Howdy

FLYnGATOR

Hello, New guy here… Have a delivery date upcoming, super excited. Not new to camping but new to OTT. Drooled over OTT for a decade or so. Upcoming retirement and decided to make the plunge. Looking forward to taking advantage of the OTT Boondocking capabilities.

any tips or comments on delivery day inspection? 

Mark

FLGAINKYNCOHPASCTNVAWVmed.jpg

Mark & Claudia

“Mr. Douglas” 2024 LE ll twin, hull # 1457, Truma AC & WH, Platinum solar, Natures Head

2024 Ford f250 Lariat Ultimate 7.3L gasser / 3.75, FX4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, FLYnGATOR said:

any tips or comments on delivery day inspection? 

Hopefully you have view the videos in the Oliver University.  Be sure to get very familiar with the one that covers "what to expect on delivery day".

Most of us were basically overwhelmed on that day - the excitement and all the information and the people you meet are all a bunch of "stuff" to take in during the relatively few hours that you are there.

Take a camera (and use it), take a note book (and use it), don't be afraid to ask that question - yes, stop the person who is playing tape number 36 from memory and ask, ask, ask.  Make sure that you actually understand the answer to that question and don't be afraid to ask it again if necessary.  If something doesn't "look right" to you - ask about it.

Be sure to actually test every thing and all systems on your new Ollie.  If it doesn't work (or if you can't get it to work) don't be afraid to walk back over to the Service Department and ask for help.  They (and the rest of Oliver people) are really nice and are actually glad to help you.

Give yourself a break!  You will forget things - there are simply way too many to remember.

But - most of all - HAVE FUN!!!!!

Bill

p.s.  We need pictures of your new rig!  Most likely you will be in site #1 in the Oliver camping area.  All of these sites have water and electric but the sewer dump is located up by the entrance road.  If you can't find it then ask someone to point it out to you.  Finally - if you are too tired to cook or simply want an easy dinner out then the Mexican place that is located right across the street (in the small strip mall) from Tractor Supply is fairly good.  Also, WalMart is right there too in the event you think of anything you forgot to bring.

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

4 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Take a camera (and use it)

Good point, I took video clips of our walk through, have come in handy a few times already. 

6 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Be sure to actually test every thing and all systems on your new Ollie

Yes can’t stress that enough, test everything at the Oliver campground fully hooked up, AND like you would when boondocking, and if you’re getting solar, test it there. 

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Got it! Thanks to all!

I made a reservation for the upcoming rally in May. Hopefully, we will have a few trips under our belt by then!

Mark 

Mark & Claudia

“Mr. Douglas” 2024 LE ll twin, hull # 1457, Truma AC & WH, Platinum solar, Natures Head

8 hours ago, FLYnGATOR said:

Got it! Thanks to all!

I made a reservation for the upcoming rally in May. Hopefully, we will have a few trips under our belt by then!

Mark 

Very cool!  Looking forward to meeting you and seeing how your new OTT turns out!

Cheers!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

@FLYnGATOR

Congrats, first off, on retirement!! It is a beautiful time in life where you are free to do the things YOU want to do. 
Here are a few suggestions. As much as possible DO NOT take delivery on a Friday. If you have an issue Oliver service is closed over the weekend and you will burn two days sitting at Camp Oliver waiting to get your issue addressed on Monday. 
Another suggestion is to consider few extra days at David Crockett SP to do your shakedown of your new Oliver. A few days spent at the SP will allow you to familiarize yourself with your Oliver. While at Oliver Service, go through every system, push every button and make sure EVERYTHING works. If you have an issue and new Olivers can have issues, you are close enough to OTT to get it addressed before heading home. Before heading home, take as much time as you can.
Now is the time to hit the books and watch the videos in Oliver University. This gave us an edge up delivery day.
Oliver goes to great lengths to provide this info and the more you learn the better it gets. 
Scour this forum. There are lots of pro tips and suggestions on mods that will help you make your Ollie your own. 
Enjoy delivery day, and get out and travel!!! 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Another suggestion is to consider few extra days at David Crockett SP to do your shakedown of your new Oliver. A few days spent at the SP will allow you to familiarize yourself with your Oliver. While at Oliver Service, go through every system, push every button and make sure EVERYTHING works. If you have an issue and new Olivers can have issues, you are close enough to OTT to get it addressed before heading home. Before heading home, take as much time as you can.

We spent 3 days at David Crockett State Park after picking up our Elite II last November.  When we drove back to Hohenwald the following Monday morning, the Oliver Service staff jumped right on the few issues we had discovered during my thorough 3-day inspection and testing.  Their commitment to ensuring that all issues were promptly, and properly, resolved before we took the trailer home to Idaho was exemplary.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Good point!

Currently scheduled for a Tuesday delivery…Subject to change,with no notice by higher authorities. 🙂 

I’ve already watched many of the videos leading up to the decision to purchase, however, I will review them again. In the What to expect a delivery video, I do not see OTT providing manual transfer pump for use in winterization. Depending upon home temperatures when I take delivery in December, I will have to winterize prior to departure. I have a manual transfer pump. However, it does not allow the use of a threaded hose for use in connecting to the trailer port. What would you recommend?

Mark

• Like 1

Mark & Claudia

Welcome,FlyNGator..  I bought a Camco hand pump kit at Menards..works great..maybe when you pick up your Ollie in December, maybe they will have it winterize for you..   Stay safe . We will have to meetup at the rally..I’m just north of Cincinnati, (Butler County)..

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

• Moderators

These hand pumps are also available at Harbor Freight (probably cheaper than Menards) - like THIS ONE and then all you need is a "barbed" fitting to go into the end of the "output" side/ "discharge" side like THESE.  Note - check the size of the fitting since I don't remember it off the top of my head.  You can get these fittings at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace hardware, etc.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

These hand pumps are also available at Harbor Freight (probably cheaper than Menards)

The similar Camco pump at Menards is $17.79 (HERE) versus $7.49 at Harbor Freight.  I'll bet that the fitting doesn't cost anywhere near the difference in price.

Bill

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I already have the hand pump, so I’ll just get a barb fitting to connect. Didn’t think of that!

Mark

• Like 1

Mark & Claudia

16 hours ago, topgun2 said:

The similar Camco pump at Menards is $17.79 (HERE) versus $7.49 at Harbor Freight.  I'll bet that the fitting doesn't cost anywhere near the difference in price.

Bill

That's the one we use and it works great.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Welcome to the forum.

My wife and I retired a couple years back and bought an Oliver.

We created a blog to help our family see various campgrounds, trip logs and provide tips for them and other Oliver owners.

Here’s the link to Galway Girls (Hull 505) Blog:

https://4-ever-hitched.com

At the top and bottom of the blog are links an Amazon "Oliver Outfitters Guide".  That guide is a list that’s been made for great Oliver gear along with comments from Oliver owners that describe how it fits or works in and Oliver.  

Oliver Outfitters Guide on Amazon

Craig & Rose

Hull 505 - Galway Girl

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg