Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/01/2017 in all areas

  1. OK, I've been at it again. This time I've installed a clothesline in the bathroom. I got the idea from similar lines that I've seen in the bathrooms of a number of hotels. The install is fairly simple. For the plate that the line hooks into I used a couple of stainless steel bolts through two holes drilled through the bath wall and into the closet. Inside the closet I used washers and nuts also of stainless. For the main unit, again two holes were drilled through the bath wall and into the bathroom cabinet. Again, stainless bolts, washers and nuts were used to attach a bracket to the wall. Then, as per the instructions, the main unit was placed over the installed bracket, a set screw was tightened and I was done. A simple twist of the knob in the center of the main unit, pull out the string to the bracket on the opposite wall, tighten the knob and hang up the wet things. Reverse the process to take down the line. I purchased this from Amazon - $11.99 - Kingsuper Stainless Retractable Clothsline. It will hold up to 11 pounds and will extend up to 8.2 feet. Bill Note that in the left side of the picture one can see the bracket on the opposite wall that the line gets hooked into.
    2 points
  2. The shelf unit below the sink is removable. Depending on whether you have a newer or older unit affects the ease at which this is accomplished. This is good for both the plumbing and accessing the wire run from the front of the trailer. You can find the info here
    2 points
  3. John, My total time on the road this year was about 2.5 months. Out of that I'd say I actually used this clothesline 60 days. Never had a problem - works like a charm. There is one small "frayed" spot on the cord near the end that slips into the bracket on the wall. However, given that there is about 11 feet of cord in there and it is only "frayed" on the last inch or so and the cord only gets extended about five feet or so, I figure I've got about 60 years or so of cord (if I need it). As one would expect, there is no rust, pitting, etc. on either the main unit or the wall bracket. Bottom line is - I'd purchase it again in a minute. In case you missed it - there are some other solutions to having a clothesline. I believe it was "Setting Sail" that put a line at the rear of the Oliver either by using suction cups or "Command Strip" hooks. Their solution gave more room, but I didn't like the fact that it was out in my living space. Does that help? Bill
    1 point
  4. Scotty and Donna, Congrats on the new family member!!!!!!! Hull #75 was the only experimental Ollie built with the "Saturn" option. Bill, Yep, It generates a little extra heat accompanied with poor fuel economy :( , but the view is "Out of this World"! :) Happy New Year!!!!!
    1 point
  5. I'm designing a stainless countertop to go right over the standard fiberglass countertop. This will have a backsplash and a turn-down in front. It will make the surface much more durable and heat resistant. And it should be lighter than the optional Oliver faux granite top. Once I get it drawn up I'll post the dimensions and the installed photos, but it will be a while yet as it's not at the top of the list.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information