Researching before making a purchase. Interest is boondocking......

TomW

Thanx again.  The glass turn-table in the microwave.......  Good Tip.  I would have missed that for sure.....  Glad to here that it is not common to have to get on top.  Always wondered why RV's (trailers, 5th Wheels, truck campers) had a ladder on the back, and then it occurred to me: I am expected to use it.   Hmmm.

I would hope that Oliver could work into their design the use of swing-out windows; that design lets you keep windows open during a rain shower.  Awning side maybe could be left opener with these sliders, but if a breeze kicks up...... There goes the awning.  Anyone had experience with the legless awning that has the auto foldup feature if the breeze exceeds a certain wind speed?  Hate to speed the dollars on the driver-side awning for this, only to have it close up because a breeze came along........

Thanx again and will post again after my trip to Odessa.

God bless.

Tom in Lubbock,

• Like 1

My microwave plate gets inverted over a cotton rag (with the little wheel thing underneath), with the rag pulled up around the glass to keep it from contacting the sides or the door. A plastic dish drainer and a box of kleenex go in on top of that, everything stays secure and safe. I don’t think the microwave door could ever open accidentally like the galley drawers, it is super sturdy.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

My microwave plate simply goes into the cubbie right above the microwave.  I place in there under a plastic tote that contains foil, plastic wrap, wine glasses, etc..  The "lip" on the bottom of the cubbie assures that the plate isn't going anywhere.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Always be sure you double check the main door lock before traveling.  I neglected to lock one time and the door came open in the middle of downtown Jacksonville, FL.  We had to pull over in fierce traffic and get it closed and locked.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

On 4/8/2022 at 7:52 AM, TomW said:

in NM, CO, UY, AZ, WY, MT and maybe Canada.  Is the Elite II a good boondocking choice?  I and concerned about the water leaks I read about on this site. Also concerned about how nimble and maneuverable the trailer is.  Condensation between the two shells???   Oops.  That does not inspire me.  Can anyone offer insight?

Thanx. TomW 

You must be reading this on the Airstream Forums, or somewhere else. I have known of only one Oliver that leaked, and it was an improper installed seal around the roof top A/C unit. I'm not sure how a Oliver would leak around the two haves, as the top does over lap the bottom by some 2-3 incher, but anything is possible under certain conditions. 

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:05 AM, John E Davies said:

Chaco is 5 miles of “very rough” road followed by 13 miles of “rough” road. Heed the warnings on websites like this, with a big grain of salt.

https://www.nps.gov/chcu/planyourvisit/directions.htm

John Davies

Spokane WA

I've been to Chaco several times but not with my Oliver though I would like to at some point. It really depends on what time of year you visit this place or more importantly how soon after the last maintenance grading was performed. Only once have I seen it where it drove like a well maintained gravel road, the other times and one in particular was a very slow go even without towing due to the roughness and excessive washboarding and trenches. It's a crap shoot whether or not anyone would hit it shortly after a fresh grading. I don't recall how long the road is, but 18 miles seems a bit short to me. Figure about an hour to get in there towing and if it goes quicker consider yourself lucky. One word of caution, if you decide to take the side trip to Pueblo Pintado its my understanding NOT to do it from the paved road off highway 550. Apparently this road is extremely rough and better approached from within Chaco itself. All that out of the way Chaco is an amazing place and well worth the visit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70

On 4/10/2022 at 6:11 AM, Mike and Carol said:

The microwave plate is one of our departure chores - it goes in a drawer with hot pads/towels.  It doesn’t even take a rough road to dislodge it from the microwave!  Mike

For sure the microwave plate is on our arrival/departure list.  We use a large fluffy towel and wrap it well, and put it back into the microwave.  Best place for it.  Never had even a second thought about it there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg