Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/23/2017 in all areas

  1. In addition to the one for the lugs on the Oliver I also carry a socket of the correct size for the lugs on the truck. I also have one specifically for the nut that attaches the hitch ball to the stinger and one that fits the sacrificial anode in the water heater. You would also find it handy to have a wrench large enough to hold the flats on the bottom of the hitch ball if you ever have to tighten the nut while on the road. Without said wrench it will be almost impossible to hold the ball in place while tightening the nut.
    2 points
  2. Reed, As I think you know, we live over near Gardnerville. I drive to Redwood City regularly and am always checking the passes. This has been an amazing year with all of the passes closing at times. Fun times. I love any extreme weather. Sounds like you are right in the thick of it. As far as the batteries are concerned, I wonder if you'd be more comfortable just connecting a battery tender to your rig? Just a couple of low amp 12 volt leads. I have some concern about leaving Ollie in the garage when we are not home. If something happened to the house we'd lose both. But outside, if there was a wildfire, that might take it out and I don't want it outside in the weather and the sun all the time. No perfect answer.
    1 point
  3. Every vehicle I own has one of these in the trunk or where-ever. It is extremely stout at full length, but telescopes to a compact length for storage. I strongly recommend this, just be careful tightening so you don't over do it. A torqye wrench is advised for that. One of the four sockets included will fit your Oillie, I think. https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Automotive-1721-Telescoping-Wrench/dp/B000CMJ2KU John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  4. Don't know about the detector, but the stereo/DVD player is drawing a bit to keep it's memory and an LED lit. I think the tank monitor/battery indicator panel is powered up too. When you are dry docked, can't you stay plugged in? That would be better for the batteries anyway. Otherwise the battery switch is a good plan. Fortunately, my Ollie is in the garage and plugged in. I can leave the fridge on and run lights etc.
    1 point
  5. Hi you guys ! It is indeed constantly powered up and a cut off switch would stop that.
    1 point
  6. Thanks, we just put in an order for delivery later this year. We can use all the help we can get.
    1 point
  7. The lug nuts on our trailer requires a 3/4" deep well socket; I suggest using a six point socket and I use a 25" breaker bar. The 8" extension will work with no problems, since I use a 6" extension.
    1 point
  8. If you look at the reviews then this one beats them all by far because it has the numbers. Randy's only has 27 total reviews, where the other has 180 over 4 stars out of 259 total and it is Amazon's #1 Best seller. Yea, some people have problems and fall off of ladders, we've all worked with that type of person before, or at least I have, many times... But with the few bad reviews compared to the vast majority, it looks like a good emergency ladder for under $50 bucks. I couldn't find one with a better load rating then this one at 330lbs and that's 80lbs more then the other. Then when you compare the price, it looks like this will be a good ladder for people who want to keep a spare in their closet... I've got ladders here at home that I use all of the time and personally, this kind of ladder isn't something that I can use because I weigh more then it's rated, but for the average person who doesn't have room to carry one in their tv, then either will do for an emergency ladder. I use the little giant style that I listed at the bottom and I'm wondering if it will fit behind the propane tanks outside? 259 reviews over 27 reviews is not really better rated is it?
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
    • DBL-R earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • GregCA went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Jcraig earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • OliverTheCountry earned a badge
      Week One Done
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information