Jump to content

"Electronics Pro Package" in Elite 1 (2021) and Geeky-Wifi-Techy Qs


Recommended Posts

Yes I got this add on. I searched around on the OTT site and I don't see any specs on which exact "4G Cell Phone Booster" and "WiFi Booster" they provide with the 2021 Elite 1. A manual to download. Something.

Anyone know? May just not be searching well enough. Anyway, I am days from going to delivery and the lady at the David Crockett SP (where OTT puts you up that first night, and I'm staying a few extra nights because, clueless) said the wifi is spotty except by the entrance or something. I have Verizon business plan for my iPhone, with "unlimited" data. Yeah right. Pretty sure all of them throttle at 20G.

I am not a hardware type of geek, and I did join/sign up for the Mobile Internet Resource Center, but there is overkill material there to look at some time when I am not so busy. Right now, I kinda just wanna know what the OTT package is giving me. As usual I have home setup stuff galore that I thusspeckt will be useless in an RV whether at a park or campground or boondocking. Example. Would I ever, in any way, need this:

 

nighthawk.thumb.jpg.6b0ecfd68d446c51141825540081977d.jpg

 

Somehow I don't think so, unless I rented space in an RV park and hooked up to their CABLE. It might also make a fine doorstop. I am used to Cox (ugh, I know, captive audience here though) GIGABLAST. I suppose those days are forever gone living FT in an Elite 1 even WITH the "electronics pro package," amiright? If you can tell me I'm wrong, I'm all ears. 

Anyway, I would like to know what OTT is giving me as part of the electronics pro addon so I can perhaps get something "else" (even better?) that I might want before I leave and won't be able to get Amazon delivery for some time. Does Amazon deliver to State Park RV sites? Heh.

Also. Heard something about Verizon Jetpacks? Or phasers or Klingon war ships, that sort of thing. Like I said, not a hardware person, more software and design and writing silly things. TIA, everyone. 

Edited by SherMica

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ship to an Amazon locker, collect it within three calendar days of notification, if you don’t collect it in time, it gets returned and you get a refund.

Amazon Locker FAQ

With 900 locations, it seems as if that would not be too painful for a full timer. As long as you are willing to hang out in a given area for several days. FYI here is the Hohenwald locker.

64CE93BA-4CAF-42DB-A359-52E626887CB0.thumb.jpeg.a9e2d9b86d090e67a556ad4a8377f2c7.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Verizon Jetpack..... My wife has one, she uses it as a hot spot for her Macbook Pro when camping with a decent cell signal. She can run her laptop off it, and do a conference call while streaming a presentation from it, while talking on her phone. You canNOT use your phone as a hotspot and simultaneously talk over it. That is as much as I know. 

  1. Why would I want to use a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of my smartphone or tablet?

    These are reasons to consider using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of your smartphone or tablet:

    • Battery life - A Jetpack has its own battery so won't drain the battery on your smartphone or tablet.
    • Flexibility - If you're sharing your network connection with others, you can leave the Jetpack behind for them to continue using instead of your smartphone or tablet.
    • Convenience - When you have a Jetpack, you can use a phone that's not HD voice-capable at the same time you're using your mobile hotspot.
    • Privacy - If your smartphone is being used as a Mobile Hotspot you have to stay within 30 feet of the devices connected to it. But not if you're using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot.
    • Connect more devices - Most Jetpacks allow you to connect 10-15 Wi-Fi devices, depending on model”

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-faqs/

You can always get one later if you find that you can’t get by with the Pro Package. I think you should send an email to your salesperson asking about manuals. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing to add to John's list, you can attach a MIMO antenna to most jetpacks and really enhance your signal!

Andrew

Edited by AndrewK
typo
  • Thanks 1

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA


2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndrewK said:

One other thing to add to John's list, you can attach a MIMO antenna to most jetpacks and really enhance your signal!

Andrew

I know zilch about these antennas. I do have the Weboost cell booster in my Ollie and it sort of works, you usually have to put the device on the table right under the antenna. How effective is a good quality hi gain external unit, and could I put one at the top of my 22 foot tall fiberglass flagpole? I don’t want to hijack this thread, maybe open up a new discussion about this? I would kill for a solid cell signal in marginal conditions.

I spun this off into a new thread here: ..... https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4915-recommendation-for-an-external-pole-mounted-mimo-cell-antenna-for-plugging-directly-into-a-verizon-jetpack/

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for the MIMO antenna. Seems to work more often/better than the 4G booster.  

I would also recommend crossing two or more wireless providers.  Phone with one company (TMO or VZ) and Jetpack with another (ATT).  

Mike

Edited by mjrendon
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Verizon Jetpack..... My wife has one, she uses it as a hot spot for her Macbook Pro when camping with a decent cell signal. She can run her laptop off it, and do a conference call while streaming a presentation from it, while talking on her phone. You canNOT use your phone as a hotspot and simultaneously talk over it. That is as much as I know. 

  1. Why would I want to use a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of my smartphone or tablet?

    These are reasons to consider using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of your smartphone or tablet:

    • Battery life - A Jetpack has its own battery so won't drain the battery on your smartphone or tablet.
    • Flexibility - If you're sharing your network connection with others, you can leave the Jetpack behind for them to continue using instead of your smartphone or tablet.
    • Convenience - When you have a Jetpack, you can use a phone that's not HD voice-capable at the same time you're using your mobile hotspot.
    • Privacy - If your smartphone is being used as a Mobile Hotspot you have to stay within 30 feet of the devices connected to it. But not if you're using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot.
    • Connect more devices - Most Jetpacks allow you to connect 10-15 Wi-Fi devices, depending on model”

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-faqs/

You can always get one later if you find that you can’t get by with the Pro Package. I think you should send an email to your salesperson asking about manuals. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

I did ask rep - nothing back. Maybe rep was out of office a few days. Your wife’s setup sounds like me - Macbook Pro, buncha wifi gadgets, apps. Like to stream Netflix, etc. Have a Dell laptop but not set up yet. I am not so much on the cell as a “phone,” ever, anyway. Texting, etc. sure.
 

The Jetpack (if not sooner, meaning this week before I leave, then to the Zon locker) sounds like the way to go for me, at least for now. Later, when I need to link up to the ISS or something like that I can “add” stuff or “upgrade.” Half the fun of nerddom is trying to figure out what “must have now!” gadget to pursue next. Hah. 

Thanks!

Edited by SherMica
  • Thanks 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Before amazon lockers, I  used ups stores as a pickup location. Figured out where I'd be and when, called the store, made sure they offered the service, and had my package shipped there. That involved a small fee paid to the ups store at pickup, but the last time I  used this method, the vendor wasn't on Amazon.

If you're at a campground or rv park with an office,  the office may accept a package for you. Check ahead to make sure, though. Not everyone wants that responsibility. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndrewK said:

One other thing to add to John's list, you can attach a MIMO antenna to most jetpacks and really enhance your signal!

Andrew

Andrew, that “Pro Package” photo — on OTT’s site. I can sort of make out the brand name on the one piece of equipment (since no brochure on OTT site that *I* can find and they haven’t actually updated stuff for 2021 Elite 1 — it still says 2020 models so not sure what may have changed in this particular item). It looks like it is a Wifi Ranger “Sky Pro.” And some kind of antenna. All new to me and not sure the page has been updated for Electronic Pro Packages for 2021 Ollies. Here is the page. 

 

 

45925285-A27A-4773-81CB-2DAB3A510954.jpeg

Edited by SherMica

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Before amazon lockers, I  used ups stores as a pickup location. Figured out where I'd be and when, called the store, made sure they offered the service, and had my package shipped there. That involved a small fee paid to the ups store at pickup, but the last time I  used this method, the vendor wasn't on Amazon.

If you're at a campground or rv park with an office,  the office may accept a package for you. Check ahead to make sure, though. Not everyone wants that responsibility. 

I will be at the David Crockett SP near Hohenwald for like, a week, practicing towing and hitching and stuff anyway. So much to learn. If anyone on here lives near there and wants to come by the SP that week and have a cuppa Joe, let me know. I would likely have a few qs for you and you could see what a goofbag I am, you know, in person. Lol

Edited by SherMica
  • Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the WiFi antenna and booster/ router, for picking up wifi at a commercial campground. Plus a cellular antenna and cell booster, for phone and data. Two separate systems. Many people do not care for the wifi system, many campgrounds that offer free wifi are very slow or bogged down by too many users, it is frustrating. If you like to park near a McDonalds or Starbucks and steal their wifi, it might make you happy. I chose to not buy the wifi equipment because we very rarely overnight at a commercial RV park.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my. Well, this isn’t a good sign. LOLing here. I followed the link to Verizon Jetpack stuff that John provided and found a handy “calculate how much data you use” thing there. Screen cap attached. “I was told there would be no math!”

1DDECC04-FC98-4F2F-9F9E-62538A70F78C.png

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

There is the WiFi antenna and booster/ router, for picking up wifi at a commercial campground. Plus a cellular antenna and cell booster, for phone and data. Two separate systems. Many people do not care for the wifi system, many campgrounds that offer free wifi are very slow or bogged down by too many users, it is frustrating. If you like to park near a McDonalds or Starbucks and steal their wifi, it might make you happy. I chose to not buy the wifi equipment because we very rarely overnight at a commercial RV park.

John Davies

Spokane WA

I used to work in Starbucks and it was okay (VPN, natch). I will make do til I have time to see what kickin’ options are out there to get me as close to “gigablast” (or Fios! Ha!) in an RV as I can. I don’t plan on being way way way boondocky, ever; neither, though, can I see myself crammed into an RV Park where I can hear the noise next door etc. Some happy medium, I hope!

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

SherMica,

The cell booster brand is SureCall, a copy/spinoff of an older model WeBoost.

I have an updated WeBoost and I wish I had not wasted the money.  I have yet to get better reception with the booster.  If your phone is new (less that a few years old) it uses MIMO (Multi In Multi Out) antennas built into the phone.  A booster only uses one in and one out, which most of the time diminishes the signal.

Here is a link to a Internet Resource Center YouTube video on the subject.

MIMO vs Boosters: Do Cellular Boosters Provide the Best Signal & Data Performance? - YouTube

I would save your money and see how well your phone works as a hotspot and if that is not sufficient, try a Jetpack/Mifi with a MIMO antenna.

Andrew

 

Edited by AndrewK
typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA


2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AndrewK said:

SherMica,

The cell booster brand is SureCall, a copy/spinoff of an older model WeBoost.

I have an updated WeBoost and I wish I had not wasted the money.  I have yet to get better reception with the booster.  If your phone is new (less that a few years old) it uses MIMO (Multi In Multi Out) antennas built into the phone.  A booster only uses one in and one out, which most of the time diminishes the signal.

Here is a link to a Internet Resource Center YouTube video on the subject.

MIMO vs Boosters: Do Cellular Boosters Provide the Best Signal & Data Performance? - YouTube

I would save your money and see how well your phone works as a hotspot and if that is not sufficient, try a Jetpack/Mifi with a MIMO antenna.

Andrew

 

Will do! Thanks! I have iPhone 11 Pro with a Verizon “unlimited” (ha!) business plan. 

Edited by SherMica
  • Like 1

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem with weefee/phone use is that when the signal is marginal, or non-existent, no amount of boost or antenna will process the signal, whether receive or transmit, SherMica. I think that you understand that. Until Elon Musk gets his satellite system installed, with a gajillion geo stationary satellites, there won't be universal coverage with any system. And even then, when parked under that nice shade tree, the satellite will be screened and the signal will be diminished. WeeFee uses one set of frequencies and phones use a different set of frequencies, so hence the need for different boosters and systems. So if using a JetPack or similar hotspot type system, that is your phone, which means the weefee or wired connection would be between the computer and the hotspot device. No booster needed. As you get more comfortable with camping and set-up, you might want an antenna, such as a mimo antenna, on the end of a 20' or taller mast. Actually easy to set up. I play ham radio, and set-up a portable antenna mast at most campsites or even for portable day use. Of course anything is easy when you know what you are doing, and have experience. 

Let us know what you think of the package. One of the pictures is of the electronic door lock. I also purchased the package, bowing to a bit of sales talk. If it works, I am happy. If no improvement, then it is the cost of a learning experience. I looked at the cost of the package, what came in it, and decided that it would be worth it. I wanted the doorlock, for some reason. I have some other ideas on weefee and cell phone antenna systems. Learning about that now. 

John

  • Like 1

2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

2021 Elite I to be picked up in March, 2021

                                               

      States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

Pre-Oliver                                                                            Oliver, beginning March, 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JRK said:

the problem with weefee/phone use is that when the signal is marginal, or non-existent, no amount of boost or antenna will process the signal, whether receive or transmit, SherMica. I think that you understand that. Until Elon Musk gets his satellite system installed, with a gajillion geo stationary satellites, there won't be universal coverage with any system. And even then, when parked under that nice shade tree, the satellite will be screened and the signal will be diminished. WeeFee uses one set of frequencies and phones use a different set of frequencies, so hence the need for different boosters and systems. So if using a JetPack or similar hotspot type system, that is your phone, which means the weefee or wired connection would be between the computer and the hotspot device. No booster needed. As you get more comfortable with camping and set-up, you might want an antenna, such as a mimo antenna, on the end of a 20' or taller mast. Actually easy to set up. I play ham radio, and set-up a portable antenna mast at most campsites or even for portable day use. Of course anything is easy when you know what you are doing, and have experience. 

Let us know what you think of the package. One of the pictures is of the electronic door lock. I also purchased the package, bowing to a bit of sales talk. If it works, I am happy. If no improvement, then it is the cost of a learning experience. I looked at the cost of the package, what came in it, and decided that it would be worth it. I wanted the doorlock, for some reason. I have some other ideas on weefee and cell phone antenna systems. Learning about that now. 

John

Yeah I kinda went with the sales-pitchy too, but I can't blame anyone, really, because ... "Ohh! Shiny! Gadgets!" I will let you guys know re: Elec Pro Pkg, yea or nay or meh.

D-DAY. Heh. Delivery Day. Jan 26. I am still running around trying to deal with all life has dealt me and thus have STILL not had time to watch very many of the OTT site videos. I HAVE tried to prioritize the time I have, and watch the ones I think I will need to know immediately. Like, that night in the cold campground, backing in, then "hooking up" for the first time with a dog bugging me.

Dog (English Lab, speaks with accent) will be all, "WOT's oll LISS then? We're LEVVIN' in 'ere? Ya CON'T be seer-yuss. In this? This OIT-TEEN FOOT FOY-BUH-GLOSS MOO-ving lorry or wot evah? Right. I've got dibs on the BED. You lot, on the rug there."

Fear not, good OTT Forumites. I am NOT leaving that OTT parking lot until I feel ok with driving, (you should hear my monologues while driving, even on a good day, heh), turning, backing up, hitching and unhitching. Srsly. They know I am new. I think the take-them-donuts idea will help. I sure hope so. NO one wants a n00b running loose on the highways or in the campgrounds. "Oh, so I plug this big cord into the water hose and flip the switch? Yes, that's what I remember reading." Zzzzt! No. I have common sense, just new to this. I can read. I can follow instructions. I will be ok. And thank you all again.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Copilot: Dog, James Dog.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
 
On 1/16/2021 at 10:56 AM, SherMica said:

I searched around on the OTT site and I don't see any specs on which exact "4G Cell Phone Booster" and "WiFi Booster" they provide with the 2021 Elite 1.

 
On 1/16/2021 at 4:43 PM, AndrewK said:

SherMica,

The cell booster brand is SureCall, a copy/spinoff of an older model WeBoost.

I have an updated WeBoost and I wish I had not wasted the money.  I have yet to get better reception with the booster.  If your phone is new (less that a few years old) it uses MIMO (Multi In Multi Out) antennas built into the phone.  A booster only uses one in and one out, which most of the time diminishes the signal.

CELL BOOSTER

As Andrew notes, Oliver is no longer using the WeBoost unit; they've gone to the SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 (https://www.amazon.com/SureCall-Fusion2Go-Vehicle-Booster-Carriers/dp/B079TKG6Q5/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Fusion2Go+3.0&qid=1611515323&sr=8-3) A 5-G knock-off, perhaps, although it seems like SureCall is one of the larger suppliers for this sort of device.    
 
Here are product specs: 
 
Uplink Frequency Range (MHz):
698-716 / 776-787 / 824-849 / 1850-1915 / 1710-1755 (G Block Included)
Downlink Frequency Range (MHz):
728-746 / 746-757 / 869-894 / 1930-1995 / 2110-2155 (G Block Included)
Supported Standards:
CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, EVDO, LTE and all cellular standards
Input/Output Impedance:
50 Ohm
Maximum Gain:
50 dB
Noise Figure:
≤5 dB
VSWR:
≤2.0
Gain Adjustment:
20 dB (Automatic)
DC Car Charger:
6-15V
Maximum Output Power:
1 Watt EIRP
Cable:
SC-240
Exterior Antenna Cable Length:
40 ft
RF Connectors:
FME Male (both ends)
Power Consumption:
<10W
Dimensions:
5.625" x 4" x 1.125"
Weight:
1.43 lbs
 
This unit supports multiple frequencies: LTE bands 12, 17, 13, 5, 2, 25, 4 (i.e., more than bands 4 and 13 on older models, which is good).  
 
The Internet Resource Center folks (MIMO vs Boosters: Do Cellular Boosters Provide the Best Signal & Data Performance? - YouTube-- thank you, Andrew, for the initial link) seem to have a decent opinion of the SureCall cell booster.  However, I'm beginning to think that the hotspot approach (such as the Jetpack sold by Verizon) may offer a better antenna, wifi access to internet for other devices (e.g., laptop and tablet), and a port to plug a MIMO antenna or an even better antenna (such as John Davies is doing).  
 
Furthermore, StarLink (https://www.starlink.com) may soon provide an internet alternative where one system serves both home and trailer (100 Mbps download, ~$100/mo), with access in and out of cell areas, negating the need for pulling in weak cell signals.   Expensive, yes, but if it replaces DSL or cable at home a well as provide mobility, then it's an intriguing solution.
 
WiFi BOOSTER
 
According to the Internet Resource Center (IRC), the WiFi booster used by Oliver (WiFi Ranger Sky Pro, based on photo in Upgrades -- please correct me if this is not true) is decent, but not very future proofed.  My understanding is that the model is being discontinued.  There are many alternatives out there at various price points that do different things.  Head-spinning, really. The IRC folks are making a full-time occupation out of reviewing the plethora of devices for mobile cell, internet, and wifi uses.  Thus, unless some of you make a compelling argument to the contrary, I think I will try the trailer without the factory-installed devices initially, and perhaps look more closely at a Jetpack or similar device in the future.  
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 1:36 PM, SherMica said:

Like, that night in the cold campground, backing in, then "hooking up" for the first time with a dog bugging me.

Dog (English Lab, speaks with accent) will be all, "WOT's oll LISS then? We're LEVVIN' in 'ere? Ya CON'T be seer-yuss. In this? This OIT-TEEN FOOT FOY-BUH-GLOSS MOO-ving lorry or wot evah? Right. I've got dibs on the BED. You lot, on the rug there."

 

🙂 Your funny.....! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II  (11/21 delivery)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, John E Davies said:

Verizon Jetpack..... My wife has one, she uses it as a hot spot for her Macbook Pro when camping with a decent cell signal. She can run her laptop off it, and do a conference call while streaming a presentation from it, while talking on her phone. You canNOT use your phone as a hotspot and simultaneously talk over it. That is as much as I know. 

  1. Why would I want to use a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of my smartphone or tablet?

    These are reasons to consider using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot instead of your smartphone or tablet:

    • Battery life - A Jetpack has its own battery so won't drain the battery on your smartphone or tablet.
    • Flexibility - If you're sharing your network connection with others, you can leave the Jetpack behind for them to continue using instead of your smartphone or tablet.
    • Convenience - When you have a Jetpack, you can use a phone that's not HD voice-capable at the same time you're using your mobile hotspot.
    • Privacy - If your smartphone is being used as a Mobile Hotspot you have to stay within 30 feet of the devices connected to it. But not if you're using a Jetpack as a Mobile Hotspot.
    • Connect more devices - Most Jetpacks allow you to connect 10-15 Wi-Fi devices, depending on model”

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-jetpack-faqs/

You can always get one later if you find that you can’t get by with the Pro Package. I think you should send an email to your salesperson asking about manuals. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

 . . . . . . and I believe the Jet pack has a better antenna than most cell phones.  We have US Cellular . . . . . MiFi.   That being said, you might not notice as much increase in signal strength with the cell booster and the jet pack as you will with the cell booster and phone.

Our 2021 Elite II came with SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 Cell phone amplifier.  The manual is on page 188 of the Optional Features Component manual.

  • Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

States map oliver.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best choice for a hotspot device is somewhat dependent on the service provider.  There's a lot of discussion about Verizon jetpack, but if you have AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile for example, the jetpack won't be the best solution.

Here's a link that identifies the best wifi hotspot device for a given service provider:  https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-mobile-hotspots

  • Like 2

John and Anita

2020 Oliver Elite II, Hull 688

Tow Vehicle:  2006 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab.  6.6L Duramax

States Visited Map

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...