What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

Reviving this thread, mostly because I just learned how to transfer iTunes playlists to Youtube, and I'm curious how those then show up here, as opposed to individual videos.  But also because it's a good thread that didn't deserve to die.

I consume a lot of music - meaning I add a few thousand songs to my library every year.  About half of that is typically new to the world, while the other half is new only to me.  So, playlists are good since I could post individual videos here for days.  And days.  And judging from the posts above, very few of you would like them, lol.   Just kidding, but I do listen to a lot of new music rather than older stuff, which isn't always appealing to people outside their 20's.  And I've also never cared much for popular stuff - after claiming my sister's Bowie albums for myself, the first one I bought on my own was Devo's New Traditionalists, and you can intuit the course that my musical taste took from there - punk, new wave, post punk, trip hop, EDM, IDM, etc...  But one thing about maintaining a love for new music is that your tastes inevitably expand over time - so these days you'll find ample jazz, singer songwriter, hip hop, classical, world music, etc. in my library as well.  About the only things you won't find is much in the way of pop, rock, or country music.  

So with that, here's a playlist, if it shows up correctly, of songs released this past year that warranted a full 5-stars in my library.  It's about 100 songs, everything from Bossa nova to experimental, so hopefully there will be something in there for everyone.  Edit - evidently a playlist shows up like it's a single video, but if you click on the button on the top right, you get a list of all the videos - pick something at random and enjoy.  You can also press shift-N and cycle through them.  

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

Fun...brings back fond memories of watching Charlie Brown specials as a kid....Vince Guaraldi was an amazing pianist and to hear one of his classics played on guitar is pretty neat IMHO.

• Like 2

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

Dickey Betts really does a fine job in this acoustic version.

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

While growing up with our kids we enjoyed attending concerts, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Rod Steward, Edgar Winter,  and Fleetwod Mac. Even attended a Steam concert, hearing them play Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. Still like these group's music. Also like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Chet Atkins.

Lately enjoy listening to classical Italian like "Parla Piu Piano" and also songs like the Wilson's Sister's "Stairway to Heaven".

• Like 4
  • Love 1

LE2

3 hours ago, Overland said:

Do you like Ludovico Einaudi?

I was not familiar with him until now, just checked him out on Youtube, his music is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention David Gilmour:

Edited by rideandfly
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

LE2

10 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

I was not familiar with him until now, just checked him out on Youtube, his music is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True, he's a favorite.  Two years ago he put out a series of albums called Seven Days Walking, which is literally 7 albums with various versions of a handful of songs.  Like it says on the box, it's great music for when hiking alone.  Very melancholy though.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

I have a little of everything: the latest:

Metamodern Sounds in Country Music -

c73017dc-66de-4a30-8c54-2b8a8d1d7af2_1.f1cb8fd429bf27a969d83cf88bea1957.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff

and

51c0N0CyVcL.jpg

And 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Fb%2Fbe%2FJoeBonamassaRAH.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

and

Stream Tyler Childers' New Album, 'Purgatory' : NPR

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201