WESTERN OLIVER RALLY

hardrock

There has been considerable chatter and interest regarding having an Oliver Rally in the Western US.  This rally would not be designed to replace the Annual Oliver Travel Trailer Owners' Rally held annually at Lake Guntersville State Park.  Rather, this rally would recognize that it will be difficult for everyone to travel across the US. Hey, some people have to work, not everyone is retired !

For a rally to be successful, someone must champion the event, preferably someone living in the area .  It takes a lot of planning, organizing and work.  It does NOT need to be at the same level as the current Annual Rally.  The first Oliver Rally had 44 people in attendance.  I have spoken with Oliver and they have agreed to sponsor a rally held in the western US.  I will support this effort but to be successful, we need a person in the area that can do much of the organizing.  Also, I believe there are a number of persons that attend the rally in Guntersville that would attend a rally held in the western US.  We are a camping group that always need an excuse to travel and camp.  If anyone is attending the rally in May and would like to discuss a western rally, I would be happy to discuss this with you, especially if you can help to organize the event.

If you individually or as a group would like to take on this task, please contact me.  We will happily share our experience and support for this endeavor.

Coy E. Gayle Chair 2017, 2018, 2019 Oliver Travel Trailer Owners' Rally

aka Hardrock

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+

We need hardly any excuse at all to travel and would probably attend.  I would suggest that since the Eastern Rally is in the Spring/Early Summer (May in Alabama) the Western Rally be held in the Fall.  That would give everyone that would like to attend both the optimum opportunity.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

But not too early in the fall. Many of the western states are shrouded in wildfire smoke from July through September. It is sad but it seems to be the new normal.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I agree with John. Fall has always been my favorite time to travel to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, etc., but with the wildfires we've been plagued with, my habits have changed. The best time to travel to the Rocky Mountains is in May and June, but that won't work if we want to plan a western rally at a different time than the current Oliver Owners' Rally. What about the Southwestern United States? Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Utah, or even Death Valley in California. When I was at Big Bend National Park in late-February and early-March this year, I picked up a new Official Guide to Texas State Parks published by the University of Texas Press. There are a lot of them! Choosing a place where the weather would be mild and with some early Spring foliage would be great.

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• Moderators

If anyone way out West is really interested in organizing a Western Rally I'd suggest besides contacting Hardrock a private message (PM) here on the Forum to Foy and Mirna.  Last year they organized an Oliver Mini-rally in northern Florida.  Even though they went well above and beyond organizing a dinner and lunch and then had to change a couple of things due to a pending hurricane, I'm guessing that the actual work involved was fair minimal - get a campground, set dates and let it be known to the world.  I believe that the old saying - "build it and they will come" - certainly applies here.  Yes, a central location would be nice, but, the West is a big place and you will not be able to satisfy all of the people all of the time.  To coin another phrase - "Just Do It".

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+
But not too early in the fall. Many of the western states are shrouded in wildfire smoke from July through September. It is sad but it seems to be the new normal.

John Davies

Spokane WA

I don't considerate it fall until mid October.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

A western rally in the spring would be difficult for Oliver to support since the main rally is in May.  A fall rally (sep/oct) in the Southwest (NM, AZ, southern CA) would be a better option.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If anyone way out West is really interested in organizing a Western Rally I’d suggest besides contacting Hardrock a private message (PM) here on the Forum to Foy and Mirna. Last year they organized an Oliver Mini-rally in northern Florida. Even though they went well above and beyond organizing a dinner and lunch and then had to change a couple of things due to a pending hurricane, I’m guessing that the actual work involved was fair minimal – get a campground, set dates and let it be known to the world. I believe that the old saying – “build it and they will come” – certainly applies here. Yes, a central location would be nice, but, the West is a big place and you will not be able to satisfy all of the people all of the time. To coin another phrase – “Just Do It”.

Bill

Thanks Bill.  We did have a great time with our micro rally last year and look forward to do it again. We just need to get the May Rally food service done and we will be planning one again.  As far as helping anyone who would like to do this in the west or for that matter anywhere, Mirna & I are happy to help you plan one.  It all about a plan and working the details.  We know the details and are happy to share them.  Feel free to PM us.

• Thanks 3

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• 1 month later...