Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Could someone attending the upcoming 2026 Oliver Rally ask the Oliver folks: Now that Oliver is back to only selling from their facilities in TN (no retail RV companies), can the Classified section be reopened on the forum to allow used Oliver's to be advertised there,
  3. Let's chat at the rally. We travel a lot in the Ollie but we also travel a lot without it. Just returned from 2 weeks in Scotland, and getting ready to head to Yellowstone. Tim's Ford Lake is a beautiful area. There is at least one other couple we met down there (War Trace) with an Ollie. We'll look forward to meeting at Lake Guntersville. Bob
  4. Today
  5. You might want to call OTT and ask them how they would recommend to repair it. Jason Essary might be the best person to ask as he has been involved in production. (They may be hard to reach right now as they are getting ready for the Oliver Rally. @gorby:L It would be helpful for us to give you better answers, if you added to your signature line the year, hull number and model of your Oliver.
  6. @Townesw I can’t specifically remember at what point that photo was taken, but I *think* it was when the hoses were backwards. Question two: you are correct, and I was surprised the first time I used city water with a full fresh tank and heard water coming from the overflow. Question three: Correct. For us, the whole purpose of the diverter was to save tank capacity in either scenario. The whole bathroom re-plumbing was by far the best project I’ve done on Curiosity.
  7. It’s not a statement my p trap under the shower drain is disconnected I discovered that the connecting collar is broken very hard to get any ideas how to replace it
  8. question for the owners of the newer units with the updated AC's. Our 2018 LEII came with the std Dometic - loud as heck - really obnoxious when trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with the newer versions like the 48 v Houghton on the Apex, or the ones on the LEII. I must admit that Apex looks interesting. RB
  9. Thanks for the post! I just noticed you're a Nashville area couple. We are south of you, a bit, Tims Ford Lake area. I am going to visit the Oct rally to view the unannounced viewing of perhaps a redesign of the LE1. Having traveled about a lot with a LE II, we are considering the smaller unit - not sure on either. Just don't know which direction we will head - RV again or not, choice is such a pain.... ha. Honestly, as we enter the next decade or two, how we want to spend it is harder choice than one would think. But that's a subject for a much longer discussion!
  10. There was a prototype of the LE I with apex trim on the showroom floor this summer. They said there was no plan to take that to market though.
  11. @Steve Morris First question: If I correctly understand you in your posts following the post that included this picture, you say that your hot and cold lines are reversed in this picture. Is this correct? The plumbing would make better sense if your lines were reversed in that picture. @Steve Morris or @mossemi Second question: When running off the pump you are pulling water from the fresh tank and sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. In this (running off pump) scenario you are conserving fresh water and grey tank capacity. When running off city water you are still sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. If your fresh tank is already full the excess returned water will just go out the overflow? Third question: In the city water scenario you are only conserving grey tank capacity. Is this correct? Bill - 2018 Hull 313
  12. Harvest Hosts has been added to the Choice Hotels portfolio https://share.gemini.google/nuoBbPEPcPIw
  13. You will need to install a dedicated automatic transfer switch to be able to run the a/c off the batteries via the inverter and still be able to operate it when on shore power. No need to upgrade the inverter just to be able to run the unit in this manner. You will also need to install a shunt and fuse with the battery upgrade. Search ‘Ollie Modifications’ for owner write ups to glean information and install details. Here are a few pics on the required ATS to get you started: My install. Pic provided by another illustrating the wiring. ATS wiring diagram.
  14. Could be a coincidence. But there was once an old hull with an Air Fryer upgrade. 🤣
  15. Yeah after I wrote that I thought “nah, it’ll be an upgraded I”. But $2M?? I knew those molds are expensive but that is nuts. Well $500k per mold I guess makes more sense. You make a fiberglass one-off model (the ‘plug’ I think?), then build the fiberglass mold off that. Still seems high but what do I know … Edit: easier bet; first reveal will be at the Rally
  16. Yesterday
  17. Hi. Read through this forum. Use Google search: "Oliver trailers forum <insert your question here>." Tons of good information available.
  18. As @topgun2 suggests, I hope you come to the rally -- you will meet many happy Oliver owners, see personalized trailers, and OTT usually includes informational seminars by the Oliver team as well as some of the component manufacturers.
  19. The OTT website has been updated since I last looked and has a nice comparison of the different current models. I notice that OTT has picked up on some of the Oliver Owner's personal upgrades, which is neat (such as offering an air fryer in lieu of a microwave).
  20. If possible - try to attend the Oliver Owner's Rally. It's too late to register as a full participant, but, there is no reason that you can't attend many of the functions of the Rally to include visiting with current owners in the campground and touring the vendor area. Any of the Sales staff at Oliver will be happy to give you all the details. Bill
  21. I'd bet - the same size as the current Elite I. Simply put - with each of the four molds that it take to make any Oliver costing in excess of $2,000,000 (i.e. total cost would be in excess of $8,000,000) the cost of introducing a third size of travel trailer is simply too high. I'd also bet that similar to what has been done with the Elite II, a different model and/or trim level for the existing Elite I is behind that cover in the pic. Bill
  22. Hi guys, the 4 AGM’s on my 2018 Oliver are kaput. I am installing a new Vatrer 460ah and was wondering how hard it would be to run the A/C off of it. I know I would need a 3000 watt inverter. Would I just take the A/C wires off the charger/converter and make a plug that plugs into the new inverter? Thanks
  23. Getting closer to the rally. Lake Manawa SP in Council Bluffs Iowa. Clear view across lake to the Mutual of Omaha building.
  24. My guess is an Apex version of the single axle
  25. From their Twitter/X feed. Single axel, I’ll guess larger than the I but smaller than the II
  26. We are Anna and Steve from Staten Island New York. We've been arving since 2009. We camped in a camp in tear drop trailer from 2009 to 2014 and then we purchased a casita Fiboglass trailer in 2014 that we sold and we never should have We now own a grand design. Imagine,2026 which is our third RV that we are extremely unhappy with. We are looking forward to purchasing an Oliver 2027 Elite. We have just completed a 13,000 mile trip from Staten Island New York to Fairbanks. Alaska and back.
  27. Email sent. Mike wrote on Where's Ollie something like, this one is "good enough to frame!"
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information