-
Posts
7,789 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
467
Everything posted by topgun2
-
preventing water lines / tanks from freezing while in transit
topgun2 replied to taylor.coyote's topic in General Discussion
hobo - There are a number of ways to do this job. Using something like this: RV blow out plug or like this: RV Blow Out Plug can help - note that there are a number of other hoses and plugs that do similar jobs. Make sure that you do not put any more than 60 psi into those lines. Simply screw the plug device into the appropriate port, control the psi of the air from your compressor, attach the compressor to the plug device and blow the water out of that line. Make sure that you do all of the lines that you are concerned about - winterization port, black tank rinse port, city water inlet, fresh water tank inlet. Also, make sure that you get the water out of the outdoor shower - both hot and cold water. Remember that this does not take the place of a full winterization. Bill -
Which portable black water cart do you have
topgun2 replied to Trainman's topic in General Discussion
For my "smaller" tank that I described above I got one of these: Waste tank level indicator As long as I watch the indicator I don't worry about overfilling the tank. Bill -
The one that Oliver sells as an option is great - you simply never have to worry about it working or getting stolen. In the case of surge protectors - the more you spend almost certainly means the more protection and functions/features you get.
-
Mirna - If you "hover" your mouse over the "heart" another window will slide out giving you four options. One of those options is a "trophy cup". By clicking on this trophy cup a "thank you" will be posted. Bill
-
Chuck - No, I really did mean a 25 watt solar panel. A 2.5 watt panel would not be strong enough to keep 4 batteries fully charged - particularly during the winter months with the shortage of sun. I don't remember how low temps can get before a fully charged battery can have problems - google it. However, I do know that it is fairly low. Bill
-
Which portable black water cart do you have
topgun2 replied to Trainman's topic in General Discussion
Trainman - A number of years ago I purchased a fairly large one of these puppies and found that while it held a bunch of "stuff", it was difficult to handle - (read that - it was heavier than sh**). So, I sold it and got a smaller one. I don't remember the exact size, but, it is small enough that in the event that there is no dump in the area, I can simply wheel it into a regular toilet or pit toilet, lift it onto the commode and dump it there. Yes, I might have to make more than one trip but the smaller size is much more flexible with regards to where I can get it emptied. Bill -
Mav - Sorry to hear that you don't like our new sand box given both the work that has gone into its development and the obvious improvements that Mike points out. Is there something other than the "format" that you don't like? Jason is still implementing improvements and fine tuning a number of things. So, if there is something that we can help you with, please let us know. Bill
-
Denise - I'd go as far o say that it would be a mistake to not attend the Owner's Rally. And, we'd love to have you join us. Besides getting a good look you will also get to see what owners have done to this great camper. From modifications to decorations you will see all kinds of things. These things will help you get your own creative juices flowing and help you with the design of your very own Ollie. Virtually all owners are more than willing to show you their camper - just ask and bring your camera. Hope to see you there! Bill
-
Ya might think twice about removing those batteries. Given the location - right over the axles - they are fairly easy to get to. However, they are about 4 to 4.5 feet off the ground. Unless you are a fairly strong guy and/or are fairly tall - something over 6'2" then I'd say that you are going to have your hands full lifting each of those 90 pound batteries off the sliding tray. I did it once and then figured out quickly that there simply must be another way. In my case I leave them in place and hook a 25 watt solar charger to them. Welcome to the Family! Enjoy the heck out of that beautiful camper! Bill
-
4 Olivers at the Casita Bluebonnet Rally last week
topgun2 replied to Trainman's topic in General Discussion
Thanks for representing the "Family". Bill -
Mac - Enjoy your Ollie pick-up. Ask questions, take notes, take pics but most of all - have fun. The excitement is just beginning! Bill
-
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
topgun2 replied to SeaDawg's topic in General Discussion
Looks like it going to be a very nice "peanut shell". -
Vector - Jason has already increased file size limits as per his post above. If that doesn't cure the issue, I'm sure that other steps will be taken. Thanks for the suggestion! Bill
-
RE question #1 - What Sherry said - or - if you are using a computer versus a tablet or phone - simply click on the "Home" tab at the top of the page in order to get to the Oliver website. Re question #2 - From this "Home" tab which takes you to the Oliver website you can then hit "contact" and a drop down menu will show "Service". Re question #3 - I don't know (yet) - so, I'll have to leave this one to another Moderator or Jason. Bill
-
Thanks to months of hard work by Jason Walmsley we are now allowed to play in a brand new sandbox. Over the past weeks the Moderators have had the ability to poke around, throw some sand and generally play as we tested and tried to make things break. As we get familiar with these new surroundings, we trust that everyone will find the new Forum easier, more stable and yet more flexible while still allowing for the great discussions, stories and information that we have always had. If anyone has problems with the Forum, be sure to let any of the Moderators or Jason Walmsley know so that we can seek a solution right away. Enjoy!
-
preventing water lines / tanks from freezing while in transit
topgun2 replied to taylor.coyote's topic in General Discussion
Perhaps this is not what you want to hear, but, given the your constraints of not using propane - I simply leave my Ollie winterized during such travel. I do carry a couple of gallons of water in milk jugs in the bath for flushing the toilet. And, I carry other water in my truck for drinking, bathing and food prep. Once I get to warmer climates, I flush the lines and proceed normally. Since winterizing the Ollie is so easy, I then re-winterize once I get back to the chilly north. Bill -
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
topgun2 replied to SeaDawg's topic in General Discussion
Wow! They sure are proud of those little hand held vacs. I think that I'll stick to shaking out carpets and sweeping with an old broom. Bill -
Choied - When it came time to replace the one I found "bad", I happened to have one that was the correct size in my spare parts bin. So, I really don't know what the size is - sorry. Unless someone chimes in here shortly with the correct size I would simply call service tomorrow morning and ask. Or, take the old one down to your local NAPA type store and have them check the size. Bill
-
I assume that the bandit paid his overnight room bill before he headed into the corn fields? Have the pups stopped barking yet? And just who said that labradoodles were not that bright? Great story! And, that really does look like a good camp. Bill
-
Ronb - Welcome to the Family! I agree with both John and Overland - both changes should not be a "problem" at all. And, you are correct - they will build you a great camper. When do you pick up the new baby? Bill
-
And, Overland's explanation also shows why there are now Hull # plaques in the new Olivers. If you have not received a # plaque for your "older" Oliver then contact Matt Duncan and he will get it to you. Bill
-
Mine has never been what you might call solid - like the rest of the flooring. But, it does not rattle, squeak or even whisper to me. The caulking is still just like the day I bought it. Bill
-
Looks like it did an "Artie Johnson" on the passenger side and the weight of the a/c is what caused that to shift on the roof. Doesn't appear to me that it actually flipped, but, that is possible. Give the guys in the shop a week and it would look just like new. Please, somebody take care of this poor thing! Bill
-
"Say Good night, Gracie". Really liked them both even though I was/am a bit too young for that time. Bill
