All Activity
- Past hour
-
Upgrading from a Bulldog 2” coupler to 2 5/16 BD coupler
Dean and Mary replied to Patriot's topic in Ollie Modifications
I just upgraded from a 2" Bulldog hitch to a 2‑5/16" hitch. Thanks, Patriot, for the information and the link to the Collar Trailer Hitch Lock for Bulldog‑style Couplers. I just placed my order, and it will definitely help with security while towing, since the wire that holds the collar offers virtually no real protection. I’ll be using a Proven lock on that collar so it matches all my other Proven lock keys. -
StarLink mini with StarLink router mini.
Skipster replied to 2008RN's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
When we are driving it just sits on the dash. When at camp we just put it wherever we can get a decent sky view. Plugs into our Elite on the outside and with the long power cord it’s easy to work with. It’s a great thing to have for so many reasons -
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
Dean and Mary replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
We live in the mountains about an hour from Denver off Highway 285. We hope to attend a big rally someday if one is held close to Colorado, and a smaller regional rally would definitely interest us as well. Thanks for checking out our signature line about the equipment upgrade. I’m still working on it and hope to have everything wrapped up soon. Once it’s finished, I’ll put together a full write‑up and share the process. And yes—I agree that an Oliver‑offered Victron upgrade would definitely appeal to buyers. Dean - Today
-
Inaugural Rollout Apex X23, 2Dreamin, Hull #1738
Mike and Carol replied to FirstApex's topic in Delivery Day Photos
Welcome to the Oliver family! Nice looking trailer - enjoy!! Mike -
That Power Foam Turtle Wax bug remover gets high ratings. Once you get your ceramic coating done you will find that the bugs are a bunch easier to remove. CGI (that Patriot mentions above) has a product that will also aid in bug removal while enhancing and adding to the life of your coating - I believe that "Ceramic Shield" is the name. Bill
-
Jim and Frances started following Bugs, Bugs, and more bugs... Any advice?
-
Bugs, Bugs, and more bugs... Any advice?
Jim and Frances replied to ccevans6's topic in General Discussion
Pending your ceramic coating 🙂....a great / inexpensive option is Turtle Wax 50595 Power Foam Bug & Tar Remover. Interesting video here from Dallas Paint Correction. I am sure there are better products, but maybe not for the price and the foaming dwell time. As mentioned in the video, good for bugs horrible for tar. Citrol also works but is a harsh chemical. Just a thought! -
A professional ceramic coating will allow those bugs to wash right off with a PH neutral car wash soap. We had our Oliver ceramic coated by CGI and they did an outstanding job. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Highly recommend! https://www.cgidetailing.com/
-
Inaugural Rollout Apex X23, 2Dreamin, Hull #1738
Patriot replied to FirstApex's topic in Delivery Day Photos
Congrats and wishing you all the very best on your adventures. Don’t forget to chock the front of those trailer tires! 😊 Welcome to the Oliver family! Patriot 🇺🇸 -
The long wait is finally over!!! 2Dreamin has a new beginning, those planned and those that are unexpected on the road or off the road we are Apex ready. Come along with us on our journey to see what is just around the corner. Click on the link, subscribe and ring the bell to get notifications when a new video or short is uploaded to our YouTube channel. Hull #1738 https://youtube.com/shorts/gxLY7IRslJo?si=UfrcGxzsi_Mkrd0V
-
FirstApex changed their profile photo
-
Bugs, Bugs, and more bugs... Any advice?
FloraFauna replied to ccevans6's topic in General Discussion
As a first step, i wash off with alot of sudsy soap water and sponge bath, letting it soak the bugs, then go bug and tar remover for the relatively few that persist. - Yesterday
-
Sweis started following Barker VIP3000 Stabilizer Jack Slipping
-
Barker VIP3000 Stabilizer Jack Slipping
Sweis replied to jd1923's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Thank you topgun2 for getting me in the right string. I think I’m starting to understand how the strings work. We are camping now in Nova Scotia, but when I get the covers off, I’ll take a picture. I think I understand that Baker ships the jacks with vertical steel plates welded to the tubes and Oliver has changed to a single piece steel angle iron, which looks a lot stronger than the older ones. Not sure about the square holes in the steel and iron? if I were making it, I would drill round holes and use regular Bolts and washers instead of carriage bolts. -
Making things a little easier, more comfortable.
Ron and Phyllis replied to Ron and Phyllis's topic in Ollie Modifications
Bless you! -
Making things a little easier, more comfortable.
Ron and Phyllis replied to Ron and Phyllis's topic in Ollie Modifications
Thank you Bill & Debbie -
Bugs, Bugs, and more bugs... Any advice?
Steph and Dud B replied to ccevans6's topic in General Discussion
Bug and Tar Remover, then wash and re-wax. -
Alex & Kelly, Looks like a great launch into the next chapter of your lives. The Odyssey will take you to many wondrous places throughout this land and your experiences will enrich your lives and souls. Welcome to the Ollie family. I look forward to meeting you at the rally in a few weeks. Pete / site B49
-
Chasing Stars joined the community
-
That is great advice which I really appreciate. I was able to get the valve partway closed and I put the anode back in. I was able to get pink antifreeze to come out of all faucets hot and cold and outside shower. So all good for now. Next spring I will drill and cut a new access hole thankyou for the help
-
Skipster started following elite 1. #822. hot water bypass valve stuck and can not close
-
We are Alex and Kelly, the new owners (as of June '26) of Hull 1458, or as we have name it, "The Odyssey." We've been looking at Olivers for a number of years and just couldn't settle, I suspect even frustrating Jason somewhere along the line as he patiently tried to help us make up our minds a couple times. As providence would have it, Hull 1458 (which happens to be a special number for us) popped up for sale early in 2026, and we were able to work out a deal with the former owners (Art and Jill), who graciously waited for Kelly to finish teaching in May this year so we could drive cross country from Florida to Oregon, then take about three months traveling back home and taking in some amazing sites in this beautiful Country we call home (video highlights attached)... We're looking forward to the Rally at Lake Guntersville (THANKS Adam!) later this month... See you all there!! Cannon Beach, Oregon 9F255D47-6E77-4EBD-BC48-D587624552CB.mp4
-
Yes, FORCE it until it moves! First be certain of which is the correct direction to turn. Get the right hold on it with a Channel Lock pliers. You may need two tools, one to hold the valve and another to turn the handle. This is exactly what would be done if you took it somewhere for repair. In my 48 years of car repairs, I find many fail in certain repairs due to their thinking. Sometimes these kind of repairs take more time thinking it through than actually doing it. Did you try turning it seated or laying the opposite direction? Did you try it left-handed? The saying goes, "try and try again" while thinking through alternative means. Next idea, get somebody younger and stronger. I used to be able to do almost anything. Not anymore. These days if I can't do it myself, I call our son Adam the two of us together certainly WILL get 'er done! In our EII hull, OTT put the access panel about 6" OFF from the best position, go figure. I find it turns turns easier reaching through the air vent to the furnace. But you have an Elite I which is much different! Perhaps you need to add an access panel. Drill a 4" or 6" opening with a hole saw and add a marine access panel. I understand we don't like drilling into the Oliver, but keep in mind you'll need to get in there quickly twice a year! https://www.amazon.com/AOWEITOUR-Inspection-Detachable-Suitable-facilities/dp/B0CFXNMJBB/
