11k ac enough in 105 temps?

• Moderators

Although we try to avoid the heat (not easy living in south Texas) we’ve camped in temps above 100 numerous times.  Our AC is 13.5K but it kept us plenty cool on Low.  You aren’t cooling a very large area.  I think you should be fine.  Mike 

• Like 3

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Think a smaller unit would be more efficient, more quiet (important), and more than enough to cool an Oliver. A unit running longer and slower will remove more moisture, as it cools. Being cool, and with lower moisture, it should also be longer between operating cycles.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Think a smaller unit would be more efficient, more quiet (important), and more than enough to cool an Oliver. A unit running longer and slower will remove more moisture, as it cools. Being cool, and with lower moisture, it should also be longer between operating cycles.

There is nothing quiet about the 11K BTU Dometic a/c. I did sound level comparisons with John Davies who was fortunate enough to have Oliver install a 13.5K BTU Atwood Air Command unit in his Oliver. The Atwood was half as noisy as the Dometic.

I’m ordering an Atwood for retrofit as soon possible. The Dometic is horribly noisy. I did the same retrofit in our previous motor home. 

• Thanks 2