Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Don't see why not - Mike's original idea was to use something that would simply wick the water out of the window area. Pipe cleaners, paracord, plant watering cord, whatever..... Bill
  2. I know that Jason Walmsley was working on some upgrades, cleaning code, and generally trying to make the Forum faster this morning. This work caused some Forum functions to temporally be suspended. It is likely that at this time all functions should be back to normal. Bill
  3. Hobo - Very nice indeed. I wish that our home owners association would allow something like this. Bill
  4. While I have the Elite II, my experience is that the fresh water tank does drain slowly. When I want to empty it I usually open that drain just as soon as I'm ready to pull out of camp. That way the tank is empty by the time I get to my first gas stop. Note that normally I only do this when I'm headed home. Hope this helps. Bill
  5. "DoD" - Dead on departure or Department of Defense?
  6. UP or UP of Michigan or Upper Michigan refers to the upper (or most northern of the two) peninsulas in Michigan. Bill
  7. I've used one a few times. But, instead of getting one that I would take to a dump site, I got one that was just big enough that I could actually lift it while "full". The reason I did this is so that I could take it into virtually any toilet and dump it versus having to take it to a dumpsite. Since it is smaller than the black tank in the Oliver I also purchased a "gauge" that goes in the top of the portable tank that tells me when it is getting full. By using the tank in this manner I can stay in either a Forest Service or boondocking site almost indefinitely. Bill
  8. Nice - where were these pictures taken?
  9. I too never considered myself a "Ford person" and had never owned one. After owning a Tacoma for several years and being time to move up to a 1/2 ton pickup, I first visited the local Toyota dealer to look at the Tundra. While I liked the looks of the exterior, the interior, the electronics and the performance specifications were underwhelming versus what I knew about the other brands. So, I went looking. Realizing that that the real world differences between all the 1/2 ton's are actually very small, I simply decided to narrow my search down to just a couple of brands, take test drives (each of the local dealers let me take one home for 24 hours) and then buy the one that I liked driving the most. As it turned out that vehicle was the F-150. Bottom line - and its been said a number of times before - use specifications to narrow the field to suit what your intentions are for 90% of your use. Then test drive. Then buy the vehicle that you like the driving the best. Bill
  10. On the rare occasion that I've had this issue I've used a grey tank deodorant that has taken care of the issue. https://www.amazon.com/Grey-Water-Odor-Control-Treatment/dp/B0006H92QU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=grey+tank+deodorant&qid=1559393244&s=gateway&sr=8-1 Bill
  11. You da man! I've cleaned and spray painted mine each year before I put Twist into storage for the winter. However, it appears that your idea will save me that time and effort - THANKS! Bill
  12. Teal - Today (May 28) I split the discussion about the porch lights to be under the topic heading of "Amber Porch Lights" so that it might be a bit easier to find in the future. Hope this helps you. The "new" post can be found here: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/amber-porch-lights/#post-172292
  13. Teal - Look under the topic - 2019 Rally on the second page of this Forum or look several posts above the following: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/2019-rally/page/6/#post-172292 Bill
  14. I've had them come loose but not fall off as yours did. After tightening those three or four times I re-assembled them with a couple of drops of Locktite (blue) on each bolt. They have not come loose since. Bill p.s. be careful to not overtighten and see if you can find that washer. The plastic can crack if you overtighten.
  15. Those girls scrambled so fast that my shutter speed just could not keep up.
  16. Thanks for the pictures! Did you know that it is illegal to skinny dip in Skinny Dip Falls - it is on National Forest Property where nudity is prohibited. Having said that - I was fishing the Yellow Prong creek a few years ago (this is the creek that Skinny Dip Falls is on) and just below the falls I came upon a couple of co-eds that were catching some sun - apparently illegally too! Bill
  17. I'm a bit surprised that a weight distribution hitch is not required by Audi right from the start. However, yes, it is one way to lift the rear of the Audi and you would get the additional benefit of reduced "porpoising" on those nasty Interstate bridge crossings. Bill
  18. Yep - unfortunately this is not the first board on that fan that I've heard of biting the dust. I'd be willing to bet that you are out of warranty too. But, I'd give the company a call to see if they would be willing to help you. Bill
  19. Perhaps it is that red wire from the inverter that is not working? Seriously - it sounds like you have done what I would have done (and maybe more). Do you have the ability to check continuity of both the positive and negative wires between the fuse panel and where they attach to the control board? Bill
  20. John - I like the results of spray painting better than when using a brush. Can you take that door off and spray it outside?
  21. When trying to turn on the inverter via the remote switch (its the one mounted on the wall) I assume that you are holding down that button for about three seconds? If the answer to that question is yes, then, find your inverter - on newer models it is located under the street side bed (rearward of the pantry on the street side) and on the older models it is under the dinette seat closest to the pantry. There is a "start" button on the inverter. Press that button - if the inverter doesn't start with either one of those suggestions then you probably have a loose wire. Bill p.s. you could also try to disconnect the telephone type plug that is in the rear of the remote switch and then simply plug it right back in. Then try the remote switch again as per the above.
  22. Yep - I believe that those lights were changed with the 2016 models and as far as I can tell you can not get amber lenses for the new ones. Bill
  23. Since you have the 2200 and the easystart I would not worry about it. However, If this really does concern you and/or you have noticed that your batteries have a fairly low state of charge (say below 80% or so), the easiest way to make sure things are really turned off is to switch off the circuit breakers and/or pull fuses under the dinette. Bill
  24. The shut off valve you are looking for should be under the dinette seat fairly close to where that line enters the black tank. I'm not sure when the factory started adding that valve, but, I know that my Ollie (hull #117) does not have one. Given that there is a "check" valve on that line and all other signs seem to indicate that the flush worked properly - I would not worry about it. Next time you are at the factory you might want to ask about it or if it really bothers you, go ahead and cut it in yourself. Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information