Our New Forum

topgun2

• Moderators

Stay warm, and enjoy playing in the new sandbox. Hope the winds aren't too strong. 

Minnesota transplant, I  kind of miss the first snows.☃️ But, in tropical southern Minnesota,  they're usually fluffy, pretty, and melt in a day. Just a pretty omen of what's to come, and a reminder to finish any undone outdoor fall work.

Sherry 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

This new forum is no improvement, I don't like the format.

Speed - no comparison.  Error messages - no comparison.  PM/PM notification - no comparison.  All are significant improvements.  I’m sure we’ll find other improvements as well.  Format?  Personal preference.  Administrators are still working through implementation. 

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Mav -

Sorry to hear that you don't like our new sand box given both the work that has gone into its development and the obvious improvements that Mike points out.  Is there something other than the "format" that you don't like?  Jason is still implementing improvements and fine tuning a number of things.  So, if there is something that we can help you with, please let us know.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Change is always difficult, and I think that most people will probably have something about the old forum that they preferred.  But as nice as the old forum looked, the fact is that it just didn't work well.  

So give this one some time to grow on you, and I'd also try playing around with some of the customization options.  The activity feeds, in particular are a nice feature - for example, I have a custom one set up that works just like the old forum's 'recent' view, which I prefer.  I also set my browser to display the forum with a slightly smaller font than the default, which makes it easier for me to read on a large monitor.  

And I'm sure that Jason will probably tweak a few things here and there as the forum matures, just to get it looking as nice as the older one.

Edited by Overland

Greetings,

I am learning how to use this new forum.  Where is the thank you box? The little heart icon doe not have the same meaning as a clear "thank you."  Could this be re-instituted? I appreciate thanking others for their posting and feedback. 

Thank you,

Mirna and PK

Edited by Mirna

R2W

• Moderators

Mirna -

If you "hover" your mouse over the "heart" another window will slide out giving you four options.  One of those options is a "trophy cup".  By clicking on this trophy cup a "thank you" will be posted.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

18 hours ago, Maverick said:

This new forum is no improvement, I don't like the format.

The search tools are soooo much better! I just posted in another thread about greasing zerks, and using the search tools I quickly found the earlier thread where the Lock N Lube fitting had been recommended. This would not have been easy on the old forum!

The format is different, but I am getting used to it. 

• Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net