What are you listening to? Video Thread

JWalmsley

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I'm liking the variety here, some of which takes me back in time, Saxuality , Candy Dufler made me think, it was 1990, what a time for me then, and Joe Bonamassa, saw him at the Ryman, he was incredible. Here to of my many favorites.

the best lyrics ever...

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Lastly to remember my brother from another mother, long departed, he loved this album and this tune.

We like to open the windows, or sit under the awning. While doing that we like to listen to the crickets, or the birds, or the babbling of a lazy brook, or even the waves washing up on a beach. We like to leave electronic noise and devices behind. We never understood how people think it is ok for their noise to invade our campsite. Thought by most campers as rude, and the number one complaint to campground management. Just a thought!

To be clear, I love music, of many genre's, and I also equally enjoy the solitude of just being out "there". I usually get my fix through ear buds, or something similar, and usually when I am exercising. I don't consider sharing a tidbit of my musical tastes as condoning any type of noise pollution. I often find the constant cacophony of noise in the common campsite/rv park overwhelming and a nuisance. Big rigs, kids, generators, the constant back and forth of vehicles are all distracting. And that my friends is why "we" have invested in an Oliver - it gives us what we want in comfort, with an ability to go where the noise makers usually don't. However, to be honest, I do enjoy, at times, some of my selections at very high levels, blasting forth from my barn/garage. Yea, I love old vintage equipment, big amps, great sound! Now, I am out there, in my own little rural world, wildlife haven't complained yet (more distracted by the dog!), and the neighbors are to distant. To each his own - silence can be enjoyable - the following is cool.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• Moderators

Here in the mountains of Western North Carolina, this has been the wettest MONTH on record with some areas receiving as much as 30 inches of rain is just the past two weeks. Flooding, mud slides, people killed due to falling trees, etc., etc. The good news is that a break is finally forecast for this coming weekend.

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Nothing like, late at night, in the Ollie with the mirrored cabinet doors, turning off all the lights, with the exception of the inside courtesy and cabinet cabinet lights, with Miles and Coltrane . . .

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

George Strait is about the most consistent country star ever. He’s a “neighbor”, lives just a few miles from us. He’s pretty active locally and we’ve seen him around town. But, to see him in concert we had to go to Las Vegas last January and it was worth the trip (actually we drove up from Quartzsite and camped in Vegas). We also saw George Strait in concert in 1986 in the Killeen, TX high school auditorium. “Amarillo by Morning” was on the charts then. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

While this might not pertain to all of us, it is perhaps good advice for most of us.

Don't Let The Old Man In

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Luke Combs

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uXyxFMbqKYA?feature=oembed" name="fitvid1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I loved this tune from the get go. My wife and I laughed out loud this morning watching the video. Thanks for the posting - great start to the day - I'm heading to I 65 - need a little fuel and some beer...

While this might not pertain to all of us, it is perhaps good advice for most of us.

Don’t Let The Old Man In

Amen Bill! Great song. Love this line:  "Ask yourself how old would you be if you didn't know the day you were born."

• Like 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• 2 months later...
I just could not resist given the current thread on “Rockin Ollie”

TG, this brought back a wonderful memory. When our youngest son (who had a speech impediment) was in the first grade, he performed "Wockin Wobin" during the school's talent competition. He didn't win. :)

• Thanks 2
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL