and the back curbside window open about two inches (this window is under the awning). Somehow, water ran down the window screen into the bottom of the shade frame, traveled along the bottom of the plastic frame towards the kitchen then exited onto the bed. It was dark and stormy so I didn't go out to investigate how the water got to the screen. The river stopped flowing as soon as I realized what was going on and closed the window I jumped online and ordered 20' of Eze Gutter from Amazon and it was on our porch when we got home. As soon as we get some sunshine I will follow Bill's procedure and get them installed. This might be something that the factory should consider doing. Mike
    2 points
  3. On the way back from our trip to the east coast we stayed a few days at Lake Ouachita SP just outside of Hot Springs, Arkansas. This is one of the nicest state parks we've stayed at. Most sites in our section had great lake views. Sites had large, level concrete pads and full hook ups (water pedestal was marked "frost resistant"). There was a large picnic table area and another area behind the trailer pad. Good separation between sites. Lots of big mature trees with good shade. We were there the last week in October and the weather was great, 40s to 70s. There was no cell coverage, which could be good or bad depending on how connected you need to be. A 5 minute drive up the hill and our phones got a few bars. $26/night.
    1 point
  4. While at the factory recently, management told me that the Dexter EZ Flex system will probably become standard equipment in the future.
    1 point
  5. OK, let it be known that a grizzly bear didn't get me and I'm back from almost two months on the road with Twist. We got rain, sun, hail, wind, gloom of night, etc. and after almost exactly 5,000 miles of dirt roads, and interstate roads the EZE rain gutters are still exactly where I originally put them. In fact, they don't look a bit different at all with no staining, or discoloration of any sort. So, as far as I'm concerned, they have performed as advertised and I'm very pleased with both the look and the performance. As they say in the cartoons, "That's All Folks". Bill
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
    • DBL-R earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • GregCA went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Jcraig earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • OliverTheCountry earned a badge
      Week One Done
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information