-
Posts
449 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Everything posted by Wandering Sagebrush
-
Refueling Station Gone Bad....
Wandering Sagebrush replied to MAX Burner's topic in General Discussion
Eeeek! I think Fivers must have some kind of a death wish. We saw something similar with a guy at Joshua Trees NP trying to squeeze a much too big rig, complete with a Harley on a back end lift into a clearly too small site. The camp sites were bordered by boulders, and he tore the living $#!! out of fiver and truck. After screaming at the host for a few minutes, about how everything was her fault, a ranger stopped by and invited him to leave the park. -
Over time, I’ve followed a few topics, and yesterday I realized I didn’t know how to find my list of the topics I’m following. A PM to @topgun2 (thank you, Bill) got me started in the right direction. For all of us with inquiring minds 🤓, if you didn’t already know, here’s the secret. Go to: Activity -> My Activity Streams -> Content I Follow
- 1 reply
-
- 5
-
-
Breath things are afoot, retirement and delivery of your Olliver! Congratulations on both!
-
intermittent running light/tail light failure
Wandering Sagebrush replied to JRK's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Strapworks.com in Eugene, Oregon is a great source for straps, footman loops, and all things related. I’ve used them a number of times. -
I drug our Ollie out of the RV barn for some much needed cleaning, and noticed that the Furrion shore power connection was pulled away from the doghouse, and had one missing screw, with another about to fall out. The gel coat around the upper two screw holes had several cracks. As we have never used that connection, I can only assume something happened before we purchased. I was disappointed ☹️ to discover that wood screws were used in the thin fiberglass of the lower doghouse, without any backing. I will replace all four screws with similar size stainless machine screws, washers, and nylock nuts. I’m pretty sure I have some in my boat fastener bin. It might be worthwhile to take a quick look at your connector if you have that option.
-
I have those spouts, too. I don’t really like them, but they do work. My McGyver effort will be on Rotopax spouts.
-
I saw this on YouTube, and while I don’t officially recommend it, the spout fix looks “interesting”. Let your conscience be your guide. 🤫
-
-
The Boss of Me is going to be upset because that ladder is going to impact the toy budget. Wow, I want/need that beast!
-
Okay, one exception to the missing part… Having burned the daylights out of it, I was reminded of my total fail with Jiffy Pop. I do miss being able to toss a bag of Orville Redenbacher into the microwave and have unburned popcorn. However, I did learn the secret to Jiffy Pop is to hold the pan about 2” above the flame.
-
Model Year Changes - 2020 to 2023/2024
Wandering Sagebrush replied to Ralph Mawyer's topic in Ollie Modifications
John, I haven’t got to it yet, but hope I don’t have troubles with any of them. -
If you have one of the newer Ford SuperDuty tow vehicles and want an aftermarket camera system as a replacement when you remove your tailgate, be certain you know what camera is in your tailgate prior to ordering. There are several plug and play cameras that purportedly work, but if you have the 360° camera that connects by a coax, you must get a similar camera. Additionally, be aware that the entire camera system seems to not work without the tailgate connected. That is after installing the Ford supplied tailgate removed plugs. There may be something I’m missing, but similar results have been posted on a Ford Forum.
-
- 1
-
-
Model Year Changes - 2020 to 2023/2024
Wandering Sagebrush replied to Ralph Mawyer's topic in Ollie Modifications
@Geronimo John thanks for the reminder, I need to put my zerk caps on. -
Hi Craig and MaryLou, welcome to the group. Congratulations on getting your new to you Ollie. We did the same, and couldn’t be happier.
-
Messed up draining tanks
Wandering Sagebrush replied to Lori L's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
You’re not the only person who has made that or a similar mistake. Dont beat yourself up. Bill’s advice is spot on. -
Nomad water filter and pump for boon-docking
Wandering Sagebrush replied to rideadeuce's topic in Ollie Modifications
Interesting (and expensive), what are you using for the 12VDC connection? edit: oops, disregard. I see it going to the SAE connector. -
Emptying the Holding Tanks in an Oliver
Wandering Sagebrush replied to jd1923's topic in General Discussion
I see what you did there… and approve.🤐 -
Emptying the Holding Tanks in an Oliver
Wandering Sagebrush replied to jd1923's topic in General Discussion
There may be two dump stations in Burns, Oregon. The Chevron (IIRC) and the Shell (or is it a Texaco?) across from McDonalds. -
Outdoor Shower faucet is cracked
Wandering Sagebrush replied to Wayfinder's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
My perspective is a little different, as I live 10 miles from our farm supply store, and about 14 miles from our only hardware store. I try to shop local if I know I’m going to find it, so I wait until the shopping list builds up a bit before heading in. A trip to town is roughly $5.00 round trip (more if I take the F350) so that makes any little charges much less onerous. An example is my recent need for a couple of acid brushes. There weren’t any in town that we could find, and if there had been, I suspect the price might have been maybe 79¢ each. Yesterday , I ordered a pack of 36 from Amazon for roughly $7.00. They arrived today. -
Outdoor Shower faucet is cracked
Wandering Sagebrush replied to Wayfinder's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Out here, Amazon and UPS are my best friends and dance partners. -
Hmmmm, I’ve never turned our booster on. Here at the house with Verizon, we get a blazing 2 bars (on a good day). I do believe it’s time to see what it does.
