Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/18/2018 in all areas

  1. My wife Bobbie and I visited the factory on 15 February and then spent some time with Anita making our order. Fortunately for us, there were some openings for near term start dates. We picked a start date of 21 February and a delivery date of 9 May. We're already counting the days and looking forward to getting on the road. Mike
    1 point
  2. has anyone found one that is accurate? This one looks promising.
    1 point
  3. Mike & Carol - I gave up on all of the old "gauges" some time ago. I simply do not even use the automatic change over valve on the propane tanks and keep my "spare" bottle shut off until the one I'm using runs out of propane. That way I certainly know when the first is empty and I get it refilled as soon as possible after switching to the "spare" tank. I should note here that I seldom use the furnace and only use the hot water heater (for shower water) when I have little other choice. One of my 20 pound propane bottles lasts me up to two months primarily cooling the fridge, heating water for tea, coffee, or hot chocolate and heating meals. You're right - this one looks promising. But, for $100 I think that I'll stick to my current method. Bill
    1 point
  4. That appears to be the underside of your flush valve, my guess is that either the valve isn't properly seated, or the valve is bad/ cracked. You might try grabbing the back of the valve itself ( where the hose attaches) and pushing it in. If that doesn't work it looks to be pretty straightforward to replace it, you're under warranty, oliver will pay to replace it as long as it didn't crack from freezing.
    1 point
  5. We just spent 10 days in Monument Lake Campground on Hwy 41 on north side of the Everglades. It's a Federal campground, so your Gezzer pass is good. There are no electric or water hookups, so there always seems to be openings. Plus there is a big AT&T tower real close, so cell service is good. We had originally split our time between Monument and Midway Campground. Midway had electric hookups and paved roads, and is always booked up. We decided to trade the good cell service for electric service, because "solar rocks". The camp hosts were a interesting couple, they were from Maine, and have been hosting there for 10 years. Stan
    1 point
  6. Love your interior, and it’s nice to see what the new t.v. location looks like. I’m very confused about the hull number - we pick up in June, and Anita told me just last week that our hull number is 310! I wonder if I misunderstood her.
    1 point
  7. Jason and his team should be congratulated on the new web site. The colors are pleasing, and the photos on the main page are really great, especially Phil Andrews’ stunner of the Ollie next to a campfire with a kayak on the lake! They did a great job with the drop down menus, really increasing functionality for a potential buyer exploring the web site for the first time And, for us Forum users I see that they have just added Recent Topics from the Forums drop down menu. Thanks! I have two suggestions to improve the site. As a current owner who mostly uses the Forums, I accept the fact that the web site’s primary purpose is marketing to new potential owners. Two years ago when I was thinking about buying an Ollie, Wincrasher’s blog and video were very helpful to me. The fact that these were made by a current owner (I know, he subsequently sold the trailer), was very influential, compared to a video made by the manufacturer. There are now a bunch of other videos and blog posts, all made by owners. My suggestion is that the Why Oliver drop down menu include one more menu item, maybe called Owner Generated Content. (This is not the smoothest name, and I hope someone will come up with a better one.) This would lead to a web page that would link to Owner Generated Content, including videos by Buzzy, G&J Roaming and Rolling, Mountainborn, Reed Lukens and Wincrasher. Other videos? It should also link to the blog posts by Wincrasher and SuperSizeLife. There are probably other blog posts. Are there any legal / permissions issues here? Second, I would like to suggest the web page provide links to Oliver Owners’ Blogs. My idea is to have another item under the Forums drop down menu called Oliver Owners’ Blogs. (Better name anyone?) I have stumbled across the blogs of Mendofrank, Mike and Gerri, and SuperSizeLife and I have enjoyed them. I am pretty certain there are other blogs out there by Oliver owners, and I would like to read them. The Oliver Owners’ Blogs page could simply have a short description of each blog along with links. Again, are there legal / permissions issues here? The Oliver Forums have been a great community for sharing useful information, and I think these blogs would enhance that community.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Year In
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information