Under Front Dinette (open ended elect. splice connectors & sewer question)

SNY SD UP

I went into the bowels of the front dinette seat, to have a look at the Black Blade Valve.  Besides being a bit difficult to pull/push from the outside it appears to not seat all the way when pushed in.  I have followed other threads which discuss this topic, so I "Know what I have to end up doing". 
However I cannot seem to get my 2XL hands in there to properly access the bottom nuts/bolts no matter how I try to squeeze in there. 

Maggie was observing all this as I tried many different angles and she saw my struggles.  I told her what I really needed was a ¼” drive socket set so I could get the proper access for inspection and possible replacement done.  She suspected I just wanted an excuse to buy more tools for SNYSDUP…  I then mentioned to her that her hands were much smaller than mine and could easily fit between the piping.  After a very short discussion, I believe I will now be buying a ¼” drive socket set.

So my questions are…

1. Before I make that purchase and based upon pictures of others doing this task, is ¼” drive the proper size, given enough sockets???, 
  2. Am I a bad person…

image.thumb.jpeg.2a3d1d379cf62b8a91a9d97f8aeb6fbc.jpeg

The 2nd picture shows two (red circles) bundle of electrical splice connections that are open.  Am I wrong to assume they are for options we did not choose, but were wired-in if we want any of those options added in in the future. 

The question I have is, Can anyone tell me what the 2 groups of wire connectors would be connected to, so I might label them.

Underfrntdinette.thumb.jpeg.4802a36c4114f1beb05c90c2514839fc.jpeg

Regards,

Bryan

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

We had the same issues with our black tank valve a few years ago. Poured Thetford drain valve lubricant in the black tank, but still continued to have the problems. Lubricated the push/pull cables and did not correct the valve bypass issue, but cable worked easier. Going from memory. Used valve lubricant on the valve during reassembly. Also used 1/4" drive set with long extension, and tape on my finger to hold one nut during reassembly. I cannot speak to the wires.

It was a few years ago, but kept photos of the job. Black tank valve still working without issues.

i-ztKx9LG-L.jpg

Believe I had to loosen the hose clamps and slid pipe back a little while removing & installing new valve.

i-xXfMqqW-L.jpg

i-5xLXs6R-L.jpg

i-3pp4cGC-L.jpg

i-ZWbxPrf-L.jpg

i-Pk5H4f4-L.jpg

i-PPfDWgW-L.jpg

i-8KS8GCv-L.jpg

i-KBBQNsn-L.jpg

i-thmB2Rk-L.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 6

2015 LE2

41 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

We had the same issues with our black tank valve a few years ago. 

It was a few years ago, but kept photos of the job. Black tank valve still working without issues.

i-ztKx9LG-L.jpgi-3pp4cGC-L.jpg

i-Pk5H4f4-L.jpg

i-KBBQNsn-L.jpg

Nice job, way to go.  Casablanca will be need that job done soon as well - thanks for the posting!  Very helpful.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Ride&Fly - Yes, your post is one of those that I read before diving into this.  It appears as though OTT has maybe changed things a bit in that compartment since 2015. However the task remains the same.  And I agree about extensions.  I do have the nut drivers for the pipe clamps.

• Like 5

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

I did the same job a few years ago, I think I posted some pictures.  I don’t have anything to add to rideandfly’s description.  It’s not difficult, just time consuming and a bit hard on the back from the kneeling and reaching down to the area needing attention!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

16 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Can anyone tell me what the 2 groups of wire connectors would be connected to, so I might label them.

Have you verified that your trailer turn, backup and running lights work when your 7-pin is connected to your tow vehicle?  My first impression when viewing your posted photo is that some of those wires may be designed to be connected to each other, to enable your rear trailer lights to function.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 9/7/2023 at 9:47 AM, Rivernerd said:

Have you verified that your trailer turn, backup and running lights work when your 7-pin is connected to your tow vehicle?  My first impression when viewing your posted photo is that some of those wires may be designed to be connected to each other, to enable your rear trailer lights to function.

All lights associated with 7pin work as they should. (verified earlier today)

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/6/2023 at 6:39 PM, SNY SD UP said:

The question I have is, Can anyone tell me what the 2 groups of wire connectors would be connected to, so I might label them.

My best guess is that those wires would power/operate the optional Barker electric dump valves.

Mossey

IMG_1163.thumb.jpeg.a38537dfab66ef67f8048d5b7fe7c5e2.jpeg

Edited by mossemi
Add photo
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”