Quick Connect Propane Fitting

I don't see myself using the propane quick connect fitting on the curbside often as I usually set up a kitchen under a canopy but I thought I'd play around with it to see if it worked

I ordered a  fitting to connect to my Eureka stove and my ANCIENT Sunbeam grill (lava rocks even!) they take one pound canisters and everything connected properly.. I did pull the sleeve back, clicked in and turned the lever on the quick connect...and no go.  Both onboard propane tanks are full and open.  There's Just a tiny bit of gas flowing and a tiny flame on both the stove and grill.   I don't claim to know much about regulators or propane fittings but are these regulators just too many in line after the main? How does this work or will it work?  I went to the back by the bumper to see if that one worked and its been capped off.   It's not absolutely necessary but Id like to know how it operates!  Thanx for any input! 

20210701_181431.jpg

20210701_181444.jpg

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"

• Moderators

As a general rule, accessory devices like grills and fire pits will not work with more than one regulator in-line.  And it can sometimes be a challenge to eliminate the accessory regulator.

And the rear quick connect is capped off because the original owner did not chose that option.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

3 minutes ago, mossemi said:

As a general rule, accessory devices like grills and fire pits will not work with more than one regulator in-line.  And it can sometimes be a challenge to eliminate the accessory regulator.

Mossey

I kinda figured that.. My Eureka has a proprietary fitting so I'm sure that isnt going to work.  As you can see the grill has its own ancient reg and it just literally sets inside the tube.. So I guess I wont be using it for anything.  What appliances do work?? 

Here are gas adapters I bought to use high pressure off the tank with a stove that has its own regulator.

I went this route just because I have a number of older stoves, cookers, heaters, etc.

It works very well so far.

image.png.44475872ad3bff4274ce36ce8bdf564d.png

image.png.e280920adb0a504d72e7cf73b6c447b5.png

I contacted Oliver as I was trying to use my Genesis stove connected to the Oliver quick connect fitting. Oliver told me that the pressure at the quick connects is 11 inches of water column pressure and that since Oliver has a pressure regulator at the tanks you should not use a second regulator at the stove.

SteveCr's approach might be the best solution for using the Ollie propane.

A couple of other options are:

1. For those stoves using the small 16.4 oz bottle, you can purchase a fitting to refill these small bottles from a 20 lb larger propane bottle.

2. There are hoses and fittings that you can purchase so you could connect the stove to a stand alone 20 lb propane bottle. This would allow you to use the stove's regulator, but you would have to bring another propane bottle with you.

If you come up with another way. lets us know.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

9 hours ago, SteveCr said:

Here are gas adapters I bought to use high pressure off the tank with a stove that has its own regulator.

I went this route just because I have a number of older stoves, cookers, heaters, etc.

It works very well so far.

image.png.44475872ad3bff4274ce36ce8bdf564d.png

image.png.e280920adb0a504d72e7cf73b6c447b5.png

Steve,

i have been looking for that adapter. would you please reply with a link as to where you found it?

or a name of the (brick & mortar) store you purchased it from.

Thanks,  Bryan

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

I have a Coleman Road trip Grill and a Sequoia portable fire ring both have the regulator built into the hose not attached to the thing itself. I had to buy extra hoses for each with quick connect fitting. But  I can use either with the quick connect on the trailer or connect to a separate propane tank.  There are also kits out there for Weber and Blackstone grills to adapt to quick connects with low pressure. 

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

Maybe someday I'll buy a Blackstone or a firepit but for the most part I carry a five pound tank and almost always set up near the picnic table.   I imagine at a concert, festival or car race having a way to cook near your trailer would be nice.  If I have to re-plumb the whole thing, I don't see the original function.  I'd be interested in the parts to do it however in case I want it in the future.  Thanks for your help everyone!

1 hour ago, csevel said:

Maybe someday I'll buy a Blackstone or a firepit but for the most part I carry a five pound tank and almost always set up near the picnic table.   I imagine at a concert, festival or car race having a way to cook near your trailer would be nice.  If I have to re-plumb the whole thing, I don't see the original function.  I'd be interested in the parts to do it however in case I want it in the future.  Thanks for your help everyone!

We have the front and back quick connects. We have a propane fire pit and a blackstone grill.  We also purchased a 20' hose in addition to the 10' hose that came with our firepit which allows us to set up further from the trailer if wanted/needed. We use both ports most every trip.

Cindy

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

Maybe someday  when my one gallon refillable propane bottle is no longer refillable I'll think about how to connect an exterior stove  and grill  to  the  QC fittings but in the meantime all I'm likely to use them for is a dual fuel  generator (which based on  solar results thus far I  don't expect  to be often at least in the sunnier times of year). Looks like now however  might not be a great time to try to buy one of these unless you happen to  find one in a dusty  corner o f an out  of the  way little hardware store... https://smile.amazon.com/Worthington-281149-1-Gallon-Cylinder-Prevention/dp/B000SKX63U/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=one+gallon+propane+bottle&qid=1625250319&sr=8-27

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

58 minutes ago, Time2Go! said:

We have the front and back quick connects. We have a propane fire pit and a blackstone grill.  We also purchased a 20' hose in addition to the 10' hose that came with our firepit which allows us to set up further from the trailer if wanted/needed. We use both ports most every trip.

Cindy

I know that there are fire bans in many places especially out west but I live and camp primarily where campfires are still allowed.  Maybe if I get to go out west again, I'll invest in one of those cute firepits.  As far as a blackstone, I'm old school and still like my old Sunbeam grill, tiny and portable and my trusty cast iron pans!

SNY SD UP

Here are the parts I used to tee off the Ollie 30 lb tank and connect to an old dual gasoline Coleman stove. I used another adapter on the list to convert the Coleman stove to propane. I could leave the tee on the Ollie tank but so far I have removed it for travel.  This set up will work for other appliances that use the 1lb propane tanks.

image.png.7c76094e7fb712a0e3b879bd7b1c0cde.png

image.png.04777ce47f0454e9c5a9320c00b58c1f.png

Regards,

Steve