Fridge cold at pickup?

For those who took delivery recently, was the fridge running and cold when you got there? Wondering if the fridge will be ready to use the first night.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Our 2019 model was ready.  We had a cooler of food ready to transfer and cooked dinner in our Ollie that evening.  We made chili in the little 3 quart Instant Pot 😋

• Like 6

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

We picked up last Thursday and our fridge was not on and the trailer was still winterized, even though we requested it be flushed and ready.  I would just give them a call the day prior and make sure they are aware of your requests.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Patrick and Danielle Wolfe / 2022 LE II Tail #22-1052 / 2023 GMC 2500HD SLT 6.6L Gas

12 hours ago, Wolfepack said:

We picked up last Thursday and our fridge was not on and the trailer was still winterized, even though we requested it be flushed and ready.  I would just give them a call the day prior and make sure they are aware of your requests.  

I wouldn't think that Oliver would winterized your new trailer, as I would think that most would be camping the first night after delivery. Ours was inside the building (July) and all was working for the delivery demo, Phil was great. 

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Even if the fridge is running/cold at delivery make sure it operates in all modes:  AC shore power, DC battery power, and propane (if you get the 3 way fridge).   A few owners have had issues with the fridge AC plug not plugged into the AC power outlet receptacle. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

I would advise calling a couple days before making the trip to pick up your Oliver.  When we arrived to pick up hull 887 we were apparently double booked and our trailer was still sitting on the side of the facility unwashed with no graphics on it.  Our delivery experience was less than stellar considering we are paying a premium price for a premium product.  While growing pains and the whole Covid debacle could understandably affect things I felt that our delivery experience was an afterthought. YMMV...

John

• Sad 5

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

We picked up last week and asked about the refrigerator and if trailer would be dewinterized. It was still winterized and refrigerator was off. This worked out fine as we were able to test refrigerator on all three modes. We used propane first as this cools the fastest. We also learned how to dewinterize which is super simple.

• Like 2

2022 Oliver Elite II Hull#1047 "Saunter"

2014 VW Touareg TDI

ALAZILINKSMIMONVNMNCOHSCTNTXVAsm.jpg

• 1 month later...

I called ahead and my refrigerator was cold, as requested. 

It did seem odd that my Oliver was winterized and the delivery person told me it was "standard procedure" for it to be delivered that way. It meant that at the end of a long day, trying to set up for the first time, I was then faced with de-winterizing the trailer before I could settle down for the night. It was a lot to do, for a single person. 

• Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

I was then faced with de-winterizing the trailer before I could settle down for the night.

Do you mean:

1. attach the fresh water hose to the camper and supply faucet

2. flush toilet

3. open each faucet inside until clear water comes out

OR do you mean that you also sanitized the system?

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 5/10/2022 at 8:59 AM, topgun2 said:

OR do you mean that you also sanitized the system?

Oh -- no I didn't have anything with me for sanitizing. 

I had to switch up those valves under the bed, unfortunately AFTER I had taken the latex mattress out of the plastic bag and put my linens on. And then I attached the water hose and turned on all the faucets (except later I discovered more antifreeze at the outside shower a few days later).  It was trial by fire.

Lucky for me, Tina and Greg invited me to have some luscious pot roast at their place -- it was the best pot roast ever! 

• Like 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.