Day/Night Window Shade Questions

Chixter,

Agree, believe that 1.1mm cord would outlast the shades!

The 1.5MM cord I installed is working fine so far, but difficult to install on in longer shades.  Looks like the original cord size was close to 1mm.

Bill

LE2 #75

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
On 4/6/2017 at 7:11 PM, ScubaRx said:

OK, Tali and I restrung the shade with the broken string this evening.  Not the most enjoyable task we've ever done but it beats a sharp stick in your eye.  A little complicated until you've done it a couple of times but once you "see" how it works it's really not too bad.  I had to partially disassemble another one to see how much tension to put on the strings.  I'll be happy to restring one for anybody for only $500.00 string included.

OK, we broke a string. Can’t afford $500 or a sharp stick in the eye. Since we’re on the road it will have to wait until we get home. Question: where is the best place to get string?  We will use the instructions in this thread. 

They don’t make the beige shades anymore and Jason quoted me $660 to replace all shades with the new white ones. When we get home I’ll open a bottle of wine, clear off the dining room table and earn my Shade Restringing Merit Badge. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | Elite II #135 | Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Spent about 3 hours restringing my wounded window shade this afternoon.  I used 1mm shade cord, ordered 30’ which was about right to restring the top (screen).  It looked a bit overwhelming at first, strings going everywhere... The diagrams and photos in this post were helpful.  I also took pictures as I disassembled to help with the reassembly.  Once you have it apart it’s interesting to see how it works.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | Elite II #135 | Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 1 year later...

I had two blinds snap a string in the same week. I have the old beige colored frames so I'm thinking of ordering all new white ones and calling it a day. Some of the blinds aren't folding closed very nicely anymore either. Hull 110 is getting up there in age so it's about time. 

Thoughts?

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II - Wayfinder - Hull 110  >>---<<  2020 RAM 1500 Limited

4 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

I had two blinds snap a string in the same week. I have the old beige colored frames so I'm thinking of ordering all new white ones and calling it a day. Some of the blinds aren't folding closed very nicely anymore either. Hull 110 is getting up there in age so it's about time. 

Thoughts?

Believe later hull # LE2s have different size rear window than earlier LE2 hull #, but don't know Hull # when rear window size changed?

• Like 1

Bill

LE2 #75