-
Posts
826 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Steve Morris last won the day on August 23
Steve Morris had the most liked content!
About Steve Morris
My Info
-
Gender or Couple
Male
-
Location
Northern Ohio
- Website
My RV or Travel Trailer
-
Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
I own an Oliver Travel Trailer
-
Hull #
1360
-
Year
2023
-
Make
Oliver
-
Model
Legacy Elite II
-
Floor Plan
Twin Bed Floor Plan
-
What model is your other RV or Travel Trailer?
Hiker 5X8 Highway Deluxe Squaredrop
Recent Profile Visitors
Steve Morris's Achievements
-
Touch up for INTERIOR caulk filled holes
Steve Morris replied to ScottyGS's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Here ya go. Cheaper than touch-up paint or new caulk, and an outdoor camping experience to boot! https://a.co/d/074EF7vg I had these in my bedroom as a kid, and it was the first thing that came to mind. Not actually helpful, but they might be a distraction. š -
Used Oliver advertisements Return to the Oliver Forum
Steve Morris replied to dewdev's topic in General Discussion
When we first joined the forum and had not yet decided to splurge for a new trailer, the used forum was very helpful. Not only did we see that there was relatively low owner turnover, but also that almost any trailer being sold was due to the ownerās age and/or health problems. Not customer dissatisfaction. Thatās built in advertising right there. Plus, you could look at the ownerās previous posts to see in they made modifications, had problems, or complained about quality or customer service. I think having the forum benefitted the seller, the potential buyer, and Oliverās reputation. -
Upgraded Shower and Bathroom Access Hatch
Steve Morris replied to NCeagle's topic in Ollie Modifications
@Townesw I canāt specifically remember at what point that photo was taken, but I *think* it was when the hoses were backwards. Question two: you are correct, and I was surprised the first time I used city water with a full fresh tank and heard water coming from the overflow. Question three: Correct. For us, the whole purpose of the diverter was to save tank capacity in either scenario. The whole bathroom re-plumbing was by far the best project Iāve done on Curiosity. -
StarLink mini with StarLink router mini.
Steve Morris replied to 2008RN's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
They hinge this opening from the factory now? If so, that's an interesting change. Mine from early 2023 is screwed in. I added an AC outlet in the panel, plugged into that same outlet. And a DC outlet wired and fused to the fringe power. There's very little gap behind the table when folded down and latched, so I had to recess the outlets. Sue was a handy addition. -
I don't *think* the 2022 models had the Victron charge controller yet. Our early 2023 was supposedly the first year they became standard equipment, but some 2022 models had 2023 components early. When I was first investigating upgrades, I considered moving the external solar port wires over to the inbuilt charge controller. Then run the two solar arrays in parallel. The first obstacle, was of course the amperage/voltage limitations of the charge controller. I'd need to swap to a larger model to get what I wanted. But more importantly, and something I was not aware of, is that the 2023 rooftop panels are 400W at a rated 24V DC, not 12V. And when I checked Victron's site for information, I learned that mixing panel voltages causes the charge controller to default to the lower voltage. So the 24V 400W panels would be operating at 12V 400W instead. As have many others here, I elected to temporarily build a portable box with an appropriately sized Victron charge controller, fuse, etc., and plug that into the external solar port. My intention is to eventually replace the SAE type port with an Anderson plug, and run a second internal charge controller, allowing me to use the full output of my 400W 24V DC rooftop panels, and my three 200W 12V DC portable panels.
-
StarLink mini with StarLink router mini.
Steve Morris replied to 2008RN's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Note that the Mini came with two different socket sizes since its release. Pucks are not interchangeable between the early ant later versions. I use this to mount my Mini on an old unused camera tripod. https://a.co/d/00vsLugU -
Unhelpful Update: we just arrived home, and everything works again. š Weāre starting a barn build tomorrow (unfortunately not for Curiosity due to allowable square footage), but when I get a chance, Iāll track down what has to be a loose connection. Thanks for the help, and an update will follow as more information becomes available.
-
Copy/pasting reply from FB Thanks John. Weāre only out for a few days, so Iām going to wait until we get home to try tracking down the fault with my good meter instead of the $10 travel one. I know the fuse is good, because the other lights on the circuit work. Yes, the blue indicator light are what Iām referring to, plusās the upper cabinet lights. Itās most likely a wire disconnected somewhere. I had the switch panel by the door out, and the access port behind. Tugging on wires didnāt result in anything loose, but it could also be a bad switch. Itās just odd that some indicator lights work and others donāt. And on that the indicators that donāt work, the device they operate do function correctly except the upper cabinets. They all worked two days ago, so something bounced loose or failed while on the road.
-
Three years ago I wired my LevelMate Pro to the always hot Street Awning switch, and that has worked fine until yesterday. After a drive to our accommodations for the weekend, the LevelMate wouldnāt power up. But the awning did. So apparently, I hooked into the indicator light terminal on the awning switch. Then I realized that several of the switch indicator lights didnāt work, nor did the lights in the upper cabinets. But other indicator lights do work, as do the closet outdoor, and cabinets lights and other interior lights. So, I figured a wire on the indicator light circuit pulled loose, but after pulling out that messy jumble of wires behind the switch panel, I canāt find anything loose. And that wouldnāt explain the cabinet lights not working. The fuse is fine, and is the same fuse as the other cabinet lights. This led me to the possibility that either the indicator lights, the upper cabinet lights, or both, are run in series instead of parallel, like on those impossible to fix Christmas tree lights. The wiring diagrams I have do not go into that detail. Has anyone had upper cabinets light or indicator light problems, and can steer me as to where to look? It isnāt trip critical; just an inconvenience. Iām rewiring the Level Mate to the other leg of the switch. Thanks for any suggestions
-
Air Head Tejo - Out with the Flush
Steve Morris replied to Half Fast Hugo's topic in Ollie Modifications
Thanks for the details. As Iād mentioned on the FB group, this is the toilet weāve been considering. I like how you vented it vs what Iād talked about by tying into the black vent. How is the height compared to the OEM flush toilet! Weāre both somewhat short. Donāt want legs dangling like a little kid. -
Pepwave Cellular Router and not the common install
Steve Morris replied to jd1923's topic in Ollie Modifications
Iām not Ron, but I asked the same question before. It is from Flagpole Buddy, and you need the Airstream version with adjustable angle suction cups. They went on sale last Black Friday. https://flagpolebuddy.com/products/ols/products/airstream-suction-cup-mount-kit-g2-g3-g5-or-mini-adapter-poles-mounts-cable-clamps-pole-bag/v/106967-MN -
A friend of ours frequently uses an outdoor shower with his teardrop trailer. He has something similar to this underneath to direct the water away from the trailer, and to keep the shower pan clean. Another simply uses a teak shower mat similar to the ones many of us use inside the trailer. I think I'd prefer the first option, so as to not need to store a wet, dirty platform somewhere onboard. https://a.co/d/06PyWIjw
-
Elite 1 reasonably towable with 2026 4Runner?
Steve Morris replied to JackStraw's topic in Towing an Oliver
Unless the new 4Ruuner has a *lot* more oomph than my2016 4.0 six cylinder, Iād say nope! Youāll be at or near cargo capacity with the back of the 4R empty. Mine was woefully underpowered with a 3000 pound trailer. Iām currently in a V8 200 series Land Cruiser, and āadequateā is generous with the EII trailer. Iād never go near the western mountains. Maybe switch up to a V8 Tundra or Sequoia? Friends tow their EI with the new Tundra with zero issues. -
We were in the first one sold in January, at the Eggs 'n Smores rally in Florida. The layout is nice, and seems spacious. It obviously isn't Oliver quality, but the one we were in was fully loaded at $59,000 if I remember correctly. The new owner said that a twin bed version was under consideration. When we were shopping, in 2021-2022, the Oliver was beyond our financial reach, and we were looking at Casitas and Escapes. It took selling a number of vehicles and toys to finally afford the Oliver, so if this Casita 24 had been available then, it's probably the direction we would have gone instead. No regrets, and we clearly love our Oliver. It was just a stretch that we might not have made at the time.
-
2022 Lexus GX 460 pulling an Oliver Elite 2?
Steve Morris replied to Douglas-Stickler's topic in General Discussion
However, the GX and the Elite I would be a fantastic combination! Luxury on either side end of the hitch.
