Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/07/2017 in all areas
-
2 points
-
Over the years, we've had many discussions on the best way to bre coffee. My fave is a big, pourover Melitta or knockoff pourover cone, into a salvaged thermal stainless pot from failed home coffee maker. This week, Amazon has one of my faves on special. Only in black. Uses the big, universally available #4 filter. If you order other stuff, to $35, it's free shipping. Sherry2 points
-
2 points
-
The 2017 Oliver Rally T-Shirt is now available to pre-order. They are $10 each and you will pay for them at the Rally. Click here to request your size so we can order an appropriate quantity of each size.2 points
-
Plus, I think doubling their line has really put a lot more stress on the guys building them. Businesses are always looking for ways to cut costs and make things faster and that all reflects on the quality overall after a certain point. We've been really happy with our trailer and everything checked out great at the factory. The drawer problem that we had was an easy fix. And now after using the Zamp controller, I'm ok with it even though the Blue Sky controller is better overall being that an mppt controller and is the best and newest controller on the market. The Zamp is dependable and runs itself more or less and that's why they switched to it and so far, it has charged up the batteries every day, though we don't use much ourselves anyway. Lots of things go wrong in new RV's all of the time, but here with Oliver, that didn't happen and everything worked from day one. I did have to set the Zamp controller to our "Wet battery" system but that was a quick and simple fix. It had come set on the AGM factory default setting. In Jasons Technical Sevices Bulletin, he says that they set it there, but that just didn't happen with ours and I don't see how it really could have been missed when it was installed. Still it was another quick and simple fix. Overall, I expected to find more problems and being that they also supplied everything needed to operate our new trailer from day one... That says a lot :)1 point
-
Indeed. Someone must understand, with their marketing plan, that word of mouth is their lifeblood. And the forum and it's members has to be one of the greatest sales tools they have come across. If the sales dept., engineering, production, service, IT, and overall manager ( if they have one) was to devote an hour a day minimum scouring the forum they could jump start their brand. They would then have to spend an hour a week discussing their findings. It does seem like inter-department communication is severely lacking. The forum provides more information than costly market research could ever provide. I don't see any need to go international to grow their brand. I think they have to look internal and get back to their core standards and values...1 point
-
The one I've used for years, little better for storage, uses #4 also. GSI Coffee EDIT - Hadn't noticed earlier, yup that's same grinder I have, works great.1 point
-
OK, Tali and I restrung the shade with the broken string this evening. Not the most enjoyable task we've ever done but it beats a sharp stick in your eye. A little complicated until you've done it a couple of times but once you "see" how it works it's really not too bad. I had to partially disassemble another one to see how much tension to put on the strings. I'll be happy to restring one for anybody for only $500.00 string included.1 point
-
Most places are set up to fill the tanks in place, I've only filled these twice but I don't pull the tanks. When I pull in they either direct me or I look for their hose and park next to it. That's how I filled my old Motorhome also with as stationary tank. Different companies will have vastly different prices also, up to a dollar or more per gallon difference, so be sure to use your "Gas Buddy" app or using "Google Assistant" also can help if Gas Buddy is coming up empty :)1 point
-
I looked at the Camp Chef Mountaineer - looks like a copy of the Partner for not much less, plus I don't get the hose coming out the front. Looks like everything in that section of their site is either a copy or relabeling of someone else's product. Not that that's necessarily bad in itself, but still. Don, if you get the Partner, you might take a look at these carry bags from Blue Ridge. They look like a nice addition. - https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/2-Burner-Partner-Steel-Stove-Bag-18-p/21ps2.htm And it's not on their website, but they'll add adjustable feet to the bottom if you want.1 point
-
For those that are planning on attending the Plant Tour at the Oliver Rally and/or the Oliver Delivery Process, please RSVP for those events so we can plan staff accordingly. RSVP for Plant Tour RSVP for Oliver Delivery Process1 point
-
On our GMC Sierra there is about 5 inches of clearance from the top of the hitch lever to the tailgate when lowered.1 point
-
1 point
-
John, Good observations. The Master lock shank is .25" outside diameter. Most of the padlocks I use have larger diameter shanks. I was lucky I had that padlock with me when picking up the Ollie from the previous owner. Might not need to cut the hitch bolts off, should have reversed them while in the R&D mode fitting the Sway Master, letting the Sway Master cover them on the other side leaving only hex heads and flat washers on the starboard side of the hitch, don't remember if I've already tried this. Will see if reversing them will work. The longer Grade 8 bolts and washers were purchased for a different mounting arrangement for the Sway Master, found a better installation not needing the longer hitch bolts. The telescoping bolt behind the hitch was previously cut off before purchasing the Ollie from the previous owner, but I need to file & coat the cut end, not going to cut it shorter since it's already close to the fiberglass cover. Also use the long padlock shank to hang stuff on while not towing. With the newer Ollies using cables instead of chains, longer shank may not needed:1 point
-
Cleaning an awning? Any secrets? At a CG we were at in the western mountains of Maine a lot of the seasonals would leave their awning out all season. They would just lower when they were away. Usually at the end of the season they would wash with a product called Reliable. They would do about 3 square feet at a time. When all done, they would put about a cup of Murphy's Oil Soap in a pail of warm water, and redo the awning with a brush and rinse. They would look like new. Next season the oak dropping, pine pitch and needles, and fine dust would rinse right off. Hardly any effort. Also that Reliable to those stubbon black streaks off those stick built trailers...1 point
-
Recent Achievements
