Jump to content

topgun2

Moderators
  • Posts

    7,789
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    467

Everything posted by topgun2

  1. Jason Wamsley is aware of the problem and is working on it. Bill
  2. Kim & David - I can feel the excitement in our words! And, rightfully so. Since your delivery date is only 56 days away, I will still be in Idaho. Just about as soon as I return from the West, we will be headed to the South Carolina beaches for a bit of sun and surf. By the middle to end of September I will be back in town for at least a month or so and you two will have just about everything sorted out. However, my offer still stands - if there is anything that I can do or help with just let me know. Bill p.s. I will send you a PM so that you can see a bit of how that works.
  3. I resemble that kind of remark!
  4. Andrew - The surge protector that is included with the Oliver is made by Progressive Industries. There is no need for an additional surge protector unless you have an overwhelming desire to contribute to the profits of whatever company makes the second unit. I'm not the guy to answer the generator question in that I simply do not use one. However, even if there were to be a "problem", I understand that the problem is with a grounding issue that is simply taken care of with a fairly inexpensive adaptor. Bill
  5. Sure would be nice if that over fed fellow would come over and wash mine for me. Bill p.s. I like the ladder - is it stable even when most of the weight is near the wheel side?
  6. Kim & David - Now that you are on board we have just about all corners of this mountain covered in Ollies. I really didn't enjoy the wait and it seemed like a very long winter between the order and the pickup. However, it certainly was worth it. If you ever plan to get over here on the south side of the mountain send me a PM and hopefully we can get together. Bill
  7. Mark - Vice-grips are always "sexy" - at least for you guys from Montana! Bill
  8. Roguebooks - Over the years I've done a bunch of plumbing repairs but have never been very happy with the process. With plumbing, sometimes you have to really put pressure on whatever it is you are putting together in order to get rid of a leak. Other times just hand tight is the order of the day. One minute the leak appears to be fixed and the next minute it is back again. Water can be frustrating! Good job on getting the problem fixed and for the nice write-up on how you did it. Bill
  9. Here in the mountains of Western North Carolina, this has been the wettest MONTH on record with some areas receiving as much as 30 inches of rain is just the past two weeks. Flooding, mud slides, people killed due to falling trees, etc., etc. The good news is that a break is finally forecast for this coming weekend.
  10. Steve & John - While I like the simple idea of a using a bolt to prevent this tray from sliding, it does have its (potential) drawbacks. For those of us that still have the regular lead acid batteries it would be simpler to have an easily removable piece of hardware as opposed to the bolt. Obviously the problem is finding that piece of hardware given the relatively limited space available for it and not wanting any more movement in either the hardware or the tray than necessary. Once I get Twist back out of storage prior to this summer's Western fishing trip, I'll try a couple of things that might work in that space (wing nut, bolt drilled for a small hitch pin/clip, etc.). If not, there is always the bolt thing that you guys have used - thanks! Bill
  11. Mike & Krunch - Ya got some pics of the outdoor shower setup to post under a new thread? I've got an external shower tent that I use with a solar shower and have been thinking about ways to do a shower enclosure on the side of the Oliver. Bill
  12. Steve - Got a picture of that mod? Bill
  13. Nope - no trimming necessary. However, it is a fairly snug fit. Really not bad except for when it is time to leave camp. One must be a bit careful to back off the levelers far enough so that you can remove them from under the wheels, but, not back off so far that the leveler in between the wheels gets "trapped". Bill
  14. One of my favorite Roseanne Cash songs!
  15. I'm guessing that these Andersen's are a bit lighter than wood - but at that price I think that I'll take the chance with termites. On the other hand, the Andersen ramps are great!
  16. Major chops to each person above! This is a great example of what Oliver people and this Forum are all about. Charitable, concerned about others and willing to share information. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of the world worked this way? Bill
  17. OK everyone, you are driving me crazy! So little time to listen to all this good stuff. This is still one of my favorites - shame she had to die at so early of an age. Bill
  18. topgun2

    Newbee

    Wade - The answer to your question is simple - go take a physical look at both and make your decision. Obviously most of the people on this Forum chose the Oliver and we think that you will too for the same rational reasons we did. Enjoy the ride! Bill
  19. George - Rock damage - I believe that you are correct regarding John's solution, but then again, not many owners are doing what John is doing. There are a number of threads on the Forum regarding both temporary and more permanent solutions to this problem. Mattress upgrade - Since my Oliver is a 2016 model I do not have the current or even any aftermarket mattress upgrades. However, I did get the mattress upgrade that was available at the time directly from Oliver just for one side (twin bed model). While the standard cushions are adequate for a week or so, I'm very happy that I got the upgrade given that I'm on the road for as much as 12 to 15 weeks at a time, usually not with my wife along. According to the folks at Oliver, there is simply not enough ventilation space in the microwave compartment for a convection oven. Toilet - the black tank remains in its present location but is not used. Batteries - the answer to this question is - it depends. If you are getting the solar option then the four batteries are just about a done deal. If you don't want the solar and if you are frugal on energy and/or take short trips (3 or 4 days at a crack) or are plugged into shore power virtually all the time, then, the standard two would probably be enough. However, it sure is nice to not have to worry about running out of electric juice when you have the solar and the four batteries. After the initial 12 month bumper to bumper warranty ran out I have had virtually no repairs - just normal stuff like re-packing the wheel bearings and greasing the EZ-Flex suspension. 2nd awning - if you intend to spend a fair amount of time in very sunny/hot areas then give the second awning a serious look (I'm thinking desert southwest here). If not, skip it - you can always add it later fairly easily. Is that all you've got? Bill
  20. In just over a month (July 5th) from now I will be leaving the mountains of Western North Carolina for two months of fly fishing in the mountains of Idaho. If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to Private Message me. Welcome to our world! Bill
  21. Just to sort of put a period at the end of this "zerk" sentence - I finally got around to taking a look at the original Zerk that I replaced. There was no sign of any foreign material inside it, but, when I applied pressure to the inlet, the little ball bearing seal simply would not release. So, I got an appropriate sized nail punch, applied pressure and still no give - a light tap with a small hammer was what it took to get any movement. However, now it appears that this zerk is back to working as "normal". I'm not sure what got it stuck but it works now. Bill
  22. Darn it! I was hoping for sun spots.
  23. I would guess that this is the location of a planned hook-up from a generator (either placed in the basket or the back of a truck) to the Ollie. Bill
  24. Interesting that each of you chose a different side of the screen door to install the handle.
  25. Ken_Judy, Sounds like a great plan! Congrates! There's a bunch to do between now an September and the Fall on the East coast in your new Oliver should be fantastic. Enjoy the ride. Bill
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information