Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/23/2018 in all areas

  1. My wife and I are building a garage on a vacant lot in the Florida panhandle. Our plan is to store all our personal possessions in this building while we travel all over the country. I am told we need to purchase commercial insurance because we do not live there nine months per year and there is no house built on the lot as yet. The structure is 2x6 frame w/ threaded rods for hurricane and wind, all plywood sheathing roof and sides, metal roof, and cement-based siding (like Hardiboard). The windows are impact resistant with wooden shutters. The structure is built like a tank and climate controlled. Does anyone have any ideas how to go about getting affordable insurance for our building and contents? The quote we got was quite ridiculously high and I need some guidance. Surely we are not the first people to build a base camp for our RV. We have sewer, water hookup, and 30 amp service.
    1 point
  2. It's the macerater Oliver installed. Modified a bit. This is where it all began.
    1 point
  3. Steve - in some ways it is a shame that (I assume) you are using LED lights. If you had used incandescents you would have enough heat down in the basement to make the entire camper toasty. Either that or you cold simply park it at the end of a runway for flood lighting of the airport. Nice job (as usual) and I still really like that light/water pump switch combo that I've been meaning to get for myself. Perhaps at the Rally - I've got beer! Bill
    1 point
  4. During our build in 2013 I asked that there be three hatches placed down low on the inside of the coach so that we could access the "spaces" under our raised bed platforms as well as the basement. I see that the one under the nightstand at least has apparently become standard equipment. I also had them install switches that control the basement light. One was placed beside the inside hatch going into the basement and the other was placed just inside the the outside basement access door. One of the first additions I did was to increase the number of lights in the basement so we could see all the distant corners from both inside and out.
    1 point
  5. http://www.doityourselfrv.com/rv-macerators/ They can work very well, when they are working. They tend to be rather high maintenance... John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  6. Were you referring to my thread with the Towing Checklist? The attachment somehow got screwed up, and I can’t edit that post!!! I reposted the doc further down this page, see if it works for you now. http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/my-tow-camp-checklist/#post-125009 Let me know by PM if you are still having trouble and I can email it to you. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  7. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, since I brought this up a few years ago. I would like to see a option where you could add your city and or state under your name. Often times based on a persons post, it's nice to know where they are from, it may put their post in prospective. Most forums have this option.
    1 point
  8. My daughter knows pretty much all about the systems, but she will be hosting a couple of her adult friends for two nights. I am a worrier by nature, so I wrote an Overnight Visitor Checklist to educate them on how everything works. It is two full sides of an 8.5 x 11 sheet, and I laminated it so I can leave it out on the table for them to HOPEFULLY read and understand. It's a Word doc, if you want to use it you should edit out the stuff that does not apply to your trailer, like the composting toilet, and add any extra info specific to your Ollie. Oliver-Legacy-Elite-II-VISITOR-CHECKLIST.docx I hope this is helpful. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Year In
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information