All Activity
- Past hour
-
Thanks for the post! I just noticed you're a Nashville area couple. We are south of you, a bit, Tims Ford Lake area. I am going to visit the Oct rally to view the unannounced viewing of perhaps a redesign of the LE1. Having traveled about a lot with a LE II, we are considering the smaller unit - not sure on either. Just don't know which direction we will head - RV again or not, choice is such a pain.... ha. Honestly, as we enter the next decade or two, how we want to spend it is harder choice than one would think. But that's a subject for a much longer discussion!
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
Olive2Roam replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
There was a prototype of the LE I with apex trim on the showroom floor this summer. They said there was no plan to take that to market though. - Today
-
@Steve Morris First question: If I correctly understand you in your posts following the post that included this picture, you say that your hot and cold lines are reversed in this picture. Is this correct? The plumbing would make better sense if your lines were reversed in that picture. @Steve Morris or @mossemi Second question: When running off the pump you are pulling water from the fresh tank and sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. In this (running off pump) scenario you are conserving fresh water and grey tank capacity. When running off city water you are still sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. If your fresh tank is already full the excess returned water will just go out the overflow. Third question: In the city water scenario you are only conserving grey tank capacity. Is this correct? Bill - 2018 Hull 313
-
srthomsen started following Harvest Hosts Acquired
-
Harvest Hosts has been added to the Choice Hotels portfolio https://share.gemini.google/nuoBbPEPcPIw
-
Running A/C off new large lithium battery
Ronbrink replied to Ken_Judy's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
You will need to install a dedicated automatic transfer switch to be able to run the a/c off the batteries via the inverter and still be able to operate it when on shore power. No need to upgrade the inverter just to be able to run the unit in this manner. You will also need to install a shunt and fuse with the battery upgrade. Search ‘Ollie Modifications’ for owner write ups to glean information and install details. Here are a few pics on the required ATS to get you started: My install. Pic provided by another illustrating the wiring. ATS wiring diagram. -
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
srthomsen replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
My guess too> -
Could be a coincidence. But there was once an old hull with an Air Fryer upgrade. 🤣
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
DanielBoondock replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
Yeah after I wrote that I thought “nah, it’ll be an upgraded I”. But $2M?? I knew those molds are expensive but that is nuts. Well $500k per mold I guess makes more sense. You make a fiberglass one-off model (the ‘plug’ I think?), then build the fiberglass mold off that. Still seems high but what do I know … Edit: easier bet; first reveal will be at the Rally - Yesterday
-
Hi. Read through this forum. Use Google search: "Oliver trailers forum <insert your question here>." Tons of good information available.
-
As @topgun2 suggests, I hope you come to the rally -- you will meet many happy Oliver owners, see personalized trailers, and OTT usually includes informational seminars by the Oliver team as well as some of the component manufacturers.
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
Boudicca908 replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
The OTT website has been updated since I last looked and has a nice comparison of the different current models. I notice that OTT has picked up on some of the Oliver Owner's personal upgrades, which is neat (such as offering an air fryer in lieu of a microwave). -
If possible - try to attend the Oliver Owner's Rally. It's too late to register as a full participant, but, there is no reason that you can't attend many of the functions of the Rally to include visiting with current owners in the campground and touring the vendor area. Any of the Sales staff at Oliver will be happy to give you all the details. Bill
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
topgun2 replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
I'd bet - the same size as the current Elite I. Simply put - with each of the four molds that it take to make any Oliver costing in excess of $2,000,000 (i.e. total cost would be in excess of $8,000,000) the cost of introducing a third size of travel trailer is simply too high. I'd also bet that similar to what has been done with the Elite II, a different model and/or trim level for the existing Elite I is behind that cover in the pic. Bill -
Ken_Judy started following Running A/C off new large lithium battery
-
Hi guys, the 4 AGM’s on my 2018 Oliver are kaput. I am installing a new Vatrer 460ah and was wondering how hard it would be to run the A/C off of it. I know I would need a 3000 watt inverter. Would I just take the A/C wires off the charger/converter and make a plug that plugs into the new inverter? Thanks
-
Getting closer to the rally. Lake Manawa SP in Council Bluffs Iowa. Clear view across lake to the Mutual of Omaha building.
-
Looks like a new model ‘Coming Soon’
Chuck and Beth replied to DanielBoondock's topic in General Discussion
My guess is an Apex version of the single axle -
From their Twitter/X feed. Single axel, I’ll guess larger than the I but smaller than the II
-
annasteve started following Potential owners.
-
We are Anna and Steve from Staten Island New York. We've been arving since 2009. We camped in a camp in tear drop trailer from 2009 to 2014 and then we purchased a casita Fiboglass trailer in 2014 that we sold and we never should have We now own a grand design. Imagine,2026 which is our third RV that we are extremely unhappy with. We are looking forward to purchasing an Oliver 2027 Elite. We have just completed a 13,000 mile trip from Staten Island New York to Fairbanks. Alaska and back.
-
-
annasteve joined the community
-
Gwyn joined the community
-
YES - same on my Hull #117 Bill
-
This is exactly what we have. Was OTT installing these back when our hulls were made? I assumed it was OEM but maybe previous owner upgraded. I realize many newer ones look like what Bill showed above. The shut-off on ours was tight but works well after a CLR soak. In shower head mode, pressure not so great but good enough.
-
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
Steph and Dud B replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
We have a crew cab long bed. The long bed is good for storage, especially if you have a large Clam screen room. The downside is maneuverability. Our truck and trailer combined are about 45' long. Makes it harder to back into some campsites with narrow roads and trees. -
"Red sky at night - Sailor's ...." Pretty.
-
-
New F-250 XLT Options Specific to Oliver Towing
GregCA replied to GregCA's topic in Towing an Oliver
Really apreciate all your informative posts. And it looks like I opened up a can of worms on OEM DC-DC with the ENs in the comunity. OBTW the CA in GregCA are my initails. I am actully in Navarre Fl close to Pensacola
