Jump to content

I think my dog is sad, and wants to go camping


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

So do I. 

Normally, we'd be somewhere in Canada by now. Livvy loves camping, as do we. Canada doesn't want us, at least until the 22nd of this month.

Yes, it was a beautiful day here in Florida,  but it was 88. Getting too hot for me. I miss camping in the Yukon spring.

Sherry

20200602_163010.jpg

  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

She's moping, under the dining room table. 

That’s about how I’m feeling.  We should be out on the road!  

We did just get back from a couple of weeks in Colorado, Durango and Pagosa Springs.  It was more of a family support trip to help our son during a family crisis.  We planned on taking our time coming home by camping New Mexico.  Unfortunately, state parks in NM are still closed as are most other public campgrounds.  We decided against pricey commercial parks and just came home.  Now I’m moping under the dining room table.  Mike

  • Like 3

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Cummins Diesel

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

This is Livvy, in her element. Shes tiny, bit had been camping since 10 weeks old. 

 

20200501_162504.jpg

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

That’s about how I’m feeling.  We should be out on the road!  

We did just get back from a couple of weeks in Colorado, Durango and Pagosa Springs.  It was more of a family support trip to help our son during a family crisis.  We planned on taking our time coming home by camping New Mexico.  Unfortunately, state parks in NM are still closed as are most other public campgrounds.  We decided against pricey commercial parks and just came home.  Now I’m moping under the dining room table.  Mike

I know the feeling. I'm ready to join Livvy, under the table. ☹

Your trip, as family support, was certainly important.  Glad you could do it.

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I was wondering why I had a craving for "milk bones" 😃!

Seriously - I'm trying to get all my around the house chores done prior to a planned departure for Wyoming just after July 4th.  Hopefully NFS campgrounds will be back open by then or I'll have to cancel and be stuck with chasing North Carolina trout all summer- could be a lot worse I guess.

Bill

  • Like 2

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I was wondering why I had a craving for "milk bones" 😃!

Seriously - I'm trying to get all my around the house chores done prior to a planned departure for Wyoming just after July 4th.  Hopefully NFS campgrounds will be back open by then or I'll have to cancel and be stuck with chasing North Carolina trout all summer- could be a lot worse I guess.

Bill

I'd love to help you smoke north Carolina trout, if it turns out that way.  But, I  hope you get to enjoy your trip to Wyoming.

 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like my dog- so its - on the road again....we will see what's open - I have res at a COE, and plans for a few other now opened "places" NM is still closed - seems BLM is open - however it is June - come on folks - Its June - it's hot out - Covid hates heat, open up will you..... My dog will not wear his mask, I don't mind....

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"

ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201524964bac5483378b34b491562080842sm.jpg

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, if our plans had not been interrupted, we would be drinking coffee in Bogachiel State Park on the Olympic Peninsula this morning.  Oh well, shed happens, brush it off!  
 

That’s what we do in "the dog house",

Mossey

  • Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL   LEII #193 “the dog house”

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mossemi said:

Yep, if our plans had not been interrupted, we would be drinking coffee in Bogachiel State Park on the Olympic Peninsula this morning.  

May I ask why you picked Bogachiel rather than one of the Pacific beach campgrounds like Kalaloch? I have driven past Bogachiel but never stopped there. For those who don't know, that is a rain forest campground with lots of trees and ferns, and lots and lots of rain. The forest roads and small bridges wash out frequently.

John Davies

Spokane WA

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, John E Davies said:

May I ask why you picked Bogachiel rather than one of the Pacific beach campgrounds like Kalaloch? I have driven past Bogachiel but never stopped there. For those who don't know, that is a rain forest campground with lots of trees and ferns, and lots and lots of rain. The forest roads and small bridges wash out frequently.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Well to make a long story longer, a friend who full times in a Class C was scheduled to work on the peninsula this summer.  Her vague assignment was in the Hoh Rainforest area so we made a reservation at a campground nearby and Bogachiel was the closest I found that didn't have a 21' limitation.  We made a single night reservation and would move somewhere with her guidance.  It turned out she was actually was going to work at Fairholme, but that’s all on hold at the present time with the park still closed.
As far as Bogachiel is concerned, the map placed it right on US 101,  so I didn’t think I could get into too much trouble finding my camping spot.  And it only cost $8 for an online reservation and another $8 to cancel as the state waived the % based fee on how long you held the reservation which would have been another $11 dollars.  So all of you Washington State forum members should contact your representatives and let them know where you would like the remainder of my $16 spent in your great state.  Maybe they can repair one of those washed out bridges you mentioned.🙂

Mossey

 

Edited by mossemi
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL   LEII #193 “the dog house”

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Aha! Canine wanderlust. That explains why the Doods are so blue,

& us too.

 

Screenshot_20200611-151547_Gallery.jpg

  • Like 3
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2017 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EB 4x4 Lakeland, FL 

 

Screenshot_20200926-202817_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...