Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/18/2017 in all areas
-
My last day with the company was Friday the 13th of January. I would like to thank the Oliver family for my time with them and the company. The Oliver's are a great family and they take that over into their businesses. They treat their employee's as well as any good company I've ever worked for and would gladly work for them again in the future if possible. They take care in all the products they make and the Oliver Travel Trailer is no different. I can tell you from being deeply involved in the production to taking care of you the customers. Great care and thought goes into the product and they strive to make it the absolute best product on the market "Bar None". Great care also goes into customer service and they want the Ollie owner's to be happy and proud to show off their Ollie. They stand behind their product. How many companies really do that today? It's been great. I've enjoyed working with all of the customers and meeting a lot of the Ollie owners and becoming friends with them. If any of you are going to be in the Northeast area of Ohio, please look me up. My personal email is tommystaggs@hotmail.com and cell # 931-628-0170. Have a great day. Wishing everyone many great adventures. Sincerely, Tommy Staggs2 points
-
1. View tax - if they showed up to access when it looked like this, probably. I'm assessed 30k for my view as is (without crystals) 2. Very good. Yes, 1 1/2” sched 40 pvc, my opinion strong enough for possible snow load and for exactly all the reasons you listed. 3. Tax hit - If you look closely you'll see, behind the steps, I covered with corrugated metal, this was for a wind block under the deck, my next tax bill showed "lean-to" assessment $328 The guy down the street has that exact 5th wheel carport and is assessed almost $4000 every year for it.1 point
-
Yes, there is a center rafter that is included with the awning that is installed on the Oliver. You will not need another rafter for the Fiamma Privacy Room.1 point
-
Tommy It is employees like you that make a company great. I appreciate all that you have done for me and my little Ollie. I understand that you want to support your family and wish your wife and children the very best. God Bless you coy1 point
-
The rafter is an extra - there are a couple of different ones on their website - one is more of a bar that goes across the awning front to back. That one rests on the 'elbows' of the arms so to me it seems like it could damage them in a gust of wind.1 point
-
I'm leaning heavily towards the privacy room mainly for the extra room it provides for our 12 year old beagle, he gets restless and has to "find another place" to sit. Does the center rafter come with the awning? I to have had awnings bow in the middle from rain.1 point
-
From the Fiamma site. Q - Can I use my awning to protect me from the rain? A - Our awnings are designed to shelter you from the sun and not the rain. Therefore we highly recommend closing the awning in case of rain, snow or winds. In case of light to moderate rains, install the center rafter, lower one leg and raise the other to allow for water runoff. If it is raining hard enough for water to pool on the fabric, roll it in! Water pooling can stretch the fabric causing the awning not to close properly. Stretched or damaged fabric due to water pooling or any type of storm damage is not covered under warranty. So they highly highly recommend not leaving it up in the rain... Obviously it's not going to change anything other then you will be dry coming outside :) What happens with the rain is that it will pool on top, in the center of the awning, if it's left unattended and out flat on top. If the awning is left out without the center brace in and the water is allowed to pool on the awning, the pool will grow as the awning will start sagging deeper in the center to create it. The more the water, the more the sagging until you can actually have a deep pool of water up on top that can block the front door. So caution needs to be used in the rain and the center bar must be used along with one of the legs being shortened to increase the angle of the awning so that no rain can start pooling. I have seen more then 1 awning stretched out and ruined from water but these were caused by unforeseen circumstances. Once the water starts pooling, you need to have a ladder to bail it out if the pool is to big and heavy to push out... How do I know this? My son took his friends down to spend the weekend in my motor home years ago, and not being responsible, he put the awning out and left it when they were done. It rained hard that week and when I went down there to check on everything a few weeks later, I had a new bathtub, where my awning used to be. Once the water starts collecting in the center, all water flows to it as the rain continues... I couldn't even open the door and there was a few hundred pounds of water on top. It was amazing to see just how far the awning could stretch without pulling itself out of the mounts... Anyway, this was an extreme example for my son to learn and the awning never did roll back in after that. I learned my lesson as well because he later told me that he had lost his keys and that it had been him that broke a window to get in that day... I sure am glad that kids grow up :)1 point
-
Best of luck to you and your family Tommy. Thank you for help in getting to know our Oliver. Grayso and Ann1 point
-
Tommy, it has been great working with you and we will miss your assistance with our travel trailer. Best of luck in your new adventures.1 point
-
I will be happy to provide, but I'm now quite sure what measurements you need... We've never had any problem with anything moving around in there while we are traveling. Not saying it couldn't happen but there's really not anything that could get knocked loose. The 7-pin connector is secured with a large wire tie and there is not a reason I've found to need to access it very often. Since everything we store there (chocks and blocks) is subjected to the weather while in use we don't worry about moisture and corrosion. We like the two hatches for the ease of storing since there are chocks and blocks coming from and going to each side of the trailer. The 7-pin connector is already in the weather with no floor at all in that area so I guess (theoretically) it is actually some better off with the added protection of a mesh floor... just kidding.1 point
-
Buzzy, thanks for the inquiry and the interest. I did these mods to the basement a long time ago. Some were actually started during construction: Here you can see where we cut holes in the inside bottom shell to receive hatches (again, these are the same as that one in the bathroom.) The one in the rear under the nightstand is to access the basement. The one on the starboard side is to access the valves at the pump that control the alternate tank fill system and the valves at the floor that drain the water lines. The one on the port side is only to satisfy my OCD Libra need for everything to be symmetrical and balanced. I added two lights to the basement area. They are controlled by a set of 3-way switches, one located right inside the basement door: and the other located to the right of the interior hatch on the inside under the nightstand:1 point
-
When the Wynns did theirs they connected the gray and black together for more gray water capacity. I like this idea and it should not be too difficult a mod.1 point
-
Recent Achievements
