HOW TO: Drawers: remove and reinstall your galley and end table drawers, fix loose or stripped screws, and glue the bottoms for extra strength

Before you call, your best and quickest way to get an answer from Oliver is to submit a ticket at: 

support@olivertraveltrailers.com

You will get an immediate email back with a ticket #, followed by a response.

We have purchased several items through Oliver and pricing wasn't out of line. 

• Like 3

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

The newer Oliver TT have a method to lock the drawers by pushing them in tight to the cabinet. . Must be some type of locking mechanism. Can these locking devices be added to the older trailer drawers?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

1 hour ago, dewdev said:

The newer Oliver TT have a method to lock the drawers by pushing them in tight to the cabinet. . Must be some type of locking mechanism. Can these locking devices be added to the older trailer drawers?

Our 2017 wasn't configured with the positive locking drawer hardware - so we stole JDDavies' suggestion for adding drawer straps.   I had taken a couple high-G turns on one of our first trips and launched the right side middle drawer (with a heavy Dutch Oven inside) into the passageway.  The "JD Fix" with Footman Loops solved the problem:

Screenshot2024-01-28at11_15_19AM.thumb.png.c903ad9942671780ae86b668c7350573.png

Edited by MAX Burner
removed data

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

Have you tried removing the offending drawer, and resetting, with @John E Davies instructions? If you've done that, correctly, then you have a different problem.

Blum does use some orange covers, but if the slides are Blum, you'll see their stamp somewhere,  probably on slides themselves.

Do yourself a favor, and do open a ticket,  as @John Dorrer suggested, after you've tried removing and reinstallation.  We've always received good response to tickets opened. And, gives both you and service documentation trail to follow.

I have a love/hate relationship with self closers. When they work, awesome. Definitely not so easy to remove and reinstall as typical drawer slides.

Blum is my hardware of choice. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, dewdev said:

I did this mod in 2019 and Oliver used the same latches a little differently than I did with their version.  The latches I used, had a 5 pound pull.  The initial latches I tried had an 8 pound pull which was too much.

Mossemi

• Thanks 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
14 hours ago, mossemi said:

I did this mod in 2019 and Oliver used the same latches a little differently than I did with their version.  The latches I used, had a 5 pound pull.  The initial latches I tried had an 8 pound pull which was too much.

Mossemi

I just searched for them and they are available at Amazon and they are also available on eBay at a much better price.

Search for "SOUTHCO C3-805"

Mossey

• Thanks 1

You may have already fixed this, but just in case:  Oliver uses (at least in our 2021 trailer) a push latch like this: https://www.amazon.com/CampN-Pair-Push-Catch-Replacement/dp/B074WFN45Y?th=1.  They work well, and should work well as retrofits on older trailers also.  A note of caution:  their little tabs can break off if a drawer is forced closed and the latch is not in position to accept the tab, rendering the latch useless. 

But if the drawer is tilting and not sliding correctly, I would check two things first: (1) there is a flat pin at the back of the drawer that has to fit into a hole drilled into the rear wooden drawer panel.  If the pin is not in the drawer then the drawer will not be correctly fastened to the Blum slides.  Second, if the front drawer latch (the orange one toward the front of the drawer), is not fully attached to the slide then the drawer will tilt and the slide will not operate correctly.  If lying on the floor and installing the drawer, you should see and hear the orange latch click into place.

Yes, it looks like the orange latches you have in the photo are the correct ones.  Our trailer too has these Blum tandem slides.  They are arguably among the best in the business.   

Blum instructions specify mounting the drawer slides to the cabinet wall with 3 screws.  This might be fine for non-rolling homes, but rolling kitchens need more screws.  After the first year (and 8,000 miles) several of ours had jiggled loose (leading the slides to move and the drawers to appear tilted).  I installed more screws into each slide (after removing the drawers from the slides) and have not had a problem since.

• Like 3

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

I have one broken release mechanism, connecting the slide of one kitchen drawer. This is the only reason it is opening during travel, confirmed by the fact the other five drawers stay nicely in place. Other mechanisms will not remedy cause, i.e. replace the broken part. I'm still at loss in name of the manufacture, let alone a part number, not entering a service ticket on our 8-year-old trailer. We're leaving in a couple days, and for now will empty this one drawer. I'll figure it out later.

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
9 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I'm still at loss in name of the manufacture, let alone a part number

I sometimes find hard to locate items on the web by using a picture search on the Google search engine.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Thanks @mossemi, and @SeaDawg who wrote the manufacturer should be on the slides. I did not find a name on the slides but found part # 563H457-02B, which came up on Amazon as this: BLUM 563H4570B Tandem Plus Blumotion 18" Drawer Runner Pair for Face Frame, Silver - Amazon.com

The latch mechanisms are much smaller on these. Last week, I took a chance and bought this Item: 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X1JLQSV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I was ready to return them today and thought, "Will they will work? And They did!
OMG, I removed the OEM latch from the short drawer by the sink and mounted it to the larger drawer where the latch was broken. Then I put this set on the short drawer, and it works! All is good now! 🙂

If you buy these narrower mechanisms, they will work and latch to the slides. The original screw hole, the one closer to the outside of the drawer will work as-is and then, since these are narrower you will have to drill one new hole into the drawer bottom. Use a bit less than 1/8", only go only 1/4" deep and the original screw will hold tight.

So, today I'm on Amazon to supply these links to other Oliver owners and this came up!!! Side to Side Adjustable Locking Device for 563/569 Series Blum Tandem Drawer Slide - 2 Pair (4 Pieces) with Installation Screws - Amazon.com

Amazon is amazing, but their SEARCH engine S@cks! Why did this item not show up the 20 times I searched earlier? 100s of irrelevant items displayed every time! I just order this set for backup parts. OMG, I don't have to drive off Sunday with a broken drawer slide! 

Oliver Drawer Slide Mechanisms.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

• Moderators

So, I'm a bit confused.

You swapped parts from another drawer, but these will work as a replacement  in situ? Just one? Even if other side has old bulkier mechanism?

Just trying to understand.  Obviously,  new part is smaller.

Glad everything worked out for you!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

15 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

You swapped parts from another drawer?....

At first, I did not think the smaller latches would work. So, I removed the latch from the small kitchen sink "junk-drawer" to the larger drawer below to replace the broken latch, so we could use it next week.

My thought was when leaving next week, I would prefer the large drawer to be fully functioning and the half drawer would be OK if only connected on one side. Then when I realized the smaller latches would work on these slides, I installed the two new thin latches on the half-length drawer. You only need to drill one new screw hole. Either model will work on our drawers, and all is good now! Thanks @SeaDawg!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon took a while to deliver these, and they came while we were away. These are the correct parts. I bought a set for spare parts. For only $12 for two pair, good to have on hand: Side to Side Adjustable Locking Device for 563/569 Series Blum Tandem Drawer Slide - 2 Pair (4 Pieces) with Installation Screws - Amazon.com

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2