Using house current while parked

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Sure, you need an adapter to go from the regular household outlet and cord to the 30 amp RV connector.  you can get these from Amazon or local RV retailers.   I taped a ziplock over the cord/adapter connection to protect from rain when used outside.

IMG_0944.thumb.jpeg.690e5b48b95c180fb71e3eefd3789701.jpeg

• Like 4

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

If you have lithium batteries you'll need to change a setting in the converter (Xantrex) to prevent tripping the 15A breaker at your house. It's setting #28. Change it to 15A or less.

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

You just need an adapter cable like this and then a standard extension cord.  This will let you connect to one of your house 15 amp outlets.    But as mentioned above, this does limit you to 15 amps max current draw. 
Kohree RV Adapter Plug 30 Amp to 15 Amp 110V, RV Power Adapter 15A Male to 30A Female, RV Dogbone Electrical Adapter Cord 12" with Twist Lock & LED Indicator https://a.co/d/2ZZo15P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

As Steph & Dud B stated. We kept tripping our son's breaker until Oliver provided guidance. #28 down to 15. Don't forget to switch it back. Using the phone app is easier to make the changes, so after unplugging turn on the inverter so you can pull up the phone app. Easy Peasy.

• Like 4

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

On 8/15/2023 at 6:28 AM, John Dorrer said:

As Steph & Dud B stated. We kept tripping our son's breaker until Oliver provided guidance. #28 down to 15. Don't forget to switch it back. Using the phone app is easier to make the changes, so after unplugging turn on the inverter so you can pull up the phone app. Easy Peasy.

thanks, Ill have to investigate. I just picked it up a week ago and I have more to learn

On 8/14/2023 at 12:58 PM, Frank C said:

You just need an adapter cable like this and then a standard extension cord.  This will let you connect to one of your house 15 amp outlets.    But as mentioned above, this does limit you to 15 amps max current draw. 
Kohree RV Adapter Plug 30 Amp to 15 Amp 110V, RV Power Adapter 15A Male to 30A Female, RV Dogbone Electrical Adapter Cord 12" with Twist Lock & LED Indicator https://a.co/d/2ZZo15P

I received it in the mail today. Thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark Meadows said:

thanks, Ill have to investigate. I just picked it up a week ago and I have more to learn

I posted an e-mail on another post. I would consult with Oliver as different batteries have different settings. Not exactly sure where to have you look, but Oliver will help.

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine plugged into a receptacle in the garage. It has a 20amp breaker. We dont turn anything on except the lights occasionally and the heater pad in the winter. I use the adapter to attach to our 30 amp cable Oliver provided. 

Should I adjust the setting on #28 to 15 since we have a 20 amp breaker? 

• Like 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

On 8/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, Shawna and Scott said:

I have mine plugged into a receptacle in the garage. It has a 20amp breaker. We dont turn anything on except the lights occasionally and the heater pad in the winter. I use the adapter to attach to our 30 amp cable Oliver provided. 

Should I adjust the setting on #28 to 15 since we have a 20 amp breaker? 

To be on the safe side, check with Oliver. 

I believe if you have LIthium batteries, yes you need to make the adjustment on #28, and set it to 20 amp in your case.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to use my adapter (Marinco) and an extension cord and I get a popping sound inside the trailer I have 4. 6v AGMs is that the issue. I never had a problem with plugging in my old Jayco trailer 

• Wow 2

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite ll  Hull 1267   10/6/22      Solar with AGMs   
 2015 Ram 2500 HD Cummins   B&H Hitch 

is your inverter turned off?

Are your getting a error message on your incoming power Progressive Industries monitor in the attic?

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine