Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/21/2017 in Posts
-
For those who use an iPad a very useful feature that some may not be aware of is how easy it is to use pdf and iBooks. I just went through an interesting learning experience getting my solar charging system back on line. Lots of good help from forum members. To keep all that exchange handy for quick retreival I sent the whole string to pdf like you would a printer and then filed it in my Oliver folder in iBooks. I use a Mini 4 iPad, an amazing little tool! George2 points
-
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/04/towing-here-are-safety-tips-and-tricks.html John Davies Spokane WA2 points
-
George, I almost forgot! Let me shed some light on a metric which you will observe on the “Battery Volt/Amp” screen. It is the “Amp” reading. You would expect to see a value which could resemble “+XX.XA”. This value can vary based on environmental conditions. I typically review this value during the day when the controller is regulating power to the batteries. The amps reading on this screen is the net charge amps going into the battery. So as an example, if the 320 watts of solar power is producing say about 18V, then 320W/18V= 17.78 amps. However; please keep in mind that in real world conditions, 320 watts of solar panels hardly ever produce their full power. Knowing how this value is determine and what you might expect, could help you identify a problem. Example being, a poor connection involving the shunt. In case you are at a cocktail party and the question comes up regarding the calculation of net charge amps, now you know! Aren’t solar systems fun?! ???? Buzzy2 points
-
George, I am glad to hear your solar system is working! Excellent work! Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the advantages of owning an Ollie is the community of owners. When you buy an Ollie, you don’t just buy a piece of camping equipment, you buy into a village of happy owners. Many of us enjoy learning new aspects of how our equipment works and then sharing that knowledge. It is in the sharing that our knowledge can transition into wisdom. With Blue Sky equipment, you have access to a whole set of metrics. The key is understanding when the metrics are indicating a problem. To add to the complexity, some metrics have prerequisites and can give a false positive until the system learns. The system can also experience multiple interventions which mask the corrections needed. Since you own AGM batteries, the following series of metrics may be of help. I like knowing these values since a can gather the data at night when the controller has gone to sleep. (I obtained this information from the engineer at Trojan Batteries.) For the AGM batteries, you should understand the following relationship between battery charge (capacity) and volt reading. 100% = 12.84, 75% = 12.54, 50% = 12.24, 25% = 11.94, 0% = 11.64. Your goal should be to keep your AGM batteries within the 100% to 50% range. I can tell you from first-hand experience it is possible to draw the battery charge (capacity) down to 8.1 volts. Since the controller requires a minimum of 9 volts to turn back on, how you resurrect the system can be a challenging experience. In other words, I would not recommend you try that aspect of knowledge acquisition. ???? Please feel free to circle back if questions/concerns arise. Have a great camping trip. I have fond memories of kayak camping the San Juan islands of Puget Sound. Beautiful section of the country! Buzzy2 points
-
Good news to report. It appears that the solar charging system is now working as it should. Here is a summary of what was done to resolve my problem: * charged up batteries to 100% with shore power * disconnected shore power * removed pva input power from the Blue Sky controller using red manual knob * removed battery power to Blue Sky controller with manual circuit breaker near the controller * verified 0 volts on battery side of controller * had 2 volts on pva side of controller, probably leakage through the switch or residual voltage in the controller * left it unpowered for about a minute * repowered battery side and then the pva side * then let it do its power up routine. It took a little time, maybe 2 minutes for things to stabilize and expected readings to return. * note: pv voltage with sun angle about 60 degrees from direct overhead and some clouds was 21.9. I have left the controller cover off and will monitor through out the day tomorrow before I put it back on. So far it is looking good! My thanks to Buzzy for providing technical guidance and encouragement to proceed with troubleshooting. I will provide an update if things change. On Monday we are heading out to Cape Disappointment state park in southwest Washington state for 3 nights, solar power or not, (50 amp power available). George2 points
-
I too would like to thank Buzzy for spearheading this discussion. I know that his knowledge was hard won out of necessity but it is totally unselfish of him to share it so graciously. And, while I'm at it, another big thanks goes out to Steve (Scubarx) for all his help and knowledge on similar items. Bill2 points
-
Buzzy- Thanks for posting all of this info. I haven't had any trouble with my BlueSky equipment, but if I do, this will be very helpful to look back to for reference.2 points
-
The Jack wouldn't move yesterday, the front fuse is fine, sent Jason an email, he said to check the fuse on the bus bar under the bed. Where exactly is this bus bar and fuse? Karen kept me out all day, so it's 7:30pm in Tennessee... So its to late to call Oliver... I'm asking because if I'm going to pull the whole bed apart I would like to know exactly what I'm looking for first. The schematic just shows it going to the bus bar but I don't see a normal fuse in the schematic. Is a slow blow fuse one that can be reset?1 point
-
Since I left Twist off at the Mother Ship for a bit of TLC on my way home from out West this summer, it was time to reunite and retrace a trip that my wife and I last took some 30 years ago. We arrived at the plant on Friday afternoon, October 7th at about 2:30pm not even thinking about the normal plant working hours (7am to 3pm). I simply can't say enough about both Justin and Dusten. They were just about the last people there and simply didn't hesitate to make sure that all was well prior to waving goodbye (at just about 5pm!). All the folks at Oliver have always impressed me but these guys went well above the call of duty. They even thought ahead and already had the fridge cooling down for us! After a quick trip to say hello to Anita (yes, she was still there on a late Friday afternoon) and a stocking trip to WalMart we were off the Fall Hollow to see about our reserved camping spot. Unfortunately, they were very busy - (it was Octoberfest weekend in Hohenwald) - and eventually they informed me that even though they remembered speaking with me on the phone, they had no reservation for me. While not too happy with this once again I quickly realized the beauty of the Oliver. With a little water (which Fall Hollow provided) we could camp anywhere - and, we did. The added benefit was that instead of paying Fall Hollow $35 for the night, my cost was $0. On Saturday morning, at the suggestion of Anita, we avoided Route 20 due to the traffic caused by the numerous garage sales of Octoberfest and took Claude Carroll Road off Route 412 to Route 20 (note that the normal entrance to the Natchez Trace was closed to South bound traffic due to bridge construction). Then we took a left on Route 20 a short way to the Natchez Trace and the Meriwether Lewis Monument site at mile post 385.9. Because we were relatively early there were few people there and were able to speak extensively with both of the Park Rangers on duty. We learned ten times more about Meriwether Lewis than we knew before - these two really knew their stuff. Then we were off towards The Parkway Visitor's Center, Tupelo and The Campground At Barnes Crossing. This Good Sam campground was very nice, but, if you are there on a weekend make sure to phone ahead for reservations (if you stay here, be sure to ask about the Clydesdale over in the horse pen) . Just before you get to the Parkway's Visitor's Center (assuming that you are headed south) be sure to look for the Confederate Grave Sites at mile post 269.4 That night at the suggestion of one of the Park Rangers, we drove about 2 miles from the campground to the Blue Canoe tavern. If you are VERY hungry and like burgers, try the "Smash burger". Also the sweet potato fries are excellent. On Sunday morning after church (just down the road from the Blue Canoe for Catholics) there was an IHOP for breakfast. Also note that there are all types of "chain" eateries and a mall, etc. along this short stretch of road. Then it was back on the Trace. Since the Trace was originally a trail developed by the Native Americans, it is not surprising that there are several "Mounds" to visit along the way. Bynum Mound and Village site at mile post 232.4, Pharr Mounds at mile post 286.7 and Emerald Mound at mile post 10.0 are samples. If you can only stop at one of these, make it Emerald Mound. An early stop for the evening found us at mile post 193.1 and the Jeff Busby Campground. Of the two Park Service campgrounds we stayed at, this was by far the nicest. Reasonably clean restrooms are available along with a few spigots from which you can fill your fresh water tank. There is a nice fairly short trail to hike to one of the highest points in Mississippi (603 feet). The next morning we are off to mile post 180.7 and the log cabin village of French Camp. These cabins were constructed in the 40s - the 1840's that is. At mile post 122 you will find the Tupelo-Baldcypress Swamp. Even though this swamp showed the effects of the Eastern drought, there was still water in it. Other than a fairly sizable snake skin that we saw beside the trail, there were no noticeable signs of alligators. We decided to stay at the Rocky Springs campground at mile post 54.8 for the night. Campgrounds run by the Park Service on the Trace are free. This is a good thing since they have not been maintained very well. It is advertised that these campgrounds do not have electric, water, or sewer - there are toilet facilities, but, if you look carefully near the restrooms you will find a water spigot from which you can fill your fresh water tank and then proceed to a site. As a general comment: we found that the entire Trace was in need of care. Certainly the road itself is in very good shape, however, some of the exhibits were in need of help and there was not a single trail or exhibit that was free of litter or in need of maintenance (note the bottom of the information sign for Emerald Mound above). Unfortunately, this seems to be the general state of many of our National Parks. After a nice peaceful night we drove just down the Trace to the "Sunken Trace" at mile post 41.5. A short five minute walk takes you to a short section of the original Trace that is deeply eroded. Just can't imagine hiking this back in the day without Gore-Tex rain gear, Deet, lack of an Oliver, snakes, unfriendly Indians, bandits, etc. Wanting to take a stroll around downtown Natchez, we headed to Natchez State Park for an early check-in - about 8 miles outside of the town of Natchez. This is a very nice State Park located on a fairly sizable lake. All the sites have water and electric and are on concrete pads. The restrooms/shower houses are clean, air conditioned and have plenty of hot water. It was also pleasant to have a quick lunch down by the lake prior to heading into town. All of this and a quiet night for $13 - there is some benefit for being of age. We finally found the Natchez Visitors Center - note that it is a few miles off the Natchez Trace and fairly difficult to find - be sure to ask for directions or do your research first! This is a very nice facility with very helpful people. They will be sure to help guide you towards those things that might interest you. We just wanted to take a walk around downtown and see what has happened in the past 30 years. While there are certainly some bright spots and it appears that the locals have tried to "spiff" things up, it still could use a bunch of work. However, given the nice day, we had fun strolling the pre-planned walking tour, reading the signs describing the various buildings and just generally being tourists. Even though it was a bit early 4:45pm on our way out of town we stopped at The Pig Out Inn BBQ. This is not so much of an Inn as it is a hole in the wall. The menu is fairly limited, but, if pulled pork BBQ and a beer is what you desire then make plans to stop here no matter the time of day. If you are a light eater, you might want to share that sandwich - you can always get another one. The next morning it was off to New Orleans. But, I'll write up that part later. I've only highlighted some of the places we stopped - there are many more. A fairly good quick quide is "Camping Road Trip along the Natchez Trace Parkway" by Anna Sibal and Julian Fenn. Just Google it. Bill1 point
-
As our community of owners grows, I can see the need to examine our topic headings to facilitate easy retrieval. That realization hit home when Jason created a separate heading for the Oliver Technical Service Bulletins. What a great approach! No need to dig through multiple topics or engage the search function. Are there other headings needed? What about a separate heading for videos, Word documents, etc.? Not sure if our Forum Moderators can create new headings for us. Seems we are constantly welcoming new owners, which is a good thing, and they frequently have the same questions/concerns as previous owners. I am not sure if our headings or subheadings are as helpful as they could be. As a contributing member on our Forum, I struggle to find my own previous postings which might help new owners. The postings are all there, they just get buried under a topic heading which is not always what would be my search topic. Oh well, maybe it is just me. Buzzy1 point
-
Tomorrow Carole & I get to see a 2017 LE2 up close and personal. Thanks to the referral program and good hearted owners, we will be driving a couple of hours north of us courtesy of Stan & Linda, Hull#201. As I have revealed we began with smaller fivers, then looked at bigger fivers, found 1 or 2 that we loved but the lure of the well engineered f/g egg has brought us back. Whatever concerns we have can be addressed by a tour. At least we are settled on 1 thing. We don't want a large unit. We want mobility, ease of travel, quality, and flexibility. We think Oliver can fill our needs. Our short list is getting shorter and tomorrow will add much to the decision process. Thanks Stan & Linda!1 point
-
One other thing about the Blue Sky system. Last week we spent four delightful days boondocking on BLM land on the Colorado River outside Moab. There would be no shore power, so before the trip I wanted to be sure that I understood the Blue Sky controller, so I could verify that it was charging correctly. Reading through the manual was tough, but I found the Blue Sky web site has good videos. http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com/faq/ The Programming Your IPN Pro Remote video was especially helpful for me. Note the Chapters button just to the left of the full screen button, that allows you to jump to the section you want. David1 point
-
Buzzy, Thanks for posting these numbers. Before I ordered my 2016 Elite II, I did research on batteries, and ended up ordering the AGM battery upgrade. During my research I found a good web site http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm and they had a nice printable table for Voltage vs State of Charge http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/voltchart1.gif, and I posted it inside the pantry door. The numbers on my printed table are quite different from your numbers. I searched the internet, and mostly found the same data as in my chart. However, when I looked at the Trojan Battery web site, I found your numbers for their AGM batteries. http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/TrojanBattery_UsersGuide.pdf. Importantly, the numbers at the critical 50% point are quite different for deep cycle (12.06) vs. AGM (12.24). I made new table in the same green / yellow / red style, if anyone with AGM batteries wants to print it out. Thanks again, Buzzy, David1 point
-
I was leaving the gym in Holly Springs, MS about 4:30 pm yesterday, October 30th. As I went out the door, I looked across I-22 (Hwy 78) and saw what appeared to be an Ollie circling the Walmart parking lot. I naturally had to investigate. I drove to Walmart and found the Ollie there. It was a brand new Hull 199 headed home to Texas. I flagged Don and Ginger down and they stopped to see what I wanted. I could see there concern as I walked up..likely wondering..."what is this guy doing? Is he going to chase us off?". I introduced myself, and soon learned that they had misgivings about spending the night at this particular Walmart. (It is an older store, in a poor neighbrhood, closes early, and has zero security). I told them that I didn't blame them, but could really only recommend one parking spot nearby-my house. So I brought them home, alerting the wife by phone as we caravaned. Spent a few hours with the new owners, talking towing, hitching, campsites, discount clubs, and reviewing the upgrades Ollie has made since manufacture of my Hull 64. Such a fun evening welcoming new family members into our (yours and my) Ollie family and our (my) home. By the way, I was most impressed with all I have learned since I picked up my Ollie (from Trumpet Guy) in Sept 2016. Good luck, Don and Ginger!1 point
-
Reed, there is a multipage thread on the Natures Head toilet and it is quite clear that Oliver will not delete the unused black tank and plumbing and install additional fresh in its place. I plan to re-task mine eventually for additional fresh water capacity, and I would prefer that it remains as virginal as possible until then... with no interaction with nasty moisture venting from my composting toilet. I was told by the Service Dept via Anita in Sales that the NH vent "connects to the black vent". What I don't know is what else they do to the system. I don't plan on blowing up my tank, but there should be no loopholes in a system design that would allow that to happen in the first place. Murphy's Law and all that. Thanks for the pic and comments. John Davies Spokane WA1 point
-
It's the switch. It was loose so I turned it back and forth, tried tightening it by hand and now it works again. I still need to pull it and fix it but it's working and we're off to Yosemite tomorrow.1 point
-
Bad news in the west. The solar charger only works when the top/control panel is removed from the box. When it is put back into the box it stops working. I have duplicated this several times. All connections seem to be good. I have an e mail into Blue Sky Tech Support to get their input. More when it happens... George1 point
-
I used to do the iTunes sync thing too but too cumbersome for my short attention span. I also have the large iPad Pro if I want to duplicate something as a back up, and for viewing stuff in more detail. My Macbook Pro gets turned on around tax season, otherwise it is all iPad for me. Well, that and my iPhone 6 plus.1 point
-
I do the same. I tried renaming them, so as to group them by title: "RV - 2017 Oliver Elite II Owners Manual". "RV - Trailer wiring harness schematic" Works well within my iPad, but the name change is NOT saved when you sync with iTunes, so the value is pretty much lost. The only way to make the name change permanent is to move the files to a separate folder on your computer, rename them there, delete all the original files from iTunes, then move the renamed ones back in. My iPad is really crippled compared to my iMac. I love Apple products, but sometimes their stupid software "features" makes me spit flame.... iTunes (and iBooks) especially. John Davies Spokane WA1 point
-
We have one of those covers on our front jack. It works well to protect it from the weather. It's 18 months old now and starting to show signs of UV damage.(faint cracking) Will replace at the end of this season.1 point
-
I'll pull the cover tomorrow and see if I can either fix or bypass it. If twisting the wires together works, then I will at least be back up to ghetto... Lol.1 point
-
Hi, Reed. Our switch took seven years to die, but needed rocking for three. Did you try that? I don't even know if they still use the barker jacks, but that weather proof casing on ours was really sensitive, years ago. We replaced that, too. Sometimes, we'd pull it apart a time or three, and it would work with a good connection. Also, there is a ground to the frame from the front jack, somewhere, as I remember. You may want to see if you can find that before you give up and go to the manual mode... Any ideas from new trailer owners,? Our trailer is 9 years old.... As is the jack. Sherry1 point
-
Pete, I fondly remember those early days. We didn't do any of the above, though I certainly would recommend it. As it turned out, the hitch installer on our Volvo drilled into the battery, creating a mystery of why our rear lights didn't work at pickup. The Oliver team figured it out, we got a new battery at Walmart, with a ride from one of the guys. We left late, my brother had plane reservations the next day,vso we booked it for the panhandle at nine at night, or so. Btw, the rocket rest stop near Huntsville AL is really a sight to see. Fortunately , pretty much all was well with our trailer. We however camp several times a year within 300 miles of the factory, so not a big issue for us. If it were a three day drive, I'd hang within a hundred miles or so for the first four days, and check it all out. Honestly, I love camping in Tennessee, anyway. Beautiful state. Enjoy it. And, take tick meds for your dog. Same as in North Carolina. We don't have problems in more urban Florida, but you may find them in the middle states. Sherry1 point
-
We have the older, little trailer, but two things on the front jack could be a problem. You've probably tried these, but... The momentary switch sometimes doesn't want to work in one direction, but will in the other. I flip up, then back, a few times. I think dust or a little bit of moisture? We had to replace the switch on our front jack after seven years. The pull apart weather proof casing on the front jack has to be perfectly tight. We actually used to leave it just a 32nd apart as a deterrent to fiddlers..If we had to leave the trailer unattended a few days.. At least on the old ones. Sherry1 point
-
The older units had a fuse at the front jack AND a fuse in the panel. The rear jacks were fused at the panel. Downside is they are not slow-blows in the panel. Currently, each jack is individually fused at the jack. Now, that being said the power has to come from somewhere. From your diagram it appears to be additionally fused at the buss bar under the street side bed. Do your other two jacks work? Have you checked for 12v on the hot side of the wire at the front jack? To see the buss bar you will have to raise the mattress to gain access to the forward hatch.1 point
-
The slow blow on the older units are not resettable, they are also with their respective jack and are inline fuses. According to the drawing they would be under the street side bed, again no bus bar there on the older ones, that's where are my solar controller is. The nice part to that setup would be that it one is blown, at least you can just swap it out with one of the others close by to make it easier.1 point
-
GrayGhost, Thank you for your comments! I do hope any readers of this thread understand I absolutely love both the Blue Sky equipment and my Ollie. As an owner coming up on my one year anniversary, I am discovering how two aspects of camping can result in 95% of my maintenance issues. The first is environmental conditions such as; sun, salt, dust, rain, etc. You cannot avoid these and still have fun, so you just need a plan for preventive or ongoing maintenance. The second aspect pertains to the “rocking and rolling down the road”. Unless you plan to camp in a Walmart parking lot the rest of your life, you will cause a jarring effect on the Ollie components. This aspect can have multiple examples, but in the Blue Sky equipment the loose wire I discovered could be directly related to my love of traveling on dirt roads with pot holes. Keep in mind, I do not expect OTT to be able to discover these kind of issues, nor are they usually related to poor design within the components. For me, they are just aspects of enjoying camping! Like a full belly after eating a pound of bacon washed down with a six pack of Rebel IPA! ???? Buzzy1 point
-
Back in the Day when there were only a dozen or so owners, we used to be able to camp inside the factory if we were having some work done on our happy little 17 footers (which are now called 18.5 footers due to the tounges we extended). It was surreal being able to wander amongst the crates of supplies and the handful of Ollies that might be in gestation. It was during one of those wanderings that the Technomadias came upon a box of silver support poles which were clearly marked "Stripper Poles", letting us know someone indeed was reading our cavalier banter on the forums. Well, things have moved along and tightened up a bit (which they probably should have) so alas, those serendipitous finds are not in the cards anymore. Sigh. It would be prudent to stay in the local area two nights so the rapid response team could help ensure your Ollie is the best it can be before you roll home.1 point
-
Hi Jason, Thank you for initiating a very helpful blog! The following ideas may be of help. 1. I have the EZ-Flex installed so I add grease to each fitting. 2. I like to inspect the metal connections on the 7-pin trailer connector and treat with Permatex dielectric grease. 3. To lessen the work involved in removing dead bugs from the front of the trailer, I treat with CorrosionX 61002 Rejex. 4. To minimize any issues with the four exterior locks, I treat each cylinder with AGS LE5 Lock Ease. 5. To lessen any issues with the black and grey tank valves, I treat with Cameo 40246 TST Drain Valve Lube. 6. I use a new Cameo 40043 TastePURE Water Filter each spring. 7. After a harsh New England winter, I inspect each porch light gasket and treat with Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure. 8. I use Boeshield T-9 Waterproof Lubrication to protect the rims against corrosion. It also helps lubricate the front steps, door hinges and window slides. I could keep going, but at least this is a few additional ideas regarding my spring prep routine. Buzzy1 point
-
Another thing to consider if you plan on going is if you do installs, you could set it up to take appointment times to install the easy start for people attending the rally. I'm sure that you could book yourself as solid as you want to before the rally.1 point
-
On to New Orleans (part deux): After a nice evening at Natchez State Park we were up fairly early and on the road for the drive (about 6 hours) down to New Orleans. With the exception of the last 15 miles or so while driving within the New Orleans city limits, the drive was reasonably pleasant. Given that it is just about the closest campground to the French Quarter we had made reservations at the Jude Travel Park (7400 Chef Menteur Hwy) with a Good Sam rate of $30 per night. The neighborhood is not the best and when I drove up to the gate I was thinking that this just might not be such a good idea. However, there was a hot tub, a pool and the showers were clean and best of all Marla (the owner) was extremely nice and just full of knowledge about the town, places to eat, things to see and do, etc. The campground even offers a private shuttle service (for $5 per person one way) to the French Quarter and back. This is about half the price of a taxi and a few dollars less than parking. Site number 28 is just about the best in that there are trees for shade. After setting up camp we decided to try out Marla's shuttle service to the French Quarter. Not much has changed in the 30 years since we were last here. Still crowded with the same "interesting" aromas - definitely a party place. But the architecture is still interesting as is the history and food and drink. The next morning we drove over to the City Park where we found "The Morning Coffee Stand" near the Art Museum (be sure to ask for directions before you go or set your GPS for N29degrees 59minutes07.5 by W 090degrees05minutes41.6) and had our fill of beignets. Without the tourists and noise of Café du Monde in the French Quarter we enjoyed our coffee and obligatory beignets in a much nicer and more peaceful setting. We then headed to the National World War II museum(at 945 Magazine Street). Parking here in the blocks surrounding the Museum is designated as "premium", but, if you park a block and a half away the price is somewhat cheaper. We were told that the museum could take anywhere from 1/2 day to two days to see, so, even though we had stopped for coffee we were still there early. This is also a good idea to avoid some of the crowds that seem to gather from about 10am on. The admission price of $17 (senior and veteran price) seemed a bit high, but, was well worth it. After getting our tickets and having a short wait for our "train" was had the treat of seeing a Medal of Honor winner! This is one heck of a museum! Certainly it could take all of two days to see, read, hear and look at all of the things on display. However, knowing that we were on a bit of a schedule, we left the museum at around 3pm, headed over to the St. Charles Street Car line and headed to the Garden District. The one way fare is $.40 (senior rate) and exact change is required or you can purchase a pass for $3.00 and ride public transportation for the entire day. Once down in the Garden District we took out the self guided walking tout that Marla had given us and started walking. Anne Rice's house, Payton Manning's place, Nicholas Cage, the lead singer for Nine Inch Nails (everyone knows him don't they?) and the place where Jefferson Davis died plus a bunch more are all there. Back on the streetcar to the museum, a bite to eat, get the truck and head back to Jude Travel Park for the night. On our final day we once again headed to the French Quarter and drove to a parking lot just outside the Quarter that Marla recommended. No problems getting there or parking - (they accept credit cards via a machine) - a walk on the Moon walk and Riverside walk and then from one end of the Quarter to the other. A late lunch at the Napoleon House ( reasonable menu at reasonable prices) and then back to walking. Once we were "dog tired" we headed back to camp. The next morning we took our time packing up for the trip home. Being either a hard one day (12 hours) or an easy two days, we decided to take the two days of mostly Interstate driving to get to Western North Carolina. Unfortunately, at about the half way point of the drive we picked a campground at random called "Lakeside RV Park" in Opelika, Alabama. This was perhaps the worse RV park I've ever stay at. Certainly should have looked around a bit more before handing over my $40! Do not even think about using the shower house or restrooms! Good weather, great food and drink, history, architecture, a great Oliver, what more could one want for a final trip of the season? Bill1 point
-
Recent Achievements
