Paddlebum52

paddlebum52

Looking to upgrade our Rving experience Ā and love the Ollie's we have seen on the road. We have a 2011 - 23' Forest River surveyor that we will be replacing and want to hear all the pros and cons from actual users not salesmen .

Let the fun begin šŸ™‚

• Like 3
  • Love 1

paddlebum52,Ā welcome to the forum!
ThereĀ is a metric ton on info on here, lots to read.šŸ˜Š The search function/window is a great way to explore and answer many of your questions. If you contact Oliver directly they will also help you set up a visit with a local Oliver owner in the area you live in. Many owners are very willing to show you their Olivers and give you real world experience and feedback. I would also suggest you watch the Oliver maintenance videos and check out Oliver University. Another suggestion is to schedule a factory tour so you can see all that goes into building an Oliver and enjoy the wow factor! I feel sure you will find lots interesting thoughts, ideas, mods, and many ā€œopinionsā€ regarding Oliver TT ownership experiences on this fourm. If you use Facebook there is an Oliver TT owners group there as well where a lot of info is also posted.

We purchased our Oliver Legacy Elite ll in June of 2020 and are very happy with it!Ā 
Let the reading and research begin and enjoy the fourm and ask away!šŸ˜Š

-Patriot šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
Hull #634Ā 

• Like 4

Ā 

2020 OLEII -Ā Hull #634 aka- Ā ā€œXPLORā€Ā 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

Ā 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. You need to ask very specific questions, because the general ownership pros and cons are discussed constantly. After you use the See an Ollie link to connect with an owner near you, you can inspect that entire trailer in great detail. Then you can ask here for info about your specific needs and wants.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/see-an-ollie/field-visit-request/

You should also request a buyerā€™s packet which describes everything about the purchase process and has prices and options. Download the brochure if you canā€™t wait.

Add a Signature to your posts, in the Account Settings section, with your tow vehicle information and your location, that helps when you ask the inevitable ā€œDo I have enough truckā€ or ā€œCan I transport my 20 foot sea kayak inside the trailer?ā€ Ā kind of questions. šŸ˜¬

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLDĀ 07/23 "Mouse": Ā 2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds,Ā Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads:Ā https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32ā€ LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum. Ā I would recommend you spend some time reading areas that interest you. Ā Youā€™ll find a lot of information and get an idea of owner feelings. Ā Youā€™ll find mostly good, some not so good. Ā As JD says above, ask questions, especially if you find anything that piques your interest. Ā Weā€™ve had our Oliver over 6 years and are happy campers. Ā Most are. Ā Good luck! Ā Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill CountryĀ | 2016 Elite IIĀ #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome PB52,

We picked ours up in Jan this year.Ā  We have had a few issues, but Oliver's legendary service team has been wonderful and we haven't thought twice about buying our "Bessie".Ā  The Dometic A/C is very noisy but you will have the option of upgrading to a Truma A/C...make sure to get the Truma!Ā  It is much, much quieter.Ā  Very easy to tow with my 1/2 ton Silverado.Ā  Best of luck with your decisionĀ :classic_smile:

John

• Like 5

Oliver II #996 "Bessie",Ā 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

3 hours ago, paddlebum52 said:

Looking to upgrade our Rving experience Ā and love the Ollie's we have seen on the road. We have a 2011 - 23' Forest River surveyor that we will be replacing and want to hear all the pros and cons from actual users not salesmen .

Let the fun begin šŸ™‚

If possible set up a tour of the Oliver factory if not check out the many YouTube Ā videos, lots of Oliver insight there. You can also call Oliver and they will see if there is an Oliver in your area to go look at. We sold our Airstream and bought a 2021 Elite II twin bed model and absolutely love it! The quality and Oliverā€™s fantastic customer service canā€™t be beat!Ā 

• Like 6

2021 Dodge Ram 1500Ā 

2021 Oliver Elite llĀ 

Hull #732Ā 

MichiganĀ 

Ditto what everyone else said above. Ā Get ahold of the Oliver Sales office. Ā You will not get a hard sell or pressure from any of them and they will have the latest pricing, options list and can connect you with a Oliver to see near you.

Ā 

Welcome to the Group!

• Like 6

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators

15th season, and still feel the Ollie is a great purchase.Ā 

Pros:Ā 

15 seasons, still looks new. (We do take care of it, but its outside,Ā  24/7/365.Ā 

It has everything we need, and nothing more. Life in miniature suits us, as we spend a lot if time outside.

No wood. No wood. No wood. So, no rot.Ā 

No rubber roof to rot. (See above.) You do need to recaulk at openings periodically.Ā 

Tows like a dream,Ā  tracks with the truck tires.

Very comfortable in shoulder season camping. (We're not winter campers,Ā  so can't speak to that. Teens and 20s is it for us.)

Great marine gelcoat, fit and finish, and quality marine components.Ā 

Oliver support, and the forum community.

Cons:

It's double hull construction makes it heavy for its size. Not an ultralight. For the most enjoyable tow experience,Ā  you'll need a 250, or an andersen hitch with a 150. Unless, you have the shorty like us.

Dometic ac is noisy (but you probably know that. Your trailer likely has one, too.)

Price. It's not cheap, by any means. But, longevity is there.

Do spend some time exploring here. Ask good questions,Ā  and you'll get good answers.Ā 

Good luck with your decision.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Like 8

2008 Ram 1500 4 Ɨ 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .Ā  Life is good.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My experience with the Oliver sales team was that they took the role of ā€œfacilitatorā€ as opposed to ā€œsalespersonā€ā€¦.this is not semantics. The buying experience, from my order through delivery, never left me feeling wanting, or pressured. My questions and concerns were addressed with patience and honesty.

I also sold an Airstream, with which I was blissfully happyā€¦until I set foot in an Elite II.

Since pick up of hull 997 in January, I have had a problem with my Norcold fridge and the Furrion rear view monitor, both of which Mike Sharpe at Oliver helped to resolve with zero drama. Of course, the items of concern are items Oliver supplied, but did not manufacture.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6

2022 Elite II Twin ā€œKatieā€ Hull 997

2010 Toyota SequoiaĀ 

I agree with all the comments above.

I will only add that the Oliver trailers are very good at holding their value and used Oliver's are selling for near their new cost.

Ā 

• Like 5

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354Ā 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

MaineĀ 

Ā