Campground Closures by STATE website

John E Davies

Here is a continually updated STATE by STATE guide of closures and restrictions, courtesy of Campendium (a great app)...

"Some parks and campgrounds are closing or changing their procedures for camping due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. If you would like to add info or a place to this list, please submit closures here: Campendium Form. During this time, campground policies are changing quickly. It is wise to call ahead before traveling to your destination."

Campground Closures and Responses by State

There is a long Corona Virus (Covid-19) discussion in the GENERAL FORUM .... please post general info and chat there. ... https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4016-sars-cov-2covid-19-and-travel/

Thanks,

John E Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 6

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

FYI - Seems its inevitable  - all  public camping will be curtailed.

"Tennessee State Parks will transition to day-use schedules for all 56 state parks, opening daily from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. The new schedule goes into effect on March 26 and will be in place until at least April 10.

During this period, all public gathering spaces such as visitor centers, shelters and playgrounds at state parks will be closed. Additionally, parks cabins, lodges and campgrounds close. Future reservations with arrival dates between now and April 9 will be canceled. The parks will waive cancellation fees during this time."

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

The closure of the state and national parks really does sadden me.  I truly believe for those who are healthy, being out in the fresh air and sunshine away from cities is so much better to avoid being exposed.  Perhaps if those folks who made these decisions were campers or RVers they would understand.  Perhaps not.  JMHO

It is not much help - but I have offered rv space on my property to a few traveling Oliver owners.  (just hit me up - we are in Mid TN.) Water and sewer, and with a little Macgyver-ing, 120  service.  Any port in a storm - six foot rule - not with standing. 

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 8

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

It is not much help - but I have offered rv space on my property to a few traveling Oliver owners.  (just hit me up - we are in Mid TN.) Water and sewer, and with a little Macgyver-ing, 120  service.  Any port in a storm - six foot rule - not with standing. 

That's really nice of you. Thank you.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 years later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, BackofBeyond said:

It is not much help - but I have offered rv space on my property to a few traveling Oliver owners. 

@BackofBeyond:  We have done so as well, Russell.  We've got an easy drive-through, flat parking adjacent to the "shop", 30Amps, filtered/soft well water, and dump - and a hearty welcome any OTT travelers in our vicinity.  

Cheers!

A & D

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX