Custom tongue jack cover

Patriot

What is everyone using for a jack hitch cover? This one looks like a decent one and has a number of very good reviews. It appears to allow use of the light and see your switches and see your level without removing the cover completely. 
-Patriot

2AF5769D-CBBE-45F8-9D46-36B14589B452.png

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Patriot - 

That cover certainly looks cool and has a number of neat features, but, the price reflects that.  I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJJS2U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

over four years ago and it served me well.  I never take it off since I got used to where the switches are located and I have never needed the light on the leveler's head unit.

Unfortunately, at the end of last season I found that the stitching on the cover was dry rotting and the cover material was getting a bit worn which didn't allow for a simple re-stitch.  Therefore, I'm now on my second one of these.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Nice cover. As Topgun said a little pricey, I think you would have a problem hooking up the safety cables to the cover, Being coiled And having to go around the storage box. A simple cover would work better.

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Yes it looks nice - but at about 10 cents - my gallon zip-lock works just fine. Plus, its clear, and no need to remove it for use. But I fully understand - it is not exactly haute couture for the RV style mavens. 

Enjoy the day - remember those who served. Thanks Dads, and youngest son.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

From what I hear about electric tongue jacks and how long they last, I think I will hold up on the cover and use that money toward the price of another jack.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

I would at least put something over the jack.  We have the one you mentioned above, but our jacks are turned 90 degrees so the safety cables end up to the front and back of the jack vs left and right.  I'd recommend at least getting something that will protect the switches from moisture.  Camco makes an affordable one.   I'd supplement with something to hold and protect the 7 pin connector to keep it from getting water and shorting/coroding.  This husky product looks good.

• Like 1

Between Olivers…

On 5/25/2020 at 12:32 PM, Mike and Carol said:

This one is pretty heavy duty. Just $8.99 on Amazon. I’ve had it on at least a couple of years. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJHD3PD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0733E8D6-3651-4A41-9FC2-B0191E1BB36B.jpeg

I think I'm going to look for one of those parking meter covers tonight on the Ft. Worth streets when no one is looking. Mine might say, Free Parking, or No Parking on it.

trainman

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.