Black Friday/Holiday Sale Thread - Where'd it go?

Steve Morris

Maybe my memory is worse than I thought. Wasn't there a thread to collect RV related sales posted by (I think) @Katjo? We're hoping to snag some goodies on sale before our March pickup.

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
1 hour ago, Steve and Deb said:

Maybe my memory is worse than I thought. Wasn't there a thread to collect RV related sales posted by (I think) @Katjo? We're hoping to snag some goodies on sale before our March pickup.

There is a post I named: Favorite Camping Accessories. I think that may be the one you are thinking of.🤔

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

3 hours ago, Katjo said:

I think that may be the one you are thinking of.

No, I’ve read through that one before. The one I saw was just a couple of days ago, but I can’t find it. Thanks anyway 

Maybe it was over on the Facebook group. I got banned over there yesterday, so I can’t look. 🤷

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

16 minutes ago, Steve and Deb said:

No, I’ve read through that one before. The one I saw was just a couple of days ago, but I can’t find it. Thanks anyway 

Maybe it was over on the Facebook group. I got banned over there yesterday, so I can’t look. 🤷

Omg, such a rebel..lol! Why did you get banned?! 
I looked and didn’t see any Black Friday posts but maybe I missed it. 
I’m sick with Covid (a not so nice gift from my husband) so I’m not on top of social media right now. 

• Sad 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

I hope you both recover quickly!

The folks who took delivery of #1292, the last of the 2022 models, ended up with a non-working toilet all last weekend in the Oliver campground. They were understandably irked. A very long and divisive thread resulted, then disappeared. After a couple days with no news, I asked what happened to the posting, and said that I hoped it wasn’t deleted so as to only show positive deliveries. 

For that, I was put in detention for a month, only allowed one post a day and one reply an hour. When I could next post, I asked what I’d done wrong, explained I’m not being confrontational, and asked that the detention be removed. For that, I was permanently banned. 

Makes no sense to me. First time I’ve ever been reprimanded in nearly 40 years of forums, groups, listserves, etc. 

Hey, you asked… 🤪

• Wow 4
  • Sad 2

-----
Facebook - Instagram

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steve and Deb said:

For that, I was put in detention for a month, only allowed one post a day and one reply an hour. When I could next post, I skied what I’d done wrong, explained I’m not being confrontational, and asked that the detention be removed. For that, I was permanently banned. 

Assuming you are talking about the Facebook group?

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

Assuming you are talking about the Facebook group?

Yep, that was mentioned in my previous post. 

Sorry, didn’t mean to get off topic in my own post. 😂 I was just trying to find the Black Friday list I’d seen somewhere, and thought it was on here. 

I’ve got a list of goodies in a wishlist on Amazon, and check every day to see if any have been discounted. So far, no luck. 

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

3 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

I hope you both recover quickly!

The folks who took delivery of #1292, the last of the 2022 models, ended up with a non-working toilet all last weekend in the Oliver campground. They were understandably irked. A very long and divisive thread resulted, then disappeared. After a couple days with no news, I asked what happened to the posting, and said that I hoped it wasn’t deleted so as to only show positive deliveries. 

For that, I was put in detention for a month, only allowed one post a day and one reply an hour. When I could next post, I asked what I’d done wrong, explained I’m not being confrontational, and asked that the detention be removed. For that, I was permanently banned. 

Makes no sense to me. First time I’ve ever been reprimanded in nearly 40 years of forums, groups, listserves, etc. 

Hey, you asked… 🤪

Thank you and I’m so sorry that happened to you.  I do recall that post and wondered myself if they got their issue resolved.
If I recall correctly it was stated that the person that originally posted the problem had deleted it. 

You are a great contributor to the community both here and on FB, always so sweet.  I do hope they reconsider pulling that trigger and remove the ban. 

• Thanks 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

On 11/18/2022 at 11:43 PM, Katjo said:

Thank you and I’m so sorry that happened to you.  I do recall that post and wondered myself if they got their issue resolved.

Yea, weird. I wrote to the admin (using Deb’s account) asking for it to be reviewed and could she tell me what I did that was wrong. Just got a reply today. 

“Nope. too much drama”

🙁 I was really looking forward to interacting with the local owners on there once our trailer arrives, and joining their “Rolling Rallies” sub-group where members arrange gatherings. 

I sure don’t get it…

• Wow 2
  • Sad 2

-----
Facebook - Instagram

55 minutes ago, Steve and Deb said:

Yea, weird. I wrote to the admin (using Deb’s account) asking for it to be reviewed and could she tell me what I did that was wrong. Just got a reply today. 

“Nope. too much drama”

🙁 I was really looking forward to interacting with the local owners on the once our trailer arrives, and joining their “Rolling Rallies” sun-group where members arrange gatherings. 

I sure don’t get it…

That’s really a shame 😞 

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
On 11/18/2022 at 8:12 PM, Steve and Deb said:

Makes no sense to me. First time I’ve ever been reprimanded in nearly 40 years of forums, groups, listserves, 

I remember reading that thread. We were in a cabin on the Magellan strait, outside  Punta Arenas, (and actually had decent wifi for 18 hours or so). There was a lot of drama, but definitely not from you.

Maybe you could start a new thread here on Black Friday deals for Ollies. I  promise we won't shut you down....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

In the mean time, if anybody sees a Black Friday (or any day) super sale for the Houghton's, please let me (us) know.

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

18 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

In the mean time, if anybody sees a Black Friday (or any day) super sale for the Houghton's, please let me (us) know.

Just got my morning e-mail and the RecPro black friday sale is on.  13% discount on their sale price = $826.  That's a really good price.

GJ

• Thanks 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Not listed as a Black Friday deal, but Amazon has an $85 off coupon for the TST 507 Tire Monitor System w/6 caps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078P5GG76/?coliid=I2PNNC7BYUVKX4&colid=R9JV77V82AV9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Thanks 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

Just got my morning e-mail and the RecPro black friday sale is on.  13% discount on their sale price = $826.  That's a really good price.

GJ

Thanks, John.  That is a good price.  It might be time…..

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Not specifically listed as Black Friday sale, but Amazon has a 20% off coupon on the Grohe thermostatic shower valve that some folks have installed. That's $58 off of the $291 Amazon price. I haven't compared this to elsewhere, because I'm not at a point where I know for sure I'll be adding an alternate shower valve.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ROB2O0C/?coliid=I3IYPGNV73LDXJ&colid=R9JV77V82AV9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

28 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

TechnoRV's Black Friday Sale can be found HERE.

I was just perusing that sale from my email. Our new Oliver will come with a 30A shore power cord (25' or 50'?) And I probably should pick up an additional extension.

Do I need just a regular 30A plug, or a locking 30A plug? Thanks!

-----
Facebook - Instagram

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Steve and Deb said:

Our new Oliver will come with a 30A shore power cord (25' or 50'?)

25 feet is what you get from Oliver.

In seven years I've only needed an extension one time and I used a 10 gauged regular extension cord for that.

Assuming that Oliver still uses the same type plug as always then - a regular (non-locking) plug.  Hopefully a 2022 owner will confirm that.

Bill 

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Bakflip - the maker of tonneau covers for pickup trucks - is having a Black Friday sale.

If you contact them - DO NOT simply buy anything at the posted prices on the website.  If you either call them or "chat" with them you can get an additional discount.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Assuming that Oliver still uses the same type plug as always then - a regular (non-locking) plug.  Hopefully a 2022 owner will confirm that.

Our Elite II picked up 15 days ago came with a locking 30A, 25' power cord.  But, we purchased a non-locking extension cord beforehand just in case.  Since the primary cord Oliver supplies has a locking collar on only the trailer end (not the pedestal end), any extension cord does not need to have a locking collar--just a Ziploc bag to protect the connection between the primary and extension cords if it rains.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

58 minutes ago, Rivernerd said:

Since the primary cord Oliver supplies has a locking collar on only the trailer end (not the pedestal end), any extension cord does not need to have a locking collar

Great! Thank you. 

-----
Facebook - Instagram