Jensen TV/radio audio cutting out from HDMI input

I have a '19 LEII. I'm getting annoyingly frequent audio drops through the Jensen TV and radio setup whenever I'm using the HDMI input on the TV. I've looked at other forums -- even some that are not RV-related -- and have tried replacing cables, cleaning and checking contacts, making sure the sending HDMI device has clean power, etc but the problem persists. Starting to expect the problem might be the HDMI input on the TV. I should also mention that I have no problems with audio when using a DVD so that seems to imply that the radio/DVD player and speakers themselves are ok.

Anyone else had this problem and have any advice?

nrvale0,

Few years ago our Jensen TV did the same thing. Believe it was the HDMI outlet on our TV in our 2015 LE2.

Ran RCA cables from TV to Furrion stereo/DVD player to fix the problem. Now have to choose AV (if I remember correctly) with TV remote instead of HDMI:

TV:

IMG_0790-L.jpg

Furrion unit:

IMG_0784-L.jpg

Edited by rideandfly
  • Like 2

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

tNo experience  with that  TV, but here  are a few basic AV troubleshooting steps that may help if you haven't already tried these things (long ago I built and installed somewhat complicated interactive A/V systems in museums and at trade shows and got used this troubleshooting dance with A/V components, trying to isolate where problems lay).

If there's more than one HDMI input on the TV, you could try moving the input cord from one to the other to try to sort out whether the problem is in the TV or in the cord or the device that's providing the source signal. You would of course have to select that second HDMI input on the TV menu. If you have a computer monitor in your house that takes an HDMI input (and has  a speaker, which is not uncommon in later model LCD monitors) you could also bring that into the trailer and swap the HDMI input cable from your trailer's TV to the computer monitor to see whether that  HDMI cable/plug is providing a good signal to the TV...

Edited by Jim_Oker
  • Like 3

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

Only one HDMI on my model but I do have a computer monitor I could bring in. Heck, if I could figure out a way to power it I'd consider swapping it out with the Jensen permanently. ;)

It's pretty funny that @rideandflysuggested the RCA cables as several times while debugging I've sworn under my breath along the lines of "...never had problems like this with the analog sh*t..." ;)

Will post here when I make some progress...

3 hours ago, nrvale0 said:

Only one HDMI on my model but I do have a computer monitor I could bring in. Heck, if I could figure out a way to power it I'd consider swapping it out with the Jensen permanently. 😉

It's pretty funny that @rideandflysuggested the RCA cables as several times while debugging I've sworn under my breath along the lines of "...never had problems like this with the analog sh*t..." 😉

Will post here when I make some progress...

I did not want to use RCA cables either. Only have one HDMI output on our TV, too.

Good luck! 🙂

Bill

LE2 #75 Tundra

10 hours ago, nrvale0 said:

I have a '19 LEII. I'm getting annoyingly frequent audio drops through the Jensen TV and radio setup whenever I'm using the HDMI input on the TV. I've looked at other forums -- even some that are not RV-related -- and have tried replacing cables, cleaning and checking contacts, making sure the sending HDMI device has clean power, etc but the problem persists. Starting to expect the problem might be the HDMI input on the TV. I should also mention that I have no problems with audio when using a DVD so that seems to imply that the radio/DVD player and speakers themselves are ok.

Anyone else had this problem and have any advice?

Can you clarify a couple of questions to help eliminate some of the points of failure?  Which speakers are you using when the audio drops?  There are front and rear speakers in my 2017 LE2 wired to the Jensen stereo and I can select either pair or both.  My tv and stereo both have DVD players which will display video on the tv.  Which one are you having success with?  Do the tv speakers work ok?  Do the speakers sound good or bad with the radio?  Was the HDMI cable one of the cables that you replaced?

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL   LEII #193 “the dog house”

One other swap worth making is the HDMI cable presumably no need to do any  pulling/snaking just to do the test though you do need a spare and ideally known-good HDMI cable... 

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709