Suspension Issues

We are in Dawson City. Just came back from an eventful trip to TUKTOYAKTUK. 
In this thread it was addressed how to correct one (a tilt) “Flipped shackle”. 
do I have two flipped or do I have another issue. 
this problem probably preceded this years travels. 
First 4 pictures are from under axles CS then SS. Last 2 are from outside btwn wheels CS then SS.

Very interested in resolving this ASAP.  Before we get anymore remote. 
if both are flipped, do I resolve the issue the same, or diff. 

not certain where or when this happened. Just want to resolve if in fact an issue.  Every now an then when I hit a small bump or hole in the road, I am have started noticing a thump I believe in the trailer. 
you will see in pics that the front shackle it resting on the frame. This does not look right to me. 

Appreciate feedback. 
B~Out

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

image.png.80c94ddb5abf252cb5f66897164fd63d.png

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

Edited by SNY SD UP

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
7 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

We are in Dawson City. Just came back from an eventful trip to TUKTOYAKTUK. 
In this thread it was addressed how to correct one (a tilt) “Flipped shackle”. 
do I have two flipped or do I have another issue. 
this problem probably preceded this years travels. 
First 4 pictures are from under axles CS then SS. Last 2 are from outside btwn wheels CS then SS.

Very interested in resolving this ASAP.  Before we get anymore remote. 
if both are flipped, do I resolve the issue the same, or diff. 

not certain where or when this happened. Just want to resolve if in fact an issue.  Every now an then when I hit a small bump or hole in the road, I am have started noticing a thump I believe in the trailer. 
you will see in pics that the front shackle it resting on the frame. This does not look right to me. 

Appreciate feedback. 
B~Out

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

Your shackles are not flipped, but what IS odd is how flat the rear leaf springs are, no curvature at all to the rear leaf springs on either side.   Check for any cracks or breaks in the individual leaves on each of those leaf spring packs.  

IMG_2695.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I agree with Frank C, but I will go further and say you have a broken spring. The flipped shackle would never get so high as to touch the subframe! In fact, towing with it flipped is normally fine. Here is mine the last time both sides flipped:

IMG_2934.thumb.jpeg.fec13bf920664623fdd80ec19cd540a4.jpeg

You need to find a NEARBY trailer repair shop and have them install a full set of four 3500 pound rated springs. Don’t tow it any further that necessary. If the roads to the shop are smooth, no worries, if you have to drive on rough pavement … in your shoes I would find a mobile tech or get it transported on a truck bed. They also need to inspect the frame for any possible damage.

They also need to check the shocks.

What tire pressure in your trailer? If you are running 80 psi, that could have caused this. On truly nasty roads set them to 45 at the most. Mine runs 42 psi all the time. 

Good luck, please start a new thread with this.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Some add to help an back story, before being split off. 
Pictures  are scrambled, chocks are on  front wheels.
yes we did break two leaf springs (on this trip) and replaced all 4 shocks with the Monroe’s 555001. And the leaf springs (should have been) “4-Leaf Double-Eye Spring for 3,500-lb Trailer Axles - 27" Long”. 
Mind you, repairs were done in Univik, parts came in air-freight from Edmonton & Whitehorse. 
and they worked us in with all their other customers prior schedule’s. 
we will be heading to Whitehorse to seek professional help. 

b~out

• Wow 3

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

4 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Some add to help an back story, before being split off. 
Pictures  are scrambled, chocks are on  front wheels.
yes we did break two leaf springs (on this trip) and replaced all 4 shocks with the Monroe’s 555001. And the leaf springs (should have been) “4-Leaf Double-Eye Spring for 3,500-lb Trailer Axles - 27" Long”. 
Mind you, repairs were done in Univik, parts came in air-freight from Edmonton & Whitehorse. 
and they worked us in with all their other customers prior schedule’s. 
we will be heading to Whitehorse to seek professional help. 

b~out

It’s already been split to a new thread.  Which springs were replaced?   The front two or the rear two?   From your additional details it’s sounding like either the wrong replacement springs were used and that’s what is causing the odd rear spring sag, or you still have two broken springs.  

I’m betting it was the front two leaf springs that were replaced, and those 27” long replacement springs are too long.  That’s forcing the forward EZflex link up into the trailer frame, and stretching the rear leaf springs to the point that they are flattened. From the Dexter searches I found, it looks like the spring length should be ~25.25” (confusing because the one site part number has a 27).    Maybe someone else can confirm the correct Dexter part. 

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2706.png

IMG_2708.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator+
1 hour ago, Frank C said:

I haven’t seen any update from SNY SD UP.  Hope they got it figured out. 

I got a message from them  last week. They are back in ND but are still trying to get the correct springs.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

3 hours ago, Jim and Frances said:

I just requested info from Jason on the springs, and he confirmed the 9150014-02, 1750 lb (each) 25.25 length.

I've not used this vendor, but found these online.   http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/product/9150014-02

Looked at the dexter stock number and it has a "LF" in it.  For our LE2 are eachof the 8 springs exactly alike or does the LF indicate a left front spring and that we need to order our a LR, RF and RR?

Just want to know for my cheat sheet.

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

16 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

Looked at the dexter stock number and it has a "LF" in it.  For our LE2 are eachof the 8 springs exactly alike or does the LF indicate a left front spring and that we need to order our a LR, RF and RR?

Just want to know for my cheat sheet.

GJ

The leaf springs are the same all around the trailer, side to side and front to back.  The 4LF means four leaf ( four leaves on the leaf spring pack).  There are other leaf spring packs with less leaves and some with more.  The correct ones for the 3,500 pound axles have 4 leaves (1,750 pounds capacity per leaf spring pack x 2 per axle. 

IMG_2708.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Hello all, 

We made it home safely, and have been recovering physically & mentally.  I am currently working on 3 articles for the forum, one of which will be about our suspension issues.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Hello all, 

We made it home safely, and have been recovering physically & mentally.  I am currently working on 3 articles for the forum, one of which will be about our suspension issues.  

Glad to hear you’re home.  Must’ve been quite a trip.   Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS