Friction Hinges - Lippert - Another quick mod.

Ty J

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Just an FYI for those with older Ollie's like mine. Check to see if your door frame has the hinges built into it. If so, these won't work..  Maybe not a Lippert door, or maybe just a different model?

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

8 hours ago, CRM said:

Just an FYI for those with older Ollie's like mine. Check to see if your door frame has the hinges built into it. If so, these won't work.  Maybe not a Lippert door, or maybe just a different model?

Buy Amazon used when you can! The "Like New" ones are now under $15! I bought this used set, and the parts had not been touched. The tape on the box was cut to open, re-taped, but nothing else. I have saved well over $1000 on 30+ Amazon used items in the last few years! If too used, just return it. This has only happened to me twice in 30+ items.

Yours is an older hull, and our hull 113 is 6 years newer. Maybe you have a different make door. I have heard the older Olivers were built one-off.

Just to be sure, have the friction hinge spread to the 90 degree position and hold the door frame all the way open. This way mine snapped into place. I can show you a picture of mine tomorrow, if you like, and post a picture of your door hinges for comparison so we can see if the brand/model is truly different.

• Like 4

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

11 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Yours is an older hull, and our hull 113 is 6 years newer. Maybe you have a different make door. I have heard the older Olivers were built one-off.

Just to be sure, have the friction hinge spread to the 90 degree position and hold the door frame all the way open. This way mine snapped into place. I can show you a picture of mine tomorrow, if you like, and post a picture of your door hinges for comparison so we can see if the brand/model is truly different.

This kit definitely won't work on our door. As you can see in the pic the hinge is made as part of the door frame which makes it impossible to add additional hinges. Well, maybe I could cut sections out of the frame to make it fit but I'm not going down that road..

"One-off".. We haven't named her yet, but maybe this fits as ours is certainly a one-off.. The first LEII sold, the last Ollie sold before the shutdown, and the only one titled as a 2010. Many differences from the LEII's sold after production resumed too.

428480085_713894880890157_1904798531864802531_n.thumb.jpg.a53ffaf27b80985ae80f45cab8423f44.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

4 hours ago, CRM said:

This kit definitely won't work on our door. As you can see in the pic the hinge is made as part of the door frame which makes it impossible to add additional hinges. Well, maybe I could cut sections out of the frame to make it fit but I'm not going down that road..

"One-off".. We haven't named her yet, but maybe this fits as ours is certainly a one-off.. The first LEII sold, the last Ollie sold before the shutdown, and the only one titled as a 2010. Many differences from the LEII's sold after production resumed too.

We're not naming ours, so the name is yours if you want it! Yes, you certainly have a very special "One-Off" Oliver and the door on hull 113 six years later is quite different, I guess a Lippert door. The hinge top of pic is the friction hinge. The riveted one below it the original door hinge. Three original, 2 friction and the whole length is now hinged for a very strong installation.

Door w Friction Hinges.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

I just ordered a set of these a couple days ago for Ollie-Haus. Our hinges are the new style of course so install should be quick and painless. We've experienced the wind catching the door and quickly realized we needed the extra level of "assist" for protecting the door assembly. 

• Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map