Newfoundland Trip

Sully

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Sully,  Have a wonderful time in Newfoundland!  I went several years ago and it was a month of exploration I'll never forget.  Don't miss the UNESCO Viking settlement, L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site on the northwest tip (looks like you're heading that way).  At Twillingate, you can catch a boat tour amongst the icebergs and if you take a ferry on the north shore, to Fogo Island, you may even have an iceberg run aground right behind your campsite!  

As a group of people, I found those in Newfoundland to be some of the most friendly I've ever met. 

How long do you plan on remaining on the Rock?

• Like 4

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

On 6/14/2023 at 11:13 AM, bugeyedriver said:

Sully,  Have a wonderful time in Newfoundland!  I went several years ago and it was a month of exploration I'll never forget.  Don't miss the UNESCO Viking settlement, L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site on the northwest tip (looks like you're heading that way).  At Twillingate, you can catch a boat tour amongst the icebergs and if you take a ferry on the north shore, to Fogo Island, you may even have an iceberg run aground right behind your campsite!  

As a group of people, I found those in Newfoundland to be some of the most friendly I've ever met. 

How long do you plan on remaining on the Rock?

Thank you for the feedback, we will be sure to see those sites.  I agree the people here are very friendly.

David & Kris, Audi Q7 - Elite II, Hull # 1391

22 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Do those stairs go all the way to the bottom?😁

Yes they do, here’s another set.  We are now headed for Gros Morne National Park IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.581c498d6b560ebb9cc92a85d623861f.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Sully:

Did you need reservations  at the CG you have and will stay at?

How busy were the campgrounds?

Do the campgrounds have electricty and/or water at each camp site?

Thanks and have a wonderful time.

• Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

2 hours ago, dewdev said:

Sully:

Did you need reservations  at the CG you have and will stay at?

How busy were the campgrounds?

Do the campgrounds have electricty and/or water at each camp site?

Thanks and have a wonderful time.

I made reservations for each stay, but so far the campgrounds have been maybe 10 to 30 percent full.  It’s early in the season here, I suspect they will be a lot fuller in July.  Most of the Provincial Parks  have no water/electricity at each site but have water and dump sites in the park.  A few have electricity at the camp sites.  All have been really nice and beautiful camping sites.  The private and National Parks have more facilities at each campground site.

Our current camp site at Gros Morne National Park, has water and electricity.

• Like 7

• Moderators

Thanks for the photos! Beautiful!

Are you traveling on to L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site? That's definitely on my bucket list. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:50 PM, Sully said:

The closer to water the more bugs and there is a lot of water here.

From living on sand bar (Florida) it might not seem too bad, but it also depends on the bugs. 

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on this fabulous journey! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENDOKSDTNTXWYCCCCCC

22 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Thanks for the photos! Beautiful!

Are you traveling on to L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site? That's definitely on my bucket list. 

Yes, heading up there on Monday 

• Like 2
  • Care 1

The smoke is gone and the sky is clear at Pistolet Bay Provincial Park, it amazes me how blue the skies and waters are here in Newfoundland.  

IMG_0440.thumb.jpeg.c2ebfd0f3e9550184c563e023d3f5ef1.jpeg

IMG_0439.thumb.jpeg.9c4550262eea7608431f08a3e559dc31.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Moderators

That looks like a swimming area - just how cool/cold is that water?

Also - just above the water it looks like really good bear habitat.  I don't see any bear tracks by the shore though.

Hope that the bugs are not too bad for you!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

That looks like a swimming area - just how cool/cold is that water?

Also - just above the water it looks like really good bear habitat.  I don't see any bear tracks by the shore though.

Hope that the bugs are not too bad for you!

Bill

The water was not as cold as I expected, the mosquitoes are annoying, no bears so far, a couple of moose and lots of icebergs.IMG_0443.thumb.jpeg.ae802badb63cc470a66b61a33fbea784.jpeg

• Like 6