-
Posts
7,789 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
467
Everything posted by topgun2
-
How Comfortable are you in Your Elite II ?
topgun2 replied to JPatrickJ's topic in General Discussion
Patrick - As with all RV's I've ever been in, the air conditioner is loud. My solution to that is to camp at an elevation where I simply don't need it. In most (if not all) places on the Oliver with doors and other openings the fiberglass has been molded with nice radius corners or the panel has been turned in at the edges which produces nicely rounded corners. You first question depends almost entirely on your personal need for space. Besides the dinette there is the sleeping area. In either floorplan of the Elite II, the sleeping area can be used for many other things other than sleeping. Your best bet would be to arrange either a factory tour in Hohenwald, TN or to take a tour of an Oliver that is located near you. The Sales Office at Oliver would be happy to arrange either (or both) for you. Bill -
Same to you and your family, Phil. Also, Happy Holidays to all the great folks in the Oliver Family - both at the factory, sales office and owners. I still find it difficult to believe that in this day and age there is a product and company this good. Bill
-
Would something like this work for you? USB Fan
-
Mac - I'm not overly sure that I see your entire situation here. I understand your wanting to "fish" a coax between the hulls but perhaps there is another way to get done what you want to do. I assume that your Oliver does have the external coax port on the street-side rear. If this is correct then you can use that connection for your Directv. If you are already using this for other things then you can simply use a "A-B switch" in order to switch between two sources that are connected to that port. Obviously, if you have even more things you want to connect there are "A-B-C etc. switches". This way you would not have to fish anything nor would you have to cut another hole in the hull of the Oliver. Bill
-
There are a number of reasons that I do not generally carry a cell phone. However, while on the road I always have one available for emergencies and as a back-up for my tablet and/or laptop. Even though these things can be annoying I'm becoming more convinced that they really can be very handy. For years I've always carried ear plugs to use while trying to sleep when I've had to camp in noisy places. I've also carry "relaxing" music that I can play through my Oliver's music system (placed on the built in timer so it shuts off after I'm sleeping). Not until recent though have I used an App on my smart phone to create "white noise". The App that I use is called "White Noise HD" and is free in the Google Playstore. There are a number of different "noises" and I can select to add (or subtract) various other sounds from a particular track. If you have trouble sleeping in a noisy environment you just might want to consider something of this "nature". Bill
-
Anyone else watch the Tesla Cybertruck launch?
topgun2 replied to SeaDawg's topic in Towing an Oliver
-
To specifically answer your question - no. But I've not looked for it either. If you saw episode 2 then you really got the gist of episode 1 - how to learn to drive a big class A. At this point - I agree with your assessment of the series so far. Perhaps not exactly 90% commercials but the content has not been what I would call "riveting" either. And, yes, I do understand that we are not the portion of the audience that would get excited by learning how to drive a class A. Even the short portion in episode 2 with Technomadia (former Oliver owners) was fairly superficial without substance. I really do hope that things improve very quickly. Bill
-
Nan - Be a bit careful here with knowing which switches and breakers one is talking about. On most (if not all) Olivers there is a water heater circuit breaker that is located amongst all of the other circuit breakers AND there is the switch that John is talking about. If your circuit breaker was in the "on" position but the water heater switch for electric was in the "off" position then it is unlikely that any damage was done to your heating element. However, if both were in the "on" position it is more than likely you element is destroyed. The easiest way to tell is to simply fill the water heater and turn it on, wait a few minutes and see if the water is hot. If it is not hot after about 15 minutes then it is almost certain that the element will need to be replaced (or, you will simply need to only use propane for heating water in that tank). Bill
-
Mr. Big - I was more than happy to show you "Twist" and am still amazed that you allowed me to bore you for so long. Congrates on the order. Just think of all those Christmas presents you can now get that are Oliver related. When do you plan on taking delivery? Bill
-
Nan - Yes, it is very likely that by not having water in the water heater the heater coil has been destroyed. Bet you wouldn't do that again. Bill
-
When you click on your Forum name a page will open - in the upper right hand corner of that page will be a fairly lightly colored area that says "edit your profile". Click on that and then go to the bottom of that page to find the "signature area". Sorry for the confusion. Bill
-
Chuck - And NOW you really are a part of the Family. Welcome for real! About that "signature" thing - just click on your name and then on "edit profile". scroll all the way to the bottom of your profile and there is a section called "signature". Type what you want your signature to be in that box and save it and your done. Bill
-
ahattar - Let me answer that for you - Yes, you can break it! However, most likely, you will have one heck of a good time doing it. Bill
-
Anyone else watch the Tesla Cybertruck launch?
topgun2 replied to SeaDawg's topic in Towing an Oliver
Unfortunately, I very much agree with John on this one. And, now I hear that the "unbreakable windows" are not so unbreakable after all. I know that many times these things simply come down to "taste", but, I'm simply not seeing anything here to taste at all. Perhaps sitting next to a DeLorean? Bill -
You might want to check with Jason in Service to see if Oliver can either speed up the warranty process or make it less painful for you. Probably Oliver has a bit more "pull" with any supplier than you would have on your own. I agree with Overland but since I've never had a problem with my fan, hauling around a spare control board doesn't make a bunch of sense to me. But, I do always carry a small battery powered additional fan anyway.
-
If you really want the "expert" answer, I'd give a call to the Service department - click on the tab at the top of this page. On the other hand - I've used a product called "E-6000" with great results for both interior and exterior problems of this sort. E-6000 can be obtained at Walmart, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Amazon, etc. Make sure that the area is clean, apply E-6000, use painters tape to secure the band while the E-6000 dries. After 12 to 24 hours remove the tape and be on your way. E6000
-
Andrew - Not ALL Ollies were pre-wired. Back in the "dark ages" each Oliver actually was wired as an individual unit and depending on which person did the wiring it just might be wired differently from another with very similar options. Now that things are more standardized both the quality and the ability to add options after the fact are greatly improved. Bill
-
Brian & Maria - There's more of us around WNC than you would think - some above Asheville and two of us about twenty minutes west of the airport. Any time is good for questions or a meet-up. If you are REALLY interested in meeting Sherry & Paul, just throw in an offer to meet for lunch at 12 Bones! Heck - I would probably join the group for that one. At least Interstate 40 through the Gorge will be back open by the time February comes along (assuming no landslides and warm enough weather so they can get the concrete work done on the bridges). You're correct though - that stretch is VERY interesting even in the best of times. Bill
-
Glad you are with us and are soon to be a full fledged part of the Family. I too picked up my Ollie in February. We also live in Western North Carolina and must drive about 6 hours over the mountains in order to get to Hohenwald. The night before our delivery the forecast was for temps to be hovering around freezing and for snow at the higher altitudes. Indeed, that forecast was mostly correct and it was a nervous drive being careful to make sure that the roads were not icing. All was good except that it was a cold rain for a total of three days - the day before delivery, the day of delivery and the day after delivery. All this rain made the campground outside of Hohenwald a sea of mud which, in turn, made my nice new Ollie brown! The good news was that it washed off easily and we spent a nice warm week down in Florida getting to know each other. Your delivery will take place inside where it is warm and dry. And your Oliver will keep you warm and dry. All other things will work out. Bill
-
Yep - as far as I'm concerned Bruce and Cheryl get the credit for this one. I'm not sure just how they came upon these products from Duragloss other than the Duragloss Company is located in North Carolina. I'm also not sure how they came up with the detailer/liquid wax combination, but I do know that it really works on all surfaces (yes, that includes the mirrored surfaces) inside the Oliver. A light spray, wipe with a micro-fiber cloth, flip the cloth over and wipe again and you're done without streaks and/or haze- its so easy.
-
It has just been announced that the new RV oriented TV show - The RVers - will debut on the Discovery channel (DirecTV #278) on November 17th at 8am. Two one time Oliver owners - Technomadia - are one of the three co-hosts for the series. Bill
-
MarkC - Yep I've taken a look at that Ollie with the black. It is spray on truck bed liner - like "linex" or "rhino". Before I saw it I thought that it would basically destroy the look of the camper, but, I was wrong. While it is not something I would do (at least in black) I really didn't think it looked all that bad. Bill
-
Have you re-checked that water pump filter? Assuming that you had your valves in the correct orientation then I'd move each of those valves back to original position and then back to the winterization position (several times). Hopefully this would loosen any particles that might be stuck in those valves. If you do this, re-check that water filter pump again. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. Bill
-
I use plain old foam board - 1/2 inch thick - and have never had a problem. Given the cost comparison it certainly is worth a try. If the foam board does not work for you then you can always go with the high priced spread. 1/2 inch foam board
-
Another way to have all the tools you will ever need while on the road is to always travel with ScubaRX. And, he will have most of the parts you will ever need too! Bill
