Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. My camping season is one fat summer -- from Spring all the way through Fall -- with the high traffic Summer season focused on boondocking out West. I only feel crowds when I return to the eastern half of the country.
  3. Today
  4. She tows great in good weather https://youtube.com/shorts/gxLY7IRslJo?si=xqe2Y6Aj3dercgA0 and is trailing smoothly in the rain, oh how sweet!!! https://youtube.com/shorts/FbAvBiVSXNo?is=7SazzRBNPKDlRBZN
      • 1
      • Like
  5. I can see OTT not wanting to facilitate private sales of used Olivers. It's not a good business model. On a personal basis, we're never buying or selling another Oliver, so who cares? I would think this is true for most of us. The Oliver is a life trailer that most of us buy once and keep in the family. What would be helpful is a classified section for unused Oliver parts. I've sold my Calmark cover, sold my bike rack, sold my original 2KW Xantrex, all just from slight mentions in my mod posts. But it took 2 years to do so and an Oliver Parts sales section would be great (not a vendor space, just for owners). I'm not using our Andersen 2 5/16" WDH or brand new Nev-R Lube hubs. See, I did it again. I want a solid aluminum front basket that somebody here took off to add a locked/covered case. If you've owned an Oliver for more than a couple of years, we all have stuff sitting on the shelf.
  6. I can tell you that this subject has already been discussed with some of the senior folks at Oliver. The reaction by Oliver has been "mixed" - but - in the final analysis there really is only one person who can make the Classified Section reappear. I'm sure that if a fairly good number of current owners would make it known to the powers that be (email, snail mail and/or personal requests at the Rally) the odds of getting it back would be greatly improved. Bill
  7. I hope that’s not just a threat! It would be great to see a ghost from the past during the Halloween season! Mossey
  8. Question two: now that you know that you can overflow the freshwater tank, I also use that bonus feature to refill the freshwater tank if needed. Mossey
  9. Could someone attending the upcoming 2026 Oliver Rally ask the Oliver folks: Now that Oliver is back to only selling from their facilities in TN (no retail RV companies), can the Classified section be reopened on the forum to allow used Oliver's to be advertised there,
  10. Let's chat at the rally. We travel a lot in the Ollie but we also travel a lot without it. Just returned from 2 weeks in Scotland, and getting ready to head to Yellowstone. Tim's Ford Lake is a beautiful area. There is at least one other couple we met down there (War Trace) with an Ollie. We'll look forward to meeting at Lake Guntersville. Bob
  11. You might want to call OTT and ask them how they would recommend to repair it. Jason Essary might be the best person to ask as he has been involved in production. (They may be hard to reach right now as they are getting ready for the Oliver Rally. @gorby:L It would be helpful for us to give you better answers, if you added to your signature line the year, hull number and model of your Oliver.
  12. @Townesw I can’t specifically remember at what point that photo was taken, but I *think* it was when the hoses were backwards. Question two: you are correct, and I was surprised the first time I used city water with a full fresh tank and heard water coming from the overflow. Question three: Correct. For us, the whole purpose of the diverter was to save tank capacity in either scenario. The whole bathroom re-plumbing was by far the best project I’ve done on Curiosity.
  13. It’s not a statement my p trap under the shower drain is disconnected I discovered that the connecting collar is broken very hard to get any ideas how to replace it
  14. question for the owners of the newer units with the updated AC's. Our 2018 LEII came with the std Dometic - loud as heck - really obnoxious when trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with the newer versions like the 48 v Houghton on the Apex, or the ones on the LEII. I must admit that Apex looks interesting. RB
  15. Thanks for the post! I just noticed you're a Nashville area couple. We are south of you, a bit, Tims Ford Lake area. I am going to visit the Oct rally to view the unannounced viewing of perhaps a redesign of the LE1. Having traveled about a lot with a LE II, we are considering the smaller unit - not sure on either. Just don't know which direction we will head - RV again or not, choice is such a pain.... ha. Honestly, as we enter the next decade or two, how we want to spend it is harder choice than one would think. But that's a subject for a much longer discussion!
  16. There was a prototype of the LE I with apex trim on the showroom floor this summer. They said there was no plan to take that to market though.
  17. @Steve Morris First question: If I correctly understand you in your posts following the post that included this picture, you say that your hot and cold lines are reversed in this picture. Is this correct? The plumbing would make better sense if your lines were reversed in that picture. @Steve Morris or @mossemi Second question: When running off the pump you are pulling water from the fresh tank and sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. In this (running off pump) scenario you are conserving fresh water and grey tank capacity. When running off city water you are still sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. If your fresh tank is already full the excess returned water will just go out the overflow? Third question: In the city water scenario you are only conserving grey tank capacity. Is this correct? Bill - 2018 Hull 313
  18. Harvest Hosts has been added to the Choice Hotels portfolio https://share.gemini.google/nuoBbPEPcPIw
  19. You will need to install a dedicated automatic transfer switch to be able to run the a/c off the batteries via the inverter and still be able to operate it when on shore power. No need to upgrade the inverter just to be able to run the unit in this manner. You will also need to install a shunt and fuse with the battery upgrade. Search ‘Ollie Modifications’ for owner write ups to glean information and install details. Here are a few pics on the required ATS to get you started: My install. Pic provided by another illustrating the wiring. ATS wiring diagram.
  20. Could be a coincidence. But there was once an old hull with an Air Fryer upgrade. 🤣
  21. Yeah after I wrote that I thought “nah, it’ll be an upgraded I”. But $2M?? I knew those molds are expensive but that is nuts. Well $500k per mold I guess makes more sense. You make a fiberglass one-off model (the ‘plug’ I think?), then build the fiberglass mold off that. Still seems high but what do I know … Edit: easier bet; first reveal will be at the Rally
  22. Yesterday
  23. Hi. Read through this forum. Use Google search: "Oliver trailers forum <insert your question here>." Tons of good information available.
  24. As @topgun2 suggests, I hope you come to the rally -- you will meet many happy Oliver owners, see personalized trailers, and OTT usually includes informational seminars by the Oliver team as well as some of the component manufacturers.
  25. The OTT website has been updated since I last looked and has a nice comparison of the different current models. I notice that OTT has picked up on some of the Oliver Owner's personal upgrades, which is neat (such as offering an air fryer in lieu of a microwave).
  26. If possible - try to attend the Oliver Owner's Rally. It's too late to register as a full participant, but, there is no reason that you can't attend many of the functions of the Rally to include visiting with current owners in the campground and touring the vendor area. Any of the Sales staff at Oliver will be happy to give you all the details. Bill
  27. I'd bet - the same size as the current Elite I. Simply put - with each of the four molds that it take to make any Oliver costing in excess of $2,000,000 (i.e. total cost would be in excess of $8,000,000) the cost of introducing a third size of travel trailer is simply too high. I'd also bet that similar to what has been done with the Elite II, a different model and/or trim level for the existing Elite I is behind that cover in the pic. Bill
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information