Red Line CV-2 Grease

I need to order another tub of this grease for my gun grease to grease the Oliver Dexter Easy Flex suspension.

I went onto the Red Line web site and the price was a little over $16 (which was ok) but the shipping cost was over $18.

Also, on the Red Line web site, they provided retail stores in my area that sells it. One was OReilly Auto. O'Reilly looked it up as a special order (to them) and then said it was not available.

1) Any suggestions on where to purchase would be appreciated?

2) Do others have a recommendation for a good grease to use?

Edited by dewdev

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

I’ve used Mystik JT-6 since the trailer was new. I use it to pack the wheel bearings also. It’s what they were using at the factory when we picked up hull 313 in March 2018. I think you can get it at TSC. Use a good grease and use it often. 

IMG_5089.thumb.jpeg.280f81c9a22b131bb1f8ee671f3eb702.jpeg

• Like 3

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313 Original owners 3/14/2018

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

I bought a ten-pack of this 3 years ago and on my 5th tub. Was $7 a tub then, $8 now: https://a.co/d/1t6lys3

I go with brand names at times, but not at 4x cost! This company has good reviews and it’s as good or better than any grease I’ve used, in 45 years of doing brake jobs, where I always pack bearings. Use this in all our vehicles and Oliver bearings and stabilizer jacks.

Even better deal if you can get a friend or neighbor to split a case with you!

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

2 hours ago, dewdev said:

Any suggestions on where to purchase would be appreciated?

I got this six-pack earlier this summer from Amazon. Not cheap, but worth it!

https://a.co/d/i8OSeF1

Testing by Project Farm:

https://youtu.be/ZEiSdZGInm8

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

I use Red Line CV-2 grease in a jar for wheel bearings and Lucas Red ‘N’ Tacky grease for the suspension. Amazon purchases, free delivery.

Note: A jar of the CV-2 will grease bearings on two axles and then some. 

IMG_7123.thumb.png.43657ed9ef571e8930dffc2c34c04da6.png

IMG_7122.thumb.png.215108ddb63f4724e9edcf3fe7ad82b9.png

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

14 hours ago, Townesw said:

I’ve used Mystik JT-6 since the trailer was new. I use it to pack the wheel bearings also. It’s what they were using at the factory when we picked up hull 313 in March 2018.

Like several others, I use CV2 for bearings and Mystic.

kfor the suspension.

GJ

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

I realize I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't find that the Redline CV2 lasted any longer than the Mystic or Lucas.  I just repacked my bearings last week and the grease looked a bit lacking after only 9000 miles.   Much like DewDev, I couldn't find the CV2 readily available locally and it's become a bit expensive online.  This go around, I'm trying the Valvoline Extreme on the bearings and zerks. 

Screenshot 2024-08-09 212605.png

• Like 4

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

2 hours ago, csevel said:

I realize I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't find that the Redline CV2 lasted any longer than the Mystic or Lucas.

I’m in your minority! ANY NLGI No. 2 grease, all rated 450F+ is as good as the others. I like mine for $7 a tube, worked well on 5 brake jobs so far. Otherwise it’s just brand preference. More important than brand is the quality of service, packing bearings tight with no air pockets. Spend the extra money on this tool: https://a.co/d/8ou3Qai

10 hours ago, csevel said:

This go around, I'm trying the Valvoline Extreme on the bearings and zerks. 

Good choice!

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

8 hours ago, jd1923 said:

More important than brand is the quality of service, packing bearings tight with no air pockets. 

Here’s another Lisle product that I am using now to pack bearings. You fill it with your grease gun through the zerk on the stem. A lot less waste than packing in your hand using grease out of a tub. 

https://www.lislecorp.com/specialty-tools/handy-packer-bearing-packer

Edited by Townesw
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313 Original owners 3/14/2018

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

8 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I’m in your minority! ANY NLGI No. 2 grease, all rated 450F+ is as good as the others. I like mine for $7 a tube, worked well on 5 brake jobs so far. Otherwise it’s just brand preference. More important than brand is the quality of service, packing bearings tight with no air pockets. Spend the extra money on this tool: https://a.co/d/8ou3Qai

Two rolls of paper towels and seventeen pair of gloves, but it's done.  This helped me a ton:

Screenshot 2024-08-10 090003.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

3 hours ago, Townesw said:

Here’s another Lisle product that I am using now to pack bearings. You fill it with your grease gun through the zerk on the stem. A lot less waste than packing in your hand using grease out of a tub. 

Yes, for sure! I like the simple tool better because the two discs are easy to wipe clean. Less money too. I've had mine for 40 years now. One disc is cracked and it still works. I should likely get a new one: 65250 Universal Bearing Packer | Lisle Corporation

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 12:33 AM, jd1923 said:

Likewise.  It's not like these bearings or the spindles are highly loaded and require the best grease available.  That being said, I use Amsoil synthetic grease for almost all of my components - but I'm a dealer and it's easy to obtain.

• Like 3

2020 Elite II Hull #628, Houghton Heat Pump, Victron MP2, SmartSolar, Orion, Cerbo, Lynx install in progress...

TV - 2011 Toyota Tundra Crew Max Platinum 4WD, Magnuson Supercharger, OME suspension