Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/25/2017 in Posts
-
Voices and Post Numbers are still there. It's just that now they are the same color as the background so you can't see them except faintly in the slightly darker every other thread line. I'll take up for Larry, if it were not for him and him alone, this forums would not exist - AT ALL. He started it back in 2008. I'm not sure if Oliver knows or understands how important these forums have been to their company's success and it's people like Larry and Betty Harmon that have made it great.6 points
-
Betty and I are currently in S/W Arkansas and the forums slow response speeds coupled with our 3G connection make getting on the forums difficult. As a former KEYMASTER that was reduced to MODERATOR without notification, I feel that my input will have little if any weight in the conversation. I no longer get a heads up from the IT department when they make changes, so I find some of those changes baffling. As the builder of the original forums I recruited all of the current moderators with the exception of one that was appointed by the IT department. So our moderators now communicate directly with the IT department when they experience issues. The moderators no longer have the authority that they had in the past and their suggestions seem to not influence the forums operation. I find that I am somewhat out of the loop since my demotion from keymaster status and since I received no courtesy call, my conclusion was that the newly appointed keymaster was handling the things that I had felt were in my job area.6 points
-
We are approaching one year of Ollie ownership after finding our used Ollie on this forum. With Oliver selling direct to the end user is very unique. Assume the majority or all camper manufacturers use dealerships for sales/service and depends on if you find a good dealer on how good the customer's sales/service experience is. Used to be responsible (when I had a real job) for rebuilding, building complete industrial machines, R&D, mechanical devices, hydraulics, electrical, engine applications, also working directly with the end user. It was important and helpful to know immediately when real improvements were needed, but sometimes problems reported were not our manufacturing issues which takes time away from the job of rebuilding/manufacturing to determine the source of the problem. Assume that's why manufacturers use dealers. Important feedback is sometimes lost in the transaction between the dealer and manufacturer. My experience has been great communicating directly with Jason at OTT. The service experience was also great when we took our Ollie in to OTT for repairs. Have been a moderator on another forum (not as large as this forum) for another type of camper. I'm not an IT guy, the forum owner/administrator owns the server & forum. It's the fastest operating forum I have been on. We do not have paid advertising and only accept donations from folks that want to contribute to pay for the forum operating cost. I'm getting ready to stop moderating on that forum since we own a Ollie. This forum is unique and appreciate the work by early forum members like Larry to set the direction for this forum! Thanks Larry! Oliver is a unique and fine travel trailer. Appreciate the constant upgrades being made at OTT, too!!!!4 points
-
We have read most of the posts going back 8+ years. We do understand the importance that these 'Moderators' have been to the success of the forum. They have developed the wisdom as well as the shape of the future of the forum, at least to this point in time. We did not understand that Larry had started the forum, but we were aware of his importance to it. He set the tone. We have learned more from the forum than from the company. As someone that was involved with sales and operations of a large sales organization, i am somewhat baffled by the apparent lack of involvement by the Oliver's principals in the forum. I have gotten more information from the forum than from the companies sales office. That has been my only avenue of contact with the company. My calls to the sales office have left me concerned about the lack of depth of knowledge. If it had been my organization I would be 'camped' on their desk, or they would not have one. It would be required that they spend at least sometime on the forum learning concerns, and maybe answers. It is like the black streak issue. One of the 'sales' personnel stated that when the forum talked about it they would get a lot of calls at the office, then it would fade away. Sort of like if they ignore the issue long enough it goes away. Like yellow blinds, low refrigerators, black streaks, sleeping for four (that one goes back 8 years), window over the sink, and others. Almost like if they ignore forum issues long enough, they will go away... The importance of the forum to the Oliver's company success has to be obvious. If maybe I had studied the forum more, my rush to order might have been delayed. We now have lingering doubts, and hope it is not " buyers remorse"...3 points
-
I emailed Matt on this same topic yesterday. They are aware, and working on it. I suspect it's frustrating them, too. Sorry for the hassles. I am still having to post on mobile data. The board doesn't like my high speed FiOS connection, apparently. Sherry3 points
-
I agree with Bill. We're approaching one year of ownership and have over 12K miles on our Oliver. We've had a few maintenance issues that were addressed quickly. Both sales and service have been very responsive, making me feel that they genuinely care and take pride in their product. I've not had any of the "run around" you sometimes get with car dealers or others. This forum probably sells a lot of trailers. I know I relied on what I found out here when making my decision between an Oliver and an Airstream. I'm not an IT guy and don't understand why it is so slow. Matt seems pretty diligent about keeping it running and adding features.... I also appreciate the old timers that got things rolling. Larry, Steve, Sherry and Pete have been doing this for a long time and still find time to contribute and help new folks. You do feel part of a family. Mike2 points
-
Larry and Debbie are good people and very good friends. Little House Customs will take excellent care of you. Over the years, Larry has crawled all over The Wonder Egg and made some nifty improvements for me. Show him your wish list and he might be able to help you out on a few items, and more. He'll love crawling around in a 23.5er and will do it proud! Tell them Pete says hello and ask him to play you a few ukulele tunes.2 points
-
I agree, the forum has become/is becoming all but unusable with the slow connection speeds and the seemingly endless changes that pop up unannounced almost daily. So, would the keymaster Id'd as JWalmsley please step forth with a post and explain what your function is. We also need a direct contact cell number for you so we can contact you whenever there is a problem. Since the forum members generally consider this a 24/7 job, it would probably be wise to include your usual bedtime so we'd have an idea when it would be too late to call you.2 points
-
Voices and post numbers seem to have disappeared. Can only assume there is a major or strange issue going on, as we now have two keymasters. Also activity wall is in melt down.1 point
-
I will say this for Oliver. Even in the days when they suspended trailer manufacturing, they still were responsive to any and all issues existing owners had. While trying to keep a young, multifaceted company afloat. Still get great service when I contact the factory, even though most of the new folks don't know me from Adam. The forum has been a great place to explore and exchange ideas, since our friend Larry started it over nine years ago. Oliver has always paid the bills, and sponsored our sandbox, but has rarely monitored or interacted. And, that's really ok with me.... It's our owners' forum. I do miss the old, faster forum format. I so hope the new one gets back to the old speed. I have to admit, it's frustrating at times. Sherry1 point
-
I agree with the idea of a small see through window in the door. When someone (highway patrol) knocks on your door at midnight, it would be nice to see who was there. Of course a small kitchen window would slap be nice. I would like the jack switches inside, since we always level off the counter by the stove. At least you people with the newer trailers don't have to stand on your head to see the switches, and I always get the wrong one and push up when I want down. We never had a stability issue with the front jack, actually we often just stabilize with 2 jacks. Stan1 point
-
I love the idea of extra storage inside the propane area! At least with an access port so I don't have to remove that darn thing. I already have stabilizers (manual) towards the front. Trumpet Guy added them before he abandoned Ollie to AS. Motions sensitive porch light would be useful, and probaly easy to add a battery operated one ourselves in this age. Should stick right on, perhaps on the door itself. The Donald and I are both blessed with small hands, so the sewer is not problem for us.1 point
-
Gary, I started out pulling Hull 138 with a 2014 Suburban 4x4. My trip to Moab, UT last spring was a real eye opener, especially trying to make it over those mountain passes along I-70. Since then I had a bad case of truck envy. I finally pulled the plug last month and traded in the Suburban for the 2500HD Duramax. Haven't pulled anything with it yet - still waiting to get some new miles on it first. I took it out for a spin from Denver to Breckenridge last weekend. It was everything the Suburban wasn't, especially going downhill using the diesel brake exhaust with the trailer towing setting engaged. I set the downhill auto speed to 60 leaving Eisenhower Tunnel and it deviated by only 2 mph from that setting the whole trip down. My type of speed control! Hans1 point
-
There are lots of posts here and on Fiberglassrv.com as well, I would read them all. We went in 2012 and last summer 2016 just a couple quick suggestions. go to Glacier and cross over so you can stay in Waterton NP, Banff NP, Jasper NP and the Canadian Ice Fields ( you can stay at the Ice Field Visitor Center for $15 canadian just a parking lot but directly across from the Ice field ) "BEAUTIFUL", just out of Jasper you can go north to the start of the Alcan in Dawson Creek. Make reservation for those like Denali now they will all be full. Do the usual along the way Laird Hot Springs , White Horse, Sign Post City Watson Lake, etc. and if you are willing go north before entering Alaska and head up to Dawson City and Chicken to do the Top of the World Hwy check for the weather if nice go if lots of rain save for the return portion and back track to the Alcan. One thing to remember watching when the Salmon run you want to be there like Homer, Steward, Haines for the salmon which bring all the Grizzly Bears to the salmon runs to feed and like in Valdez you will see the Bears, Seals, Sea Lions and Eagles have a Buffet at the salmon weir across the bay. The salmon start running in July some early some late. Stay at Provincial parks as well busy on holiday and weekends need to be early on the nice ones to get a site, get the Mile Post tells you everything on the road. Then after leaving Alaska return back down the Cassiar Hwy into Washington state doing the 101 coast Hwy to the redwood Nat. Park in Crescent City Calf doing if you can Mt Ranier, Cascades National Park, Olympic Nat Park, Then head NE to do Crater Lake NP moving east ............ On the Cassiar good road go to Hyder in and out of Canada and Alaska........Ok I'm jumping around but a few thinks to look at and see if it fits your style travel slow enjoy and have an extra memory chip for the camera you'll need it......PS I would be out of Alaska by end of August, in 2012 we left Aug 25 and the water lines froze first two nights in Tok and Haines City, gets cold at night by then and most private camp grounds are closing by Sept 1st or the Holiday in Alaska, norther BC and the Yukon Territories. Also clothes for rain, Cold Rain, Hot Summer, and we had snow mid June in the Canadian Ice Fields with ice on the truck in the morning use the layer effect. Ok no more but U will Love it as they say " Just Do It" ....Thanks Gary1 point
-
Recent Achievements
