Problem finding Oliver Facebook group. Split from another topic

rich.dev

3 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

I guess you need to be a member of that Facebook group to view the post

Ah ok, I searched Oliver/“oliieowners” on the Facebook groups, found a few but obviously not this one, what’s the name of that Oliver Facebook group? Thanks!

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Oliver trailer Owners

Screenshot_20230614_133210_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Screenshot_20230614_133210_Facebook.jpg

Hmmm weird, did a group search and I can’t find that group in Facebook, only the for sale group, and Oliver Travel Trailers! 

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

• Moderators

Are you a Facebook member? 

Oliver trailer Owners is a private group. You have to request to join, and be approved. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

47 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Are you a Facebook member?

Yup I am a Facebook member, and a member of 2 other private Oliver groups. Just weird that I can’t even find that group to join, this is what I see for that group

IMG_1046.png

Truma water heater & AC

On 6/14/2023 at 5:33 PM, rich.dev said:

@CRM thanks but same result……

IMG_1055.png

When that happens it usually means that you've been blocked from the page. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

1 minute ago, CRM said:

When that happens it usually means that you've been blocked from the page. If so, you have A LOT of company...

How can I be blocked if I was never a member. All I can think is maybe I tried to sign up to the group when I first started looking at Oliver more than a year ago, but didn’t answer the questions! I know some of these private groups sometimes have two or three questions, I don’t always answer those questions. If that’s the case, how on earth can I explain/plead my case to the administrator of this Facebook group if I can’t even find it on Facebook?! 

• Like 2

Truma water heater & AC

• Moderators

Your best bet is to message one of their admins, via Facebook. They've had their own issues with spammers, and have blocked/deleted a bunch of folks, I think. I'll send you a list of their admins, via pm here. 

Also could try pming a member here, who is a top contributor there, but not an admin. 

I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook,  and I am  not on their admin team.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

15 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Your best bet is to message one of their admins, via Facebook. They've had their own issues with spammers, and have blocked/deleted a bunch of folks, I think. I'll send you a list of their admins, via pm here. 

Thanks, I made contact with that Facebook group moderator, waiting for her response.

Maybe you could move this string of posts about Facebook to another post/or create one so they don’t clutter this “Oliver closet upgrade” post?

thanks again! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Truma water heater & AC

• Moderators

Done.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• The title was changed to Problem finding Oliver Facebook group. Split from another topic
  • Moderator+

https://www.facebook.com/groups/197254197346376/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=1488841854854264

This is the latest addition to their membership requirements.

Dear members,

Due to some issues that have arisen, and our desire to be consistent in application of our group rules, we have decided to eliminate Pages as members, and to also eliminate members who use obviously fake names.

The purpose of this group is to be a friendly, helpful band of fellow travelers. The group is classified as Private, meaning only members can read posts. This protects us from scammers.

We will be culling our member list, and contacting those members who are not using their real names.

People who have experienced having their Facebook accounts scammed or cloned should know that the fact that the group is Private helps prevent those types from infiltrating the group. Also the due diligence of your administrators in vetting new join requests helps keep you safe.

To increase your personal account safety, you should go to your privacy settings, and make sure your selection on who can see your posts is “friends only”.

• Like 6

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I don’t do Facebook or any other social media sites, but I am curious about what they offer that this forum does not? Why should we join them?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

30 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

I don’t do Facebook or any other social media sites, but I am curious about what they offer that this forum does not? Why should we join them?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

This FB site may give you a lot more visibility and help you sell your Oliver. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OliverforSale/?notif_id=1687050081794225&notif_t=group_r2j_approved&ref=notif

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Patriot said:

This FB site may give you a lot more visibility and help you sell your Oliver. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OliverforSale/?notif_id=1687050081794225&notif_t=group_r2j_approved&ref=notif

Patriot🇺🇸

I don't think that anybody looking for an Ollie would neglect to first check the classifieds here in this forum. What would the FB ad do to help the sale? I don't even understand why that group exists.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

You could expand the universe of buyers, a bit, by posting there.

I'm a member, though rarely interact  there.

Your mods, and ollie,,are well known here. It's a pristine, well cared for, well modded gem. Someone will get lucky.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

There are a lot of Oliver owners on the Facebook group that are not on this forum. So I would guess that there are also prospective buyers there that don’t know about this forum. 

I do not do anything on Facebook  except groups. My personal account is locked down with zero info, no friends requests, no location, etc. it’s just a means to use groups that I’m interested in learning about.

Case in point: we ordered two Gazelle e-bikes. There’s next to zero forum activity anywhere , but an extremely active Facebook owner’s group. So that’s where I need to go if I want to learn more about our new bikes. Same with our Hiker trailer. The only online activity at all is a Facebook group. 

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Well, thanks, maybe a current FB member could help me out by posting a Heads Up message and a link to my "Mouse" ad in the FB For Sale group. Is that allowed? I don't want to break my social media abstinence quite yet. I did post on my local Craigslist. That will show up in any nationwide "Oliver For Sale" Google search.

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

• Moderator+
53 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Well, thanks, maybe a current FB member could help me out by posting a Heads Up message and a link to my "Mouse" ad in the FB For Sale group. Is that allowed? I don't want to break my social media abstinence quite yet. I did post on my local Craigslist. That will show up in any nationwide "Oliver For Sale" Google search.

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

Even if someone posted a link on FB to your ad here, if someone followed it they would discover thy have to be a registered member here to even see it. 

• Haha 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Even if someone posted a link on FB to your ad here, if someone followed it they would discover thy have to be a registered member here to even see it. 

I see your point, but so what? It is a free and painless process… I don’t see that being any kind of impediment for somebody looking for an Ollie. If they can’t be bothered to join the primary support and sales forum for the brand, they are probably very unlikely to follow through on a purchase anyway. Seriously … They can go jump in a lake IMHO. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

9 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

You could expand the universe of buyers, a bit, by posting there.

I'm a member, though rarely interact  there.

Your mods, and ollie,,are well known here. It's a pristine, well cared for, well modded gem. Someone will get lucky.

My wife found our Ollie on the FB Oliver's for sale page.

• Like 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

19 minutes ago, CRM said:

My wife found our Ollie on the FB Oliver's for sale page.

Did she also look here in the Classifieds? 

John davies

Spokane WA

14 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Did she also look here in the Classifieds? 

John davies

Spokane WA

No, I don't think she was aware of this forum at the time and was using RV Trader, Fiberglass RV's for sale and FB marketplace for her searching. She was actually more interested in a Bigfoot at the time and I'm thankful she found our Ollie first.

• Like 4