Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/21/2017 in all areas

  1. We have finished our business in Tucson and have just filled up with gasoline. We are headed East on Interstate 10 and it will be our home for the next few days. The forum seems blessedly devoid of drama currently. We can only hope that it remains so.
    3 points
  2. Malcolm, Twist has the pinstripes in silver - I do not think that it ha the same (perhaps the metal flake in the gold is larger?) "sparkle" as the gold though. In any case, I believe that it is fairly understated and adds to the classy nature of the Oliver. Bill
    1 point
  3. Keeping the hull of an Ollie looking factory new is doable. My nine yr old Elite shill shines like the first day. If you can somehow keep it out of the sun when you are not traveling, that will help stop UV damage from beginning. I have managed to wax mine at least yearly, sometimes semiannually with various products along the years. My go-to product right now is ReJex, mentioned above. Initially, I intended only to put it on the front to make Bug removal easier. But it went on so effortlessly, I did the whole trailer. Great stuff. Gets rid of bugs . . . get some now.
    1 point
  4. Congratulations Reed & Karen I'm really enjoying your pictures and keeping up with your trip. It's getting me really excited about our trip starting next week to California, Oregon, and Washington. Maybe we'll have a chance to meet yall somewhere along the way. Hope so. My wife tells people that I never know where I'm going until I get there. She also yells at me not to wonder off every time I go out the back door. I guess that can't be all bad and that's why we like owning an OTT. To just wonder off. One tip I'd like to offer is to get another 10-foot extension hose soon. Because of the sewer hose coming off the back instead of the side like most RV.s, to reach a lot of park sewer hook ups it will take a longer reach. The hose compartment will except the extra hose. Hap PS - Post more pictures as you travel home.
    1 point
  5. I ended up buying the Rhinoflex 15' sewer hose today. I just really like it a lot better because you pull it open and it stays at the length that you open it too, so you can set it exactly where you want it. Plus it comes with a cap for the 90° that makes it capped in one length with no extra pieces to deal with other then the sewer multi-thread adapter. The Camco hose was OK but there's no comparison, so the Camco just became the extension hose.
    1 point
  6. I would be astonished if any kind of surface treatment has been applied. I am eager to try Rejex on my future Ollie, which they are starting today! WooHOO! That is assuming they don't take President's Day off. http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html I will be towing with a diesel that does not have DPF, so there will be some soot drifting back under heavy load. I hope the Rejex will make it super easy to remove. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  7. Reed ans Karen, That sure is one beautiful looking trailer! I like how you can see the reflection of the barren trees in the twilight hour. They must have given you the superdeedooper-extra-special glossy finish on that one. Nice, real nice. Take your time getting home, it is pretty wet back there. Pete
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
    • DBL-R earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • GregCA went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Jcraig earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • OliverTheCountry earned a badge
      Week One Done
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information